I'm on the scrounge

KrazyKat

Hi all

Ok, down here in the butthole of the world our medical 'experts' (and i use the term loosely) don't even know about, let alone recommend the use of a vest for chest physio.
Now I've tried just about everything I can think of to try and get gunk up out of my lungs in order to stay healthy, but the reality is nothing seems to work and currently I'm getting sick every couple of months which is really starting to get me down.
Now being undiagnosed for 19 years and then untreated for another 17 years after that, I reckon i've got a LOT of very hard nasty crud in my lungs that will need some serious physio to budge it. So, in short I've decided I just have to get my hands on a vest somehow.
So I was wondering if anybody has an old one they want to sell to me? Will happily send money order, or deposit direct into a bank account if possible, just so you know i'm not intending to do anything naughty, will pay first then supply address details for delivery (i will also pay the freight costs obviously).
Now i'm a tiny skinny little thing, but tall, so am thinking a young teenager's vest would probably fit me the best, so if anybody can help, please let me know, I would really appreciate it.
Also, in case nobody has an old or spare one, do you think a site like ebay might have any for sale? And if so, what should i be searching for? I don't even know who makes the vests..........

KrazyKat

Hi all

Ok, down here in the butthole of the world our medical 'experts' (and i use the term loosely) don't even know about, let alone recommend the use of a vest for chest physio.
Now I've tried just about everything I can think of to try and get gunk up out of my lungs in order to stay healthy, but the reality is nothing seems to work and currently I'm getting sick every couple of months which is really starting to get me down.
Now being undiagnosed for 19 years and then untreated for another 17 years after that, I reckon i've got a LOT of very hard nasty crud in my lungs that will need some serious physio to budge it. So, in short I've decided I just have to get my hands on a vest somehow.
So I was wondering if anybody has an old one they want to sell to me? Will happily send money order, or deposit direct into a bank account if possible, just so you know i'm not intending to do anything naughty, will pay first then supply address details for delivery (i will also pay the freight costs obviously).
Now i'm a tiny skinny little thing, but tall, so am thinking a young teenager's vest would probably fit me the best, so if anybody can help, please let me know, I would really appreciate it.
Also, in case nobody has an old or spare one, do you think a site like ebay might have any for sale? And if so, what should i be searching for? I don't even know who makes the vests..........

KrazyKat

Hi all

mom2lillian

I am trying to get one of the new respiratech vests keeping in mind if it works it will be a LONG process but if I can I might not need the hillrom and I will keep you in mind.

mom2lillian

I am trying to get one of the new respiratech vests keeping in mind if it works it will be a LONG process but if I can I might not need the hillrom and I will keep you in mind.

mom2lillian

KrazyKat

Thankyou, would appreciate that very much. Hope you manage to get a new one, although I think i've heard the hillrom are pretty good too, so that would do me fine.

KrazyKat

Thankyou, would appreciate that very much. Hope you manage to get a new one, although I think i've heard the hillrom are pretty good too, so that would do me fine.

KrazyKat

mom2lillian

yes. I wnat the respiratech for 3 reasons though I think theere is nothing wrong withthe hillrom

A-my insurance woudl cover it and it is newer than my vest so they dont have records of me having one and we dont have to tell them whereas with hillrom I have to pay for the upgrade since they have to tell insruacne I have older model

B-I woudl like to donate my vest

C-I like the portability of the respiratech and the newer wave form is supposed to be superior.

mom2lillian

yes. I wnat the respiratech for 3 reasons though I think theere is nothing wrong withthe hillrom

A-my insurance woudl cover it and it is newer than my vest so they dont have records of me having one and we dont have to tell them whereas with hillrom I have to pay for the upgrade since they have to tell insruacne I have older model

C-I like the portability of the respiratech and the newer wave form is supposed to be superior.

mom2lillian

princessjdc

I tried to do a search on respiratech and couldnt find anything about it or even a picture so I would know what it looked like, could someone give me some info about this new vest

princessjdc

I tried to do a search on respiratech and couldnt find anything about it or even a picture so I would know what it looked like, could someone give me some info about this new vest

princessjdc

my65roses4me

I have to laugh about Buthole Of America!!!! OMFG!!!! That great. Thanks I needed the laugh. Where are you by the way?

I have a vest and dont use it because it aggrevates my hemoptysis. But I am afraid that you can get some ugly bug by buying one from another cfer. You might want to rethink that plan. I would hate to see you get sicker because you got a nasty one from doing this. Do you go to a CF center? Or do you know where one is? Its best to be seen by Cf Dr's as Im sure you know. But if you did they would be able to order one for you. Just my thoughts

my65roses4me

I have to laugh about Buthole Of America!!!! OMFG!!!! That great. Thanks I needed the laugh. Where are you by the way?

I have a vest and dont use it because it aggrevates my hemoptysis. But I am afraid that you can get some ugly bug by buying one from another cfer. You might want to rethink that plan. I would hate to see you get sicker because you got a nasty one from doing this. Do you go to a CF center? Or do you know where one is? Its best to be seen by Cf Dr's as Im sure you know. But if you did they would be able to order one for you. Just my thoughts

my65roses4me

Justsmurfin

Go to the health section on Ebay and search for vests. A lot of times there are some listed on there. The Hillrom models 103 and 104. I know at one point someone had a new in box hillrom 104 that went for $1000. Some of the older ones go for just a few hundred. I haven't seen any listed in awhile but they do pop up on there frequently.

Justsmurfin

Go to the health section on Ebay and search for vests. A lot of times there are some listed on there. The Hillrom models 103 and 104. I know at one point someone had a new in box hillrom 104 that went for $1000. Some of the older ones go for just a few hundred. I haven't seen any listed in awhile but they do pop up on there frequently.