hypertonic saline vs. pulmozyme

M

MCGrad2006

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote> My doctor was hesitant about prescribing HS to her patients because she didnt think we would want to do another neb </end quote></div>

First of all, Mel...I am glad that my doc isnt the only one who says this sorta thing. My doc said the same thing only the other way around. I was NEVER very productive, or I was and just didnt cough anything out....till I started the HTS. I mean I would cough stuff up, just not like with HTS. My doc told me that essentially they do the same thing...bring up mucus. BUT the HTS is better becuase it brings up MORE stuff. So now, I am only on HTS (through my loud and long compressor) and an inhaled abx (through the eflow). Oh yes and albuterol puffer before HTS I dont do pulmozyme at all, and havent noticed much difference without it. I cough up more stuff, so the HTS must be doing something for me.

Hope this helps...altho you do have three different opinions here...lol. Good Luck!

M

MCGrad2006

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote> My doctor was hesitant about prescribing HS to her patients because she didnt think we would want to do another neb </end quote></div>

First of all, Mel...I am glad that my doc isnt the only one who says this sorta thing. My doc said the same thing only the other way around. I was NEVER very productive, or I was and just didnt cough anything out....till I started the HTS. I mean I would cough stuff up, just not like with HTS. My doc told me that essentially they do the same thing...bring up mucus. BUT the HTS is better becuase it brings up MORE stuff. So now, I am only on HTS (through my loud and long compressor) and an inhaled abx (through the eflow). Oh yes and albuterol puffer before HTS I dont do pulmozyme at all, and havent noticed much difference without it. I cough up more stuff, so the HTS must be doing something for me.

Hope this helps...altho you do have three different opinions here...lol. Good Luck!

M

MCGrad2006

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote> My doctor was hesitant about prescribing HS to her patients because she didnt think we would want to do another neb </end quote>

M

MCGrad2006

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote> My doctor was hesitant about prescribing HS to her patients because she didnt think we would want to do another neb </end quote>

T

TonyaH

Thanks everyone, this does help. Our doctor said when we start HS we would stop pulmozyme, so your posts give me good questions to ask at our next visit!

T

TonyaH

Thanks everyone, this does help. Our doctor said when we start HS we would stop pulmozyme, so your posts give me good questions to ask at our next visit!

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

lightNlife

I do both HS and Pulmozyme. I have written an article about neb treatments and CF, and how each of them work together to help us stay as infection free as possible.

I know it can sometimes feel like a waste of time to do treatments that don't seem to work. Don't let that be a reason to stop doing them! The key to managing CF is being diligent with treatments and doing all that's possible by way of preventive maintenance. Quite often I've found that although I don't necessarily "feel" better or notice a dramatic difference from some treatments, I do experience a lot of benefit from doing them all the time. For example, now that I'm exceptionally compliant with my treatments, I can notice immediately when something isn't quite right. It's sort of like getting to know a car. All those oil changes and tune ups, rotating the tires and checking the alignment may feel cumbersome, but when it's all working together smoothly, you can feel the difference.

Here's a link to my article about neb treatments: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://livingwellwithcf.blogspot.com/search?q=bronchodilators">http://livingwellwithcf.blogsp...arch?q=bronchodilators</a>

lightNlife

I do both HS and Pulmozyme. I have written an article about neb treatments and CF, and how each of them work together to help us stay as infection free as possible.

I know it can sometimes feel like a waste of time to do treatments that don't seem to work. Don't let that be a reason to stop doing them! The key to managing CF is being diligent with treatments and doing all that's possible by way of preventive maintenance. Quite often I've found that although I don't necessarily "feel" better or notice a dramatic difference from some treatments, I do experience a lot of benefit from doing them all the time. For example, now that I'm exceptionally compliant with my treatments, I can notice immediately when something isn't quite right. It's sort of like getting to know a car. All those oil changes and tune ups, rotating the tires and checking the alignment may feel cumbersome, but when it's all working together smoothly, you can feel the difference.

Here's a link to my article about neb treatments: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://livingwellwithcf.blogspot.com/search?q=bronchodilators">http://livingwellwithcf.blogsp...arch?q=bronchodilators</a>

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

mom2lillian

I have read some articles showing that some just dont respond well to pulmozyme, there are a # of theories as to why. Whether or not you and your son 'feel' the treatments are doing good they most assuradely are so please do not set a bad example for your son by allowing him to think that it is ok to 'decide' if something is worth it or not. Compliance is so important in this disease and he can only learn it from you. I know as I have been very bad with compliance before and thought it to be making little to no difference until I got to the point like lightnlife mentions of always being compliant and then you can really see the difference. If you son is getting 'the cough' now is key to teach him to be regimented. I am not trying to come down on you as I have beent here before, I am just trying to tell you my experience. I sincerely hope HTS will give you the desired affects

btw I go to kalamazoo clinic what one did you go to?

mom2lillian

I have read some articles showing that some just dont respond well to pulmozyme, there are a # of theories as to why. Whether or not you and your son 'feel' the treatments are doing good they most assuradely are so please do not set a bad example for your son by allowing him to think that it is ok to 'decide' if something is worth it or not. Compliance is so important in this disease and he can only learn it from you. I know as I have been very bad with compliance before and thought it to be making little to no difference until I got to the point like lightnlife mentions of always being compliant and then you can really see the difference. If you son is getting 'the cough' now is key to teach him to be regimented. I am not trying to come down on you as I have beent here before, I am just trying to tell you my experience. I sincerely hope HTS will give you the desired affects

mom2lillian

mom2lillian