Hypertonic Saline

Chelsea861

the hypertonic saline is a harsh neb for me. Definately does its job and makes me cough lots of junk up,but who <em>wants</em> to cough? We cough enough all day anyways anddoing a neb to increase your cough just sucks. I've talked to my doctor and he has let medecrease my hypertonic neb to just once a day. i think it is worth doing, even though it can be tough to do.

Chelsea861

the hypertonic saline is a harsh neb for me. Definately does its job and makes me cough lots of junk up,but who <em>wants</em> to cough? We cough enough all day anyways anddoing a neb to increase your cough just sucks. I've talked to my doctor and he has let medecrease my hypertonic neb to just once a day. i think it is worth doing, even though it can be tough to do.

Printer

Anomie: Yes I have grown pseudomonas, aspergillus that I control with HTS.I also grow MAC,flora and mold. Did you think that because I'm 72 I have some mild form of CF that does not include these bacteria?Bill

Printer

Anomie: Yes I have grown pseudomonas, aspergillus that I control with HTS.I also grow MAC,flora and mold. Did you think that because I'm 72 I have some mild form of CF that does not include these bacteria?Bill

Printer

We need to understand that coughing is a tool that we use (even if we don't want to use it) to clean our lungs. The bacteria in our lungs does permanent damage and reduces lung function and it is necessary to remove it. The purpose of coughing is to loosen and remove this bacteria.

Coughing is our friend and if it is supported by the use of hypersailine, then so be it.

Printer

We need to understand that coughing is a tool that we use (even if we don't want to use it) to clean our lungs. The bacteria in our lungs does permanent damage and reduces lung function and it is necessary to remove it. The purpose of coughing is to loosen and remove this bacteria.

Coughing is our friend and if it is supported by the use of hypersailine, then so be it.

L

lizlas

Anomie.:
Dilute your 7% hypertonic with a few ccs of plain .09 saline, and that should help you.

L

lizlas

Anomie.:
Dilute your 7% hypertonic with a few ccs of plain .09 saline, and that should help you.

dmarie781

My daughter has a g tube and the hypertonic saline coughing causes her g tube to hurt. Does anyone else have this issue?

dmarie781

My daughter has a g tube and the hypertonic saline coughing causes her g tube to hurt. Does anyone else have this issue?

scanboyd

I have both 7% and 3%, really can not tell much difference. For me, I get just as good of a results with the 3% as I do with the 7% so I use 3% primarly. Being well hydrated is very important for me to get good results from the HTS. Doing huff coughs with the HTS also helps.

95%+ of my coughing is done with neb rx's. very little done through out the day, but it is because I cough a lot of mucous up and out with my neb. rx.

As Bill has pointed out several times coughing up and out is a Cfers friend. Gotta do it to survive.

Good Lucka!!

scanboyd

I have both 7% and 3%, really can not tell much difference. For me, I get just as good of a results with the 3% as I do with the 7% so I use 3% primarly. Being well hydrated is very important for me to get good results from the HTS. Doing huff coughs with the HTS also helps.

95%+ of my coughing is done with neb rx's. very little done through out the day, but it is because I cough a lot of mucous up and out with my neb. rx.

As Bill has pointed out several times coughing up and out is a Cfers friend. Gotta do it to survive.

Good Lucka!!