If You HAVE to Skip SOMETHING...

65rosessamurai

I don't have as much of a neb treatment as the typical CF'r, but I've skipped treatments in order to get an extra half hour of sleep before going to work the next day, or I've skipped treatments rather than lug all my equipment with me on a business trip.

However, the wife has been beating me a bit more lately, which seems to help sometimes.

65rosessamurai

I don't have as much of a neb treatment as the typical CF'r, but I've skipped treatments in order to get an extra half hour of sleep before going to work the next day, or I've skipped treatments rather than lug all my equipment with me on a business trip.

However, the wife has been beating me a bit more lately, which seems to help sometimes.

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

<br />
<br />However, the wife has been beating me a bit more lately, which seems to help sometimes.

nu65

I tend to skip the VEST when I sleep over at friend's houses or go on vacation but do like 10 mins of my Acapella instead of the 30 min VEST routine. If I skip a breathing treatment, its usually HTS. HTS is a workout so if I need to go to bed asap, I don't do it.

This is a very cool question!!

nu65

I tend to skip the VEST when I sleep over at friend's houses or go on vacation but do like 10 mins of my Acapella instead of the 30 min VEST routine. If I skip a breathing treatment, its usually HTS. HTS is a workout so if I need to go to bed asap, I don't do it.

nu65

nu65

nu65

<br />
<br />This is a very cool question!!

Playswithpixels

I'd say vest also. I recently got the Acapella and it seems to work pretty well. I use that after the vest or if I am skipping the vest (not often) I do it. I always do my Xopenex and HTS, and if I am on Tobi that month I do it. As I have gotten older I've noticed that I need treatments at least twice a day or I am short of breath, so I rarely skip treatments because I know I'll feel like crap if I do. I carry my Pari trek neb with me if I am going to be out until late, so I can get a Xopenex treatment in before I get home. I find planning ahead can save time later.

Andrea 32 w/CF

Playswithpixels

I'd say vest also. I recently got the Acapella and it seems to work pretty well. I use that after the vest or if I am skipping the vest (not often) I do it. I always do my Xopenex and HTS, and if I am on Tobi that month I do it. As I have gotten older I've noticed that I need treatments at least twice a day or I am short of breath, so I rarely skip treatments because I know I'll feel like crap if I do. I carry my Pari trek neb with me if I am going to be out until late, so I can get a Xopenex treatment in before I get home. I find planning ahead can save time later.

Andrea 32 w/CF

Playswithpixels

Andrea 32 w/CF

Playswithpixels

Andrea 32 w/CF

Playswithpixels

<br />
<br />Andrea 32 w/CF

Wheezie

My doc told me if I HAD to skip something, Pulmozyme was the one to skip. Therefore, that's the one I feel least bad about when it doesn't get done. I skip HTS a lot because (and this is totally Rhitarded logic), it makes me cough so much. It would be fine to do it in the morning because I could handle coughing for the next two hours, but I usually can't wake my lazy a$$ up early enough to fit it in (plus albuterol and the vest and the tobi or colistin). So that leaves hts for the evening treatment, which I do so that I can breathe through the night and hopefully get SOME sleep - if I did hts at night, it would keep me up for an extra 2 or 3 hours coughing my fool head off. No thanks.

If I get off work early enough, I'll do an early evening neb session, which includes hts. This is the ideal situation and it has been happening more often than not as of late. Just one more reason why working $ucks for the sicker cystics. It's not like we CAN'T work, but I'm starting to think more and more that doing so (at least full time) shortens our lives.

Wheezie

My doc told me if I HAD to skip something, Pulmozyme was the one to skip. Therefore, that's the one I feel least bad about when it doesn't get done. I skip HTS a lot because (and this is totally Rhitarded logic), it makes me cough so much. It would be fine to do it in the morning because I could handle coughing for the next two hours, but I usually can't wake my lazy a$$ up early enough to fit it in (plus albuterol and the vest and the tobi or colistin). So that leaves hts for the evening treatment, which I do so that I can breathe through the night and hopefully get SOME sleep - if I did hts at night, it would keep me up for an extra 2 or 3 hours coughing my fool head off. No thanks.

If I get off work early enough, I'll do an early evening neb session, which includes hts. This is the ideal situation and it has been happening more often than not as of late. Just one more reason why working $ucks for the sicker cystics. It's not like we CAN'T work, but I'm starting to think more and more that doing so (at least full time) shortens our lives.

Wheezie

Wheezie

Wheezie

<br />
<br />If I get off work early enough, I'll do an early evening neb session, which includes hts. This is the ideal situation and it has been happening more often than not as of late. Just one more reason why working $ucks for the sicker cystics. It's not like we CAN'T work, but I'm starting to think more and more that doing so (at least full time) shortens our lives.