I want to know what percent of CFers work

markinohio

I worked full-time for about 18 years until my FEV1 started dropping. When it dropped to the 30's, that's when I decided to quit woking.
Mark

cf71

I was retired when I was dx w/cf at 70 years old.My FEV1 is 55%<br><br>--------------------------------cf71

cf71

I was retired when I was dx w/cf at 70 years old.My FEV1 is 55%<br><br>--------------------------------cf71

cf71

B

bookworm

I've worked 4 days a week for the last 18 or so years. I had to take a 4 day schedule at university too, because 5 days a week - which I worked previously has always been a strain. For the last 7 years my schedule has been 4 days per week from home. Previously I went in one day or more a week, but I found the office renovations that seemed to happen twice a year - and the colds/flus/lung infections and my allergies made me pretty sick, so my doctor requested "all work from home".
<br>
<br>Although I officially work 30 hours a week, there's also the need to stay current in many technologies etc. outside of work hours.
<br>
<br>My FEV1 is about 60%.
<br>
<br>For the last couple of years, I have found it impossible to do a training course with significant hours on top of my job. I always end up dropping out.
<br>
<br>I also find it challenging to work "part-time" when my colleagues are working full-time. The expectations are that I do the same amount of administrative tasks/meeting attending as full-time staff do, which puts extra pressure on me to get the assigned work done in my allotted non-admin. hours.
<br>
<br>I know the answer is not dropping to 3 days per week...it would be more stressful in my case.<br>Oh - should also mention. I have two kids - now adults - and part of my reason for being 4 days a week was managing those responsibilities with university and - later - working.

B

bookworm

I've worked 4 days a week for the last 18 or so years. I had to take a 4 day schedule at university too, because 5 days a week - which I worked previously has always been a strain. For the last 7 years my schedule has been 4 days per week from home. Previously I went in one day or more a week, but I found the office renovations that seemed to happen twice a year - and the colds/flus/lung infections and my allergies made me pretty sick, so my doctor requested "all work from home".
<br>
<br>Although I officially work 30 hours a week, there's also the need to stay current in many technologies etc. outside of work hours.
<br>
<br>
<br>For the last couple of years, I have found it impossible to do a training course with significant hours on top of my job. I always end up dropping out.
<br>
<br>I also find it challenging to work "part-time" when my colleagues are working full-time. The expectations are that I do the same amount of administrative tasks/meeting attending as full-time staff do, which puts extra pressure on me to get the assigned work done in my allotted non-admin. hours.
<br>
<br>I know the answer is not dropping to 3 days per week...it would be more stressful in my case.<br>Oh - should also mention. I have two kids - now adults - and part of my reason for being 4 days a week was managing those responsibilities with university and - later - working.

B

bookworm

<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

K

kgfrompa

<br>I do not work my Fev ranges between 78 and 65. I am tried and try to volunteer and help when ever I can. If I am needed to bake cookies or help in the church I try to stay busy doing something.

K

kgfrompa

<br>I do not work my Fev ranges between 78 and 65. I am tried and try to volunteer and help when ever I can. If I am needed to bake cookies or help in the church I try to stay busy doing something.

K

kgfrompa

D

Deb

I work full time. I have always worked except for the years I took off to stay at home with my kids. My FEV1 is around 57%.

D

Deb

I work full time. I have always worked except for the years I took off to stay at home with my kids. My FEV1 is around 57%.

D

Deb

Simba15

I have no idea what FEV1 is. I work full time, and also part time. Some days I work 14 hours a day. other days I work 9. I am swamped most of the time and exhausted most of the time.

Simba15

I have no idea what FEV1 is. I work full time, and also part time. Some days I work 14 hours a day. other days I work 9. I am swamped most of the time and exhausted most of the time.

Simba15

R

rb1973

I work full time and have since I was 18; I'm 38 now. My FEV1 fluctuates from the mid 70's to low 80's.<br>

R

rb1973

I work full time and have since I was 18; I'm 38 now. My FEV1 fluctuates from the mid 70's to low 80's.<br>

R

rb1973

MMDanehy417

I work full time and have since I was 18. I am currently 30 my FEV1 are at 50% and until the past 2 years had no problem going to school and working full time. Im currently thinking about stopping school (currently going part time at night) due to reoccurring sickness when stressed from mid terms and finals. <br><br>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`<br>Molly 30 CF, CFRD, CFRLD<br>