Hypertonic Saline

chantelfox

Hey everyone~

I am supposed to begin hypertonic saline and the CF pharmacy charges about $75 a month. Does anyone pay a different amount? Is this pretty standard or is there a way to get it cheaper? Thanks for any help!!!

chantelfox

Hey everyone~

I am supposed to begin hypertonic saline and the CF pharmacy charges about $75 a month. Does anyone pay a different amount? Is this pretty standard or is there a way to get it cheaper? Thanks for any help!!!

chantelfox

Hey everyone~

M

marcijo

That seems super expensive to me, I pay $29.00 a month (I am on 7%, so that is for 3% and 10% vials, a 30 day supply).

M

marcijo

That seems super expensive to me, I pay $29.00 a month (I am on 7%, so that is for 3% and 10% vials, a 30 day supply).

M

marcijo

chantelfox

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>marcijo</b></i>

That seems super expensive to me, I pay $29.00 a month (I am on 7%, so that is for 3% and 10% vials, a 30 day supply).</end quote></div>

Where do you get it from and does your insurance pay for part of it?

chantelfox

That seems super expensive to me, I pay $29.00 a month (I am on 7%, so that is for 3% and 10% vials, a 30 day supply).</end quote></div>

chantelfox

chantelfox

I would really appreciate any info people can give me. I already searched the topic and saw there was one post about this a little while ago, but unfortunately no one gave specific info about where they get theirs.

chantelfox

I would really appreciate any info people can give me. I already searched the topic and saw there was one post about this a little while ago, but unfortunately no one gave specific info about where they get theirs.

chantelfox

cdale613

How much you pay is determined by your health insurance. If you have a policy that has a flat copay (ex. $20 per prescription), or if your policy has co-insurance (ex. 10% per prescription), your costs will differ. If you don't have prescription drug coverage, you are responsible for 100% of the prescription cost. If you have public assistance (medicare/medicaid), your costs may be very minimal, or even zero depending on your state.

Personally, I pay $20 for each fill.

Considering that the CF Pharmacy considers 10% and 3% two seperate prescriptions, this would come to $40 per month. I think this is crazy, but that's a different topic...

I only use 10 percent, and I use each vial until its gone - 2-3 uses per vial (I don't bother to use the measure - its only salt water...), so as a result, I can strech a one month fill for about 2.5 months... which puts me under $10 per month for saline.

Chris

26 m w/CF

cdale613

How much you pay is determined by your health insurance. If you have a policy that has a flat copay (ex. $20 per prescription), or if your policy has co-insurance (ex. 10% per prescription), your costs will differ. If you don't have prescription drug coverage, you are responsible for 100% of the prescription cost. If you have public assistance (medicare/medicaid), your costs may be very minimal, or even zero depending on your state.

Considering that the CF Pharmacy considers 10% and 3% two seperate prescriptions, this would come to $40 per month. I think this is crazy, but that's a different topic...

I only use 10 percent, and I use each vial until its gone - 2-3 uses per vial (I don't bother to use the measure - its only salt water...), so as a result, I can strech a one month fill for about 2.5 months... which puts me under $10 per month for saline.

Chris

26 m w/CF

cdale613

Chris

26 m w/CF

ReneeP

Both my daughters were prescribed it, but I also had trouble paying for it for both the girls so after a couple of months, I switched them back to Mucomyst instead. However, as far as your question I was buying it at a local pharmacy (not a chain) for $59.00 a box. The box contained 30 15 ml vials, so you'd have to figure how much you will use to see how long that would last you. I have since called other pharmacies to see how much it would and the best price I found was at The Medicine Shoppe and they priced the same box for $45.00. I believe The Medicine Shoppe is a pretty big chain so you may have one close to you.

Edited to add: The box I was buying was 3%.

ReneeP

Both my daughters were prescribed it, but I also had trouble paying for it for both the girls so after a couple of months, I switched them back to Mucomyst instead. However, as far as your question I was buying it at a local pharmacy (not a chain) for $59.00 a box. The box contained 30 15 ml vials, so you'd have to figure how much you will use to see how long that would last you. I have since called other pharmacies to see how much it would and the best price I found was at The Medicine Shoppe and they priced the same box for $45.00. I believe The Medicine Shoppe is a pretty big chain so you may have one close to you.

ReneeP

Brad

Marci

Where do You get Yours from ??
I pay 56.00 for 30 days of premixed 7%......

Brad

Marci

Where do You get Yours from ??
I pay 56.00 for 30 days of premixed 7%......