I hate that I can't get a travel vest.

Andi2007

Insurance will not approve it. So, here I am, home from a 3 day trip without doing a vest, and I feel sick. Thanks, craptastic insurance company. No point to this post other than to complain. Thanks for reading.

Andi2007

Insurance will not approve it. So, here I am, home from a 3 day trip without doing a vest, and I feel sick. Thanks, craptastic insurance company. No point to this post other than to complain. Thanks for reading.

Andi2007

Andi2007

Andi2007

LouLou

Yes, you are possibly SOL if you have the same insurance since when you got your other Vest. If it has changed all you must do is use a different company (say Respirtech instead of Hil-rom) for the new vest. Do not mention to the new company that you already have one (at least not on record) and confirm your medical records get scrubbed to only mention acapella, huff coughing and what ever "other" ACT techniques you use. If you work with the company that you got your current Vest from they are required to call it an "upgrade" when they submit to insurance since they bite themselves in the arse with a lifetime guarantee.

This all said, if you travel for work you can probably get one approved with a letter. You'll have to be persistant though. This is what I did but I was ready to do the first way if necessary. I got a Hilrom 105. Then a year later I requested a Respirtech for my son. Since he had no history of any cf symptoms they said I'd have better luck going for it for myself and then just submitting for the jacket for me. I thought no way with a 105 going through one year prior with the same insurance. I was wrong it went through. So now we have two a 105 and a Respirtech. The old Hil rom went back to be refurbished since I got the 105 as an upgrade.

Go for it!!

LouLou

Yes, you are possibly SOL if you have the same insurance since when you got your other Vest. If it has changed all you must do is use a different company (say Respirtech instead of Hil-rom) for the new vest. Do not mention to the new company that you already have one (at least not on record) and confirm your medical records get scrubbed to only mention acapella, huff coughing and what ever "other" ACT techniques you use. If you work with the company that you got your current Vest from they are required to call it an "upgrade" when they submit to insurance since they bite themselves in the arse with a lifetime guarantee.

This all said, if you travel for work you can probably get one approved with a letter. You'll have to be persistant though. This is what I did but I was ready to do the first way if necessary. I got a Hilrom 105. Then a year later I requested a Respirtech for my son. Since he had no history of any cf symptoms they said I'd have better luck going for it for myself and then just submitting for the jacket for me. I thought no way with a 105 going through one year prior with the same insurance. I was wrong it went through. So now we have two a 105 and a Respirtech. The old Hil rom went back to be refurbished since I got the 105 as an upgrade.

Go for it!!

LouLou

Go for it!!

LouLou

Go for it!!

LouLou

<br />
<br />This all said, if you travel for work you can probably get one approved with a letter. You'll have to be persistant though. This is what I did but I was ready to do the first way if necessary. I got a Hilrom 105. Then a year later I requested a Respirtech for my son. Since he had no history of any cf symptoms they said I'd have better luck going for it for myself and then just submitting for the jacket for me. I thought no way with a 105 going through one year prior with the same insurance. I was wrong it went through. So now we have two a 105 and a Respirtech. The old Hil rom went back to be refurbished since I got the 105 as an upgrade.
<br />
<br />Go for it!!

BaylorCrew07

I have never heard of a travel vest. Is it just smaller than the regular vest? Is it just as effective?

When I travel (by car) I just take my regular vest with me, even though it's huge lol. When I fly, I don't take my vest with me, but a smaller vest would be convenient.

BaylorCrew07

I have never heard of a travel vest. Is it just smaller than the regular vest? Is it just as effective?

When I travel (by car) I just take my regular vest with me, even though it's huge lol. When I fly, I don't take my vest with me, but a smaller vest would be convenient.

BaylorCrew07

BaylorCrew07

BaylorCrew07

<br />
<br />When I travel (by car) I just take my regular vest with me, even though it's huge lol. When I fly, I don't take my vest with me, but a smaller vest would be convenient.

K

Keepercjr

I'm guessing you just mean a small, late model vest?

What company do you have? The RT at my clinic told me that one of the companies (can't remember which one - Advanced Respiratory maybe?) has an exchange program. Worth finding out about.

K

Keepercjr

What company do you have? The RT at my clinic told me that one of the companies (can't remember which one - Advanced Respiratory maybe?) has an exchange program. Worth finding out about.

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr

<br />
<br />What company do you have? The RT at my clinic told me that one of the companies (can't remember which one - Advanced Respiratory maybe?) has an exchange program. Worth finding out about.