I was able increase my lung functions by 15%

Twistofchaos

Congrats on your increase!
<br />
<br />I've changed from cardio to weight/strength training nearly two years ago as well when cardio just didn't do anything for me anymore but make me tired. My lungs would limit me long before anything else of my body would get tired or loaded. (FEV1's in the 30%'s) Weightlifting is different in that sets are short so I can atleast load my body and heart before running out of oxygen, cathing my breath between sets. Kind of the other way around.
<br />
<br />Even though I couldn't increase my FEV1's atleast they've been stable for a while now and also got the benefits already mentioned above by Lex. Also the increased strength alone simply makes day to day activities a bit lighter and my body seemingly a bit more oxygen-efficient effectively increasing lungfunction anyway..

tesorotiffa

I have been doing kickboxing at the gym twice a week for a few months, and tonight I just started doing P90X! I figured it was pretty clear my dad was never going to open the box so I did. I did the abs workout and 15 minutes of yoga. I'm still pretty sore from Tuesday's kickboxing class so I did what my legs would let me do! Although I doubt I will see a difference in my PFTs at my appt. next week, I'm looking forward to keeping up with this and seeing what they're like in a few months!

tesorotiffa

I have been doing kickboxing at the gym twice a week for a few months, and tonight I just started doing P90X! I figured it was pretty clear my dad was never going to open the box so I did. I did the abs workout and 15 minutes of yoga. I'm still pretty sore from Tuesday's kickboxing class so I did what my legs would let me do! Although I doubt I will see a difference in my PFTs at my appt. next week, I'm looking forward to keeping up with this and seeing what they're like in a few months!

tesorotiffa

FitForCF

Tiffa
That's Great! P90X is awesome and if you can follow the basic routine, you will see a big difference. Maybe even by next week. How cool would that be.
I try to do as much as I can each day, but some days 15 mins is all I got, but it's better than nothing.
Good luck and report back to us next on how your visit was.

FitForCF

Tiffa
That's Great! P90X is awesome and if you can follow the basic routine, you will see a big difference. Maybe even by next week. How cool would that be.
I try to do as much as I can each day, but some days 15 mins is all I got, but it's better than nothing.
Good luck and report back to us next on how your visit was.

FitForCF

Tiffa
<br />That's Great! P90X is awesome and if you can follow the basic routine, you will see a big difference. Maybe even by next week. How cool would that be.
<br />I try to do as much as I can each day, but some days 15 mins is all I got, but it's better than nothing.
<br />Good luck and report back to us next on how your visit was.
<br />

tesorotiffa

FEV1 was up from 59% to 62.3% today! I know one week of working out every day didn't do it, but I can't wait to see what it looks like in April after consistent working out!

tesorotiffa

FEV1 was up from 59% to 62.3% today! I know one week of working out every day didn't do it, but I can't wait to see what it looks like in April after consistent working out!

tesorotiffa

FitForCF

Tiffa,
That's Great! You never know, a full week of working out may have helped. Keep it up and see what happens in April.
How happy was your Doctor?
I go to clinic on Tues, interested to see my numbers.

FitForCF

Tiffa,
That's Great! You never know, a full week of working out may have helped. Keep it up and see what happens in April.
How happy was your Doctor?
I go to clinic on Tues, interested to see my numbers.

FitForCF

Tiffa,
<br />That's Great! You never know, a full week of working out may have helped. Keep it up and see what happens in April.
<br />How happy was your Doctor?
<br />I go to clinic on Tues, interested to see my numbers.
<br />
<br />

tesorotiffa

Oh my doc was ecstatic. She was actually expecting me to be sick! She also thought I would have started slacking on everything, but she was super excited that I had actually started doing even more since the last time I saw her!

Good luck at your appointment. Can't wait to hear what your numbers are!

tesorotiffa

Oh my doc was ecstatic. She was actually expecting me to be sick! She also thought I would have started slacking on everything, but she was super excited that I had actually started doing even more since the last time I saw her!

Good luck at your appointment. Can't wait to hear what your numbers are!

tesorotiffa

<br />
<br />Good luck at your appointment. Can't wait to hear what your numbers are!
<br />