ignorant but not forever

Angus

Can you over do it with exercise to where it does more harm than good?

how do I know? if I am training with someone who has CF when do I say that is enough for today even tho it seems more could be accomplished. will exercise cause weakness or pain that is out of the realms of normal work out pain?

is salt air good for CF ?

I am new here My grandson was just diagnosed I want to help where I can

Angus

how do I know? if I am training with someone who has CF when do I say that is enough for today even tho it seems more could be accomplished. will exercise cause weakness or pain that is out of the realms of normal work out pain?

Angus

Angus

Angus

<br />
<br />how do I know? if I am training with someone who has CF when do I say that is enough for today even tho it seems more could be accomplished. will exercise cause weakness or pain that is out of the realms of normal work out pain?
<br />
<br />is salt air good for CF ?
<br />
<br />I am new here My grandson was just diagnosed I want to help where I can

B

bethylove

salt air is good for CF. They were noticing in australia that overall lung function was better and did studies testing hypertonic saline. they found that the hypertonic saline, or basically salt water, helped replace the salt in the lungs,which make the celilia (or little hairlike folicals that line the airways) stand up and help move mucus out.

as far as working out untl it does more harm than good? I don't know about that one. I used to do gymnastics and cheerleading and there were some days when I wasnt' feeling good I still pushed myself through all my extra CF pain. There was only one night that I got a little concerned when I coughed up a little blood. BUT the next day I was fine, a little soar but fine. Not to mention I felt extremely proud of myself.

The best thing would be ask a doctor, or ask the person with CF. WE know our bodies and our limitations. =) hope this helped somewhat.

B

bethylove

salt air is good for CF. They were noticing in australia that overall lung function was better and did studies testing hypertonic saline. they found that the hypertonic saline, or basically salt water, helped replace the salt in the lungs,which make the celilia (or little hairlike folicals that line the airways) stand up and help move mucus out.

as far as working out untl it does more harm than good? I don't know about that one. I used to do gymnastics and cheerleading and there were some days when I wasnt' feeling good I still pushed myself through all my extra CF pain. There was only one night that I got a little concerned when I coughed up a little blood. BUT the next day I was fine, a little soar but fine. Not to mention I felt extremely proud of myself.

The best thing would be ask a doctor, or ask the person with CF. WE know our bodies and our limitations. =) hope this helped somewhat.

B

bethylove

B

bethylove

B

bethylove

<br />
<br />as far as working out untl it does more harm than good? I don't know about that one. I used to do gymnastics and cheerleading and there were some days when I wasnt' feeling good I still pushed myself through all my extra CF pain. There was only one night that I got a little concerned when I coughed up a little blood. BUT the next day I was fine, a little soar but fine. Not to mention I felt extremely proud of myself.
<br />
<br />The best thing would be ask a doctor, or ask the person with CF. WE know our bodies and our limitations. =) hope this helped somewhat.

Angus

thank you for answering me, the little guy is but 3yo and I was thinking if i ran and played hard he would follow me I just don't want to do something stupid ... I have been reading here and at the foundation trying to get educated enough to know whats going on ... thank you again

Angus

thank you for answering me, the little guy is but 3yo and I was thinking if i ran and played hard he would follow me I just don't want to do something stupid ... I have been reading here and at the foundation trying to get educated enough to know whats going on ... thank you again

Angus

Angus

Angus

reagansmom

Angus,

I wish my Mom were such a proactive Grandma. They are lucky to have you! I've read that jumping on trampolines was a favorite exercise, so I bought my daughter who's 19 months old a little mini-moonwalk. It's safer for her at this young age and she loves it. I don't think she's ever really over-exercised, but it's important to keep them well hydrated!

reagansmom

Angus,

I wish my Mom were such a proactive Grandma. They are lucky to have you! I've read that jumping on trampolines was a favorite exercise, so I bought my daughter who's 19 months old a little mini-moonwalk. It's safer for her at this young age and she loves it. I don't think she's ever really over-exercised, but it's important to keep them well hydrated!

reagansmom

Angus,

reagansmom

Angus,

reagansmom

Angus,
<br />
<br />I wish my Mom were such a proactive Grandma. They are lucky to have you! I've read that jumping on trampolines was a favorite exercise, so I bought my daughter who's 19 months old a little mini-moonwalk. It's safer for her at this young age and she loves it. I don't think she's ever really over-exercised, but it's important to keep them well hydrated!
<br />
<br />