I thought 30 was normal?!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS' stools were very soft, fluffy like frosting. Sometimes if he had too much fat there would be orange oil floating in the toilet. If DS needs more enzymes his stools tend to float and be looser and more bulky, fall apart more easily and sometimes leave a ring of residue along the water line.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS' stools were very soft, fluffy like frosting. Sometimes if he had too much fat there would be orange oil floating in the toilet. If DS needs more enzymes his stools tend to float and be looser and more bulky, fall apart more easily and sometimes leave a ring of residue along the water line.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

meaniejean

Oh, yes, I am familiar with the fluffy ones as well ; ) And the ones that float and break apart ... I am so sick of looking at poop ...

meaniejean

Oh, yes, I am familiar with the fluffy ones as well ; ) And the ones that float and break apart ... I am so sick of looking at poop ...

meaniejean

meaniejean

meaniejean

letefk

As Melissa notes, the sweat test is not always determinant, especially with some variants of the disease. Both of my girls have CF; one tested borderline (49) and the other tested normal (11). On genetic testing (the full Ambry panel), both had an atypical form of CF. However, their symptoms were more respiratory than digestive; I believe that is the case with many of the atypical cases, but I don't know for sure. There is a lot of variety in the genetics of the disease.

No one wants to get this diagnosis, but in our experience, it was a very good thing that we kept testing. Getting them on therapies has really helped them stay healthy.

letefk

As Melissa notes, the sweat test is not always determinant, especially with some variants of the disease. Both of my girls have CF; one tested borderline (49) and the other tested normal (11). On genetic testing (the full Ambry panel), both had an atypical form of CF. However, their symptoms were more respiratory than digestive; I believe that is the case with many of the atypical cases, but I don't know for sure. There is a lot of variety in the genetics of the disease.

No one wants to get this diagnosis, but in our experience, it was a very good thing that we kept testing. Getting them on therapies has really helped them stay healthy.

letefk

letefk

letefk

<br />
<br />No one wants to get this diagnosis, but in our experience, it was a very good thing that we kept testing. Getting them on therapies has really helped them stay healthy.

meaniejean

Well, this is the second time CF has come up as a possibility for the boys, so I think you guys are right that we need to pursue the genetic testing and I appreciate your encouragement. I hate feeling like a pushy mom ... oh well. I have respiratory and GI issues so I tend to think this is all just related to a family history of respiratory/GI stuff and not something more serious.

meaniejean

Well, this is the second time CF has come up as a possibility for the boys, so I think you guys are right that we need to pursue the genetic testing and I appreciate your encouragement. I hate feeling like a pushy mom ... oh well. I have respiratory and GI issues so I tend to think this is all just related to a family history of respiratory/GI stuff and not something more serious.

meaniejean

meaniejean

meaniejean