I'm Scared

Nightwriter

The internet is a great source of information. But it also has all of us trying to diagnose ourselves for every ache and pain. I am always looking up things and finding things that scare me half to death. Then when I tell my doctors my suspicions, finding out that it wasn't what I thought. It's kind of like having a medical degree by internet.

Like Alyssa said, your symptoms can apply to other conditions -- ones that are very common.

All day long. doctors hear from patients who have diagnosed themselves. But I would definitely ask the doctor about what could be causing your problems. And I would insist on an answer. If you get worse, or want peace of mind, get a second opinion.

Sleep easy. It may be absolutely nothing.

Nightwriter

The internet is a great source of information. But it also has all of us trying to diagnose ourselves for every ache and pain. I am always looking up things and finding things that scare me half to death. Then when I tell my doctors my suspicions, finding out that it wasn't what I thought. It's kind of like having a medical degree by internet.

Like Alyssa said, your symptoms can apply to other conditions -- ones that are very common.

All day long. doctors hear from patients who have diagnosed themselves. But I would definitely ask the doctor about what could be causing your problems. And I would insist on an answer. If you get worse, or want peace of mind, get a second opinion.

Nightwriter

Nightwriter

Nightwriter

<br />
<br />Like Alyssa said, your symptoms can apply to other conditions -- ones that are very common.
<br />
<br />All day long. doctors hear from patients who have diagnosed themselves. But I would definitely ask the doctor about what could be causing your problems. And I would insist on an answer. If you get worse, or want peace of mind, get a second opinion.
<br />
<br />Sleep easy. It may be absolutely nothing.

folione

I can understand the fear and worry and agree with others that the wisest path to take is to go get tested. But while you wait, you can at least tell yourself that if you do have CF, then you are one of the lucky bunch whose severity is on the lower end of the scale. Ignoring it leaves you stuck with the worry & also the possibility of eventually not getting a treatment you need if you actually have CF.

Knowing my son has CF is scary - but not nearly as scary as the first 2 months of his life when we could not figure out why he was not healthy.

Good luck.

folione

I can understand the fear and worry and agree with others that the wisest path to take is to go get tested. But while you wait, you can at least tell yourself that if you do have CF, then you are one of the lucky bunch whose severity is on the lower end of the scale. Ignoring it leaves you stuck with the worry & also the possibility of eventually not getting a treatment you need if you actually have CF.

Knowing my son has CF is scary - but not nearly as scary as the first 2 months of his life when we could not figure out why he was not healthy.

Good luck.

folione

Good luck.

folione

Good luck.

folione

<br />
<br />Knowing my son has CF is scary - but not nearly as scary as the first 2 months of his life when we could not figure out why he was not healthy.
<br />
<br />Good luck.

Kristen

First off, try not to be scared. It seems like most of the info you read about CF is all about how everyone who has is it about to croak. That is not true at all. IF (and that is a big IF) you have CF and you've had no lung infections before, then you will most likely be very, very healthy for a long, long time - perhaps the only issues you will ever have is some minor digestive and sinus stuff.

Second, getting a sweat or genetic test done would be a great way to ease your mind. If your doctor refuses to do one, you could always try to find a different doctor.

Best of luck to you. Based only on what you've said here, my guess would be it is not CF, but you never know. I hope you find out something to ease your mind and help you feel better.

Kristen

First off, try not to be scared. It seems like most of the info you read about CF is all about how everyone who has is it about to croak. That is not true at all. IF (and that is a big IF) you have CF and you've had no lung infections before, then you will most likely be very, very healthy for a long, long time - perhaps the only issues you will ever have is some minor digestive and sinus stuff.

Second, getting a sweat or genetic test done would be a great way to ease your mind. If your doctor refuses to do one, you could always try to find a different doctor.

Best of luck to you. Based only on what you've said here, my guess would be it is not CF, but you never know. I hope you find out something to ease your mind and help you feel better.

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen

<br />
<br />Second, getting a sweat or genetic test done would be a great way to ease your mind. If your doctor refuses to do one, you could always try to find a different doctor.
<br />
<br />Best of luck to you. Based only on what you've said here, my guess would be it is not CF, but you never know. I hope you find out something to ease your mind and help you feel better.

smoothdave

i was in the sorta situation as u, but i was 17, if u wanna mail me and ask anything u can, i am at work just now, so just come on to check posts every now and then.

cheers

dave

smoothdave

i was in the sorta situation as u, but i was 17, if u wanna mail me and ask anything u can, i am at work just now, so just come on to check posts every now and then.

cheers

dave

smoothdave

cheers

dave

smoothdave

cheers

dave

smoothdave

<br />
<br />cheers
<br />
<br />dave