Hypertonic Saline

lflatford

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>jdprecious</b></i>

Jaelyn took HTS only for the two weeks that she was in for her tune up last summer. I wanted to keep her on it but the Denufosol study required that we not continue. Our study will be over in about 3-4 mos, and I want to transition her back to HTS. I think we combo'd two different strengths but I am not 100% sure which. Also, from what I can remember it made her nose itchy and she sneezed alot.

What would be a good dose for a child going forward? At her next clinic visit, I do want to get a rx for it so as soon as the Denufosol is done we can just pick up on the HTS.</end quote></div>

Avery who is 4 years old has been on 7% since she was a year and a half.

lflatford

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>jdprecious</b></i>

Jaelyn took HTS only for the two weeks that she was in for her tune up last summer. I wanted to keep her on it but the Denufosol study required that we not continue. Our study will be over in about 3-4 mos, and I want to transition her back to HTS. I think we combo'd two different strengths but I am not 100% sure which. Also, from what I can remember it made her nose itchy and she sneezed alot.

What would be a good dose for a child going forward? At her next clinic visit, I do want to get a rx for it so as soon as the Denufosol is done we can just pick up on the HTS.</end quote></div>

lflatford

lflatford

What would be a good dose for a child going forward? At her next clinic visit, I do want to get a rx for it so as soon as the Denufosol is done we can just pick up on the HTS.</end quote>

lflatford

<br />
<br />Jaelyn took HTS only for the two weeks that she was in for her tune up last summer. I wanted to keep her on it but the Denufosol study required that we not continue. Our study will be over in about 3-4 mos, and I want to transition her back to HTS. I think we combo'd two different strengths but I am not 100% sure which. Also, from what I can remember it made her nose itchy and she sneezed alot.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />What would be a good dose for a child going forward? At her next clinic visit, I do want to get a rx for it so as soon as the Denufosol is done we can just pick up on the HTS.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />Avery who is 4 years old has been on 7% since she was a year and a half.
<br />

aleeesadarling

I use to ask the doctors to put me on hypertonic saline, and they would say no, and I never really could figure out why. But I finally encouraged them to let me, and I just started my first dose last night, and granted it made me cough a LOT it is SOOO worth it. I've only taken 2 treatments so far, but I am going to do it twice a day. I got mine in the 10% form.

It's amazing, I actually look FORWARD to doing my treatments now, and my lungs even felt clear after the first time. I love it. And I am so thankful to have it, it's seriously a godsend for me.

aleeesadarling

I use to ask the doctors to put me on hypertonic saline, and they would say no, and I never really could figure out why. But I finally encouraged them to let me, and I just started my first dose last night, and granted it made me cough a LOT it is SOOO worth it. I've only taken 2 treatments so far, but I am going to do it twice a day. I got mine in the 10% form.

It's amazing, I actually look FORWARD to doing my treatments now, and my lungs even felt clear after the first time. I love it. And I am so thankful to have it, it's seriously a godsend for me.

aleeesadarling

aleeesadarling

aleeesadarling

<br />
<br />It's amazing, I actually look FORWARD to doing my treatments now, and my lungs even felt clear after the first time. I love it. And I am so thankful to have it, it's seriously a godsend for me.

Kristen

I love this stuff too. I doesn't really make me cough much stuff up, and, amazingly, I tolerate it very well. But I feel like my lungs have been "cleaned" after I use it - kind of like how I feel after rinsing my sinuses. And my sputum cultures have had a lot less PA in them since I started using it - I've even had some cultures that were neg for PA! I also got the flu this year and thought "great, now I am going to get bronchitis or pneumonia" as I have every single time I've gotten the flu. Well, this time I didn't, and I def. attribute at least part of that to the HS.

Kristen

I love this stuff too. I doesn't really make me cough much stuff up, and, amazingly, I tolerate it very well. But I feel like my lungs have been "cleaned" after I use it - kind of like how I feel after rinsing my sinuses. And my sputum cultures have had a lot less PA in them since I started using it - I've even had some cultures that were neg for PA! I also got the flu this year and thought "great, now I am going to get bronchitis or pneumonia" as I have every single time I've gotten the flu. Well, this time I didn't, and I def. attribute at least part of that to the HS.

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen

Juliet

I only started it just over a month ago. It's fabulous. The first 2 or 3 days it was a little harsh, but now it's not really a big deal at all. In fact it's been working so well I called the CF center to see if I could do it more than once a day if I was starting to feel gunked up. Usually I can feel if "I'm coming down with something". It's only 1 data point, but with my insane work load the past month (1 all nighter and several days with only 3-4 hours sleep!) I would normally have gotten very ill a week later but this time I haven't. I attribute a lot of that to my HTS and Pulmozyme treatments which I've never had until recently. I especially love the fact that it's natural - Salt water!! No drugs needed. ~Juliet

Juliet

I only started it just over a month ago. It's fabulous. The first 2 or 3 days it was a little harsh, but now it's not really a big deal at all. In fact it's been working so well I called the CF center to see if I could do it more than once a day if I was starting to feel gunked up. Usually I can feel if "I'm coming down with something". It's only 1 data point, but with my insane work load the past month (1 all nighter and several days with only 3-4 hours sleep!) I would normally have gotten very ill a week later but this time I haven't. I attribute a lot of that to my HTS and Pulmozyme treatments which I've never had until recently. I especially love the fact that it's natural - Salt water!! No drugs needed. ~Juliet

Juliet

Juliet

Juliet