I'm on the scrounge

lightNlife

My clinic has said that as long as there's a 24 hour "airing out" period after wiping down a vest with disinfectant, it's safe to donate a vest. Afterall, the vest is something you wear, not put in your mouth.

lightNlife

My clinic has said that as long as there's a 24 hour "airing out" period after wiping down a vest with disinfectant, it's safe to donate a vest. Afterall, the vest is something you wear, not put in your mouth.

dasjsmum

HI Kat

Here's the email for Hill-Rom. There could be other distributors, but this is the only one I know of.

www.hill-rom. com

aus.sales@hill-rom.com

02 8814 3000

Hey Todd...how much were your second hand machines off e-bay?

dasjsmum

HI Kat

Here's the email for Hill-Rom. There could be other distributors, but this is the only one I know of.

www.hill-rom. com

aus.sales@hill-rom.com

02 8814 3000

dasjsmum

HI Kat

www.hill-rom. com

aus.sales@hill-rom.com

02 8814 3000

LouLou

Existing HR vest users can get replacement Vests (the fabric portion) and hoses very easily. Rightly so, the materials alone are very cheap. If I were you KrazyKat I would purchase a used machine but get a new Vest and hoses. The person you buy it from can probably get them for you before they sell you their machine. You'll be able to tell if the Vest has been used because (at least on the HR) the velcro tabs will be dirty. Or maybe this is just be because I have a dog that sheds.

Anyway, my other point is for anyone considering selling the HR Vest. Make sure you have documentation in hand that proves you outright OWN YOUR MACHINE. In the couple years I've been on this site I've heard multiple stories of HR telling people that their machine was never "bought out" by the patient's insurance company and the Vest is on "loan" to the patient. It would suck if a few years later HR recalled your machine or just called to ask for a meter reading and you'd be left in a tough spot. You might even end up owing them money. It's a sketchy business plan - make sure you know the in's and out's.

LouLou

Existing HR vest users can get replacement Vests (the fabric portion) and hoses very easily. Rightly so, the materials alone are very cheap. If I were you KrazyKat I would purchase a used machine but get a new Vest and hoses. The person you buy it from can probably get them for you before they sell you their machine. You'll be able to tell if the Vest has been used because (at least on the HR) the velcro tabs will be dirty. Or maybe this is just be because I have a dog that sheds.

Anyway, my other point is for anyone considering selling the HR Vest. Make sure you have documentation in hand that proves you outright OWN YOUR MACHINE. In the couple years I've been on this site I've heard multiple stories of HR telling people that their machine was never "bought out" by the patient's insurance company and the Vest is on "loan" to the patient. It would suck if a few years later HR recalled your machine or just called to ask for a meter reading and you'd be left in a tough spot. You might even end up owing them money. It's a sketchy business plan - make sure you know the in's and out's.

LouLou