I'm SALTY

mousesmom

Monique is also very salty & her dog thinks she's some kind of lolipop. The salt really burns her skin especialy the places where she has active Eczema, in fact it agrivates it. She driks salt water (yuk)when she exercises so that she doesn't get dizy.

Do any of you mix sweet and salt, Monique loves to mix jelly beans or chocolate beans with her popcorn or crisps?

mousesmom

Monique is also very salty & her dog thinks she's some kind of lolipop. The salt really burns her skin especialy the places where she has active Eczema, in fact it agrivates it. She driks salt water (yuk)when she exercises so that she doesn't get dizy.

Do any of you mix sweet and salt, Monique loves to mix jelly beans or chocolate beans with her popcorn or crisps?

mousesmom

mousesmom

mousesmom

<br />
<br />Do any of you mix sweet and salt, Monique loves to mix jelly beans or chocolate beans with her popcorn or crisps?

NYCLawGirl

I leave salt deposits on my shirts on really hot summer days, and after exercising my BF often says I taste like a french fry. So yeah, I think being salty is a pretty common issue for CFers, even to the point of visible or uncomfortable salt deposits on our skin. It's not anything to worry about -- just make sure to eat or drink something with sodium to replace what you lose!

I'm guessing it does correspond to sweat test scores b/c, after all, your sweat test results are an actual measurement of how much salt you sweat out during the test. So people with higher scores are going to be more likely to get visible salt deposits, etc. since they are obviously sweating out more salt. But I also think it can change over time -- many people were sweat tested as infants or very young children, and I believe there is actually a lower standard for infant positives b/c infants don't sweat as much. So you might have had a lower score if you were tested earlier and now you may have lots of salt on your skin. I'm not sure if that's accurate, but it is my understanding.

My least favorite part is in the summer when I lick my lips or something like that, my tongue burns from the saltiness of my lips and mouth. Yuck. I also tarnish silver jewelry really fast b/c of the salt deposits and once ruined a leather jacket by sweating salt onto it. My horses used to LOVE to lick me, and my dog still does. I think I'm like a walking salt lick to them. I also notice my tears are extra salty, which I've always found interesting -- maybe it just mixes with the salt on my face after leaving my eyes? Or maybe tears are like sweat with CFers? No idea there.

NYCLawGirl

I leave salt deposits on my shirts on really hot summer days, and after exercising my BF often says I taste like a french fry. So yeah, I think being salty is a pretty common issue for CFers, even to the point of visible or uncomfortable salt deposits on our skin. It's not anything to worry about -- just make sure to eat or drink something with sodium to replace what you lose!

I'm guessing it does correspond to sweat test scores b/c, after all, your sweat test results are an actual measurement of how much salt you sweat out during the test. So people with higher scores are going to be more likely to get visible salt deposits, etc. since they are obviously sweating out more salt. But I also think it can change over time -- many people were sweat tested as infants or very young children, and I believe there is actually a lower standard for infant positives b/c infants don't sweat as much. So you might have had a lower score if you were tested earlier and now you may have lots of salt on your skin. I'm not sure if that's accurate, but it is my understanding.

My least favorite part is in the summer when I lick my lips or something like that, my tongue burns from the saltiness of my lips and mouth. Yuck. I also tarnish silver jewelry really fast b/c of the salt deposits and once ruined a leather jacket by sweating salt onto it. My horses used to LOVE to lick me, and my dog still does. I think I'm like a walking salt lick to them. I also notice my tears are extra salty, which I've always found interesting -- maybe it just mixes with the salt on my face after leaving my eyes? Or maybe tears are like sweat with CFers? No idea there.

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />I'm guessing it does correspond to sweat test scores b/c, after all, your sweat test results are an actual measurement of how much salt you sweat out during the test. So people with higher scores are going to be more likely to get visible salt deposits, etc. since they are obviously sweating out more salt. But I also think it can change over time -- many people were sweat tested as infants or very young children, and I believe there is actually a lower standard for infant positives b/c infants don't sweat as much. So you might have had a lower score if you were tested earlier and now you may have lots of salt on your skin. I'm not sure if that's accurate, but it is my understanding.
<br />
<br />My least favorite part is in the summer when I lick my lips or something like that, my tongue burns from the saltiness of my lips and mouth. Yuck. I also tarnish silver jewelry really fast b/c of the salt deposits and once ruined a leather jacket by sweating salt onto it. My horses used to LOVE to lick me, and my dog still does. I think I'm like a walking salt lick to them. I also notice my tears are extra salty, which I've always found interesting -- maybe it just mixes with the salt on my face after leaving my eyes? Or maybe tears are like sweat with CFers? No idea there.

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Do any of you mix sweet and salt, Monique loves to mix jelly beans or chocolate beans with her popcorn or crisps?</end quote></div>
One of Emily's favorite things is to dip her french fries in her chocolate shake at McDonalds! She gets the strangest looks from the other people there but lovesss it...

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Do any of you mix sweet and salt, Monique loves to mix jelly beans or chocolate beans with her popcorn or crisps?</end quote></div>
One of Emily's favorite things is to dip her french fries in her chocolate shake at McDonalds! She gets the strangest looks from the other people there but lovesss it...

hmw

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Do any of you mix sweet and salt, Monique loves to mix jelly beans or chocolate beans with her popcorn or crisps?</end quote>

hmw

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Do any of you mix sweet and salt, Monique loves to mix jelly beans or chocolate beans with her popcorn or crisps?</end quote>
<br />One of Emily's favorite things is to dip her french fries in her chocolate shake at McDonalds! She gets the strangest looks from the other people there but lovesss it...

petnurse

haha I love the one about the rabbit bites. That sounds like he had you mistaken for a salt lick :) My infant is really salty. I call him my little french fry. He wasn't salty until about a month old. In fact, I used to lick him (weird I know) to see if he had CF since that is sometimes the first clue for babies, and we found out during pregnancy that we were carriers.

petnurse

haha I love the one about the rabbit bites. That sounds like he had you mistaken for a salt lick :) My infant is really salty. I call him my little french fry. He wasn't salty until about a month old. In fact, I used to lick him (weird I know) to see if he had CF since that is sometimes the first clue for babies, and we found out during pregnancy that we were carriers.

petnurse

petnurse

petnurse