I feel denied. People with jobs and CF?

kmaried

Hey Matt,

I really wish I had a better answer for you; but this is exactly why I took a job at a large corporation. They don't look at your case individually; just accept the corporations pool of employees and give everyone the same rates. Plus, I can choose my level of coverage. Highest as possible, please!!

Best of luck though - you might want to contact a CF center. A lot of them have social workers and they may be able to help you more than I can.

Kris
26wCF

kmaried

Hey Matt,

I really wish I had a better answer for you; but this is exactly why I took a job at a large corporation. They don't look at your case individually; just accept the corporations pool of employees and give everyone the same rates. Plus, I can choose my level of coverage. Highest as possible, please!!

Best of luck though - you might want to contact a CF center. A lot of them have social workers and they may be able to help you more than I can.

Kris
26wCF

kmaried

Hey Matt,

Kris
26wCF

kmaried

Hey Matt,

Kris
26wCF

kmaried

Hey Matt,
<br />
<br />I really wish I had a better answer for you; but this is exactly why I took a job at a large corporation. They don't look at your case individually; just accept the corporations pool of employees and give everyone the same rates. Plus, I can choose my level of coverage. Highest as possible, please!!
<br />
<br />Best of luck though - you might want to contact a CF center. A lot of them have social workers and they may be able to help you more than I can.
<br />
<br />Kris
<br />26wCF

Faust

BTW sorry for being so angry, I just get so pissed off when I think about how broken our healthcare system is in this wonderful country of ours, and not many besides the chronically sick seem to care at all.

Faust

BTW sorry for being so angry, I just get so pissed off when I think about how broken our healthcare system is in this wonderful country of ours, and not many besides the chronically sick seem to care at all.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />
<br />

iphoto

Faust I feel every single word you said. That's the way it is out there. People diseases that can't afford healthcare are dictated by the goverment. It's either take our check and insurance or die if you don't.

Even a system where I could pay the government a monthly ammount for the insurance would be great. I don't give a two hoots about the stupid check. And I absolutely HATE it when people just assume you're trying to get the stupid check. Ugh who cares about it?

With the option I was told about the high risk pool, well a $700 deductable is nothing in photography. I MAKE (all profit) $1500 in session fees for a BASIC wedding package (I go up to $5000). I'm not to the point where I'm doing a wedding every month (or even every 6 months) but my concentration right now is seniors, not weddings. I could pull off one wedding a month when I start taking them. Like I said the money isn't really an issue. There's enough money in the business to live comfortably (not rich) but comfortable. That's all I want, realistically I can't do it the way that it's setup right now. I'm not ready to go full time yet, but once I'm ready I'll make the switch over to a risk pool or something along those lines.

Nobody really said anything about the business insurance idea, why is that? Does it not work? I'd have someone working under me. My girlfriend would be a part timer.

iphoto

Faust I feel every single word you said. That's the way it is out there. People diseases that can't afford healthcare are dictated by the goverment. It's either take our check and insurance or die if you don't.

Even a system where I could pay the government a monthly ammount for the insurance would be great. I don't give a two hoots about the stupid check. And I absolutely HATE it when people just assume you're trying to get the stupid check. Ugh who cares about it?

With the option I was told about the high risk pool, well a $700 deductable is nothing in photography. I MAKE (all profit) $1500 in session fees for a BASIC wedding package (I go up to $5000). I'm not to the point where I'm doing a wedding every month (or even every 6 months) but my concentration right now is seniors, not weddings. I could pull off one wedding a month when I start taking them. Like I said the money isn't really an issue. There's enough money in the business to live comfortably (not rich) but comfortable. That's all I want, realistically I can't do it the way that it's setup right now. I'm not ready to go full time yet, but once I'm ready I'll make the switch over to a risk pool or something along those lines.

Nobody really said anything about the business insurance idea, why is that? Does it not work? I'd have someone working under me. My girlfriend would be a part timer.

iphoto

iphoto

iphoto

<br />
<br />Even a system where I could pay the government a monthly ammount for the insurance would be great. I don't give a two hoots about the stupid check. And I absolutely HATE it when people just assume you're trying to get the stupid check. Ugh who cares about it?
<br />
<br />With the option I was told about the high risk pool, well a $700 deductable is nothing in photography. I MAKE (all profit) $1500 in session fees for a BASIC wedding package (I go up to $5000). I'm not to the point where I'm doing a wedding every month (or even every 6 months) but my concentration right now is seniors, not weddings. I could pull off one wedding a month when I start taking them. Like I said the money isn't really an issue. There's enough money in the business to live comfortably (not rich) but comfortable. That's all I want, realistically I can't do it the way that it's setup right now. I'm not ready to go full time yet, but once I'm ready I'll make the switch over to a risk pool or something along those lines.
<br />
<br />Nobody really said anything about the business insurance idea, why is that? Does it not work? I'd have someone working under me. My girlfriend would be a part timer.

krisgabes

Matt-
I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through all of this! It's really not fair at all.

As mentioned by kmaried, I agree that your best bet would be to try and contact a CF center and arrange to speak to the social worker on staff. I HOPE that they can provide you with more assistance with things. Being a social worker myself I can tell you that there are so many obscure programs out there that no one would know about but us nerdy social workers who google them lol

Good luck!!

krisgabes

Matt-
I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through all of this! It's really not fair at all.

As mentioned by kmaried, I agree that your best bet would be to try and contact a CF center and arrange to speak to the social worker on staff. I HOPE that they can provide you with more assistance with things. Being a social worker myself I can tell you that there are so many obscure programs out there that no one would know about but us nerdy social workers who google them lol

Good luck!!

krisgabes

Matt-

Good luck!!

krisgabes

Matt-

Good luck!!

krisgabes

Matt-
<br />I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through all of this! It's really not fair at all.
<br />
<br />As mentioned by kmaried, I agree that your best bet would be to try and contact a CF center and arrange to speak to the social worker on staff. I HOPE that they can provide you with more assistance with things. Being a social worker myself I can tell you that there are so many obscure programs out there that no one would know about but us nerdy social workers who google them lol
<br />
<br />Good luck!!