in hospital and very depressed

ladybug

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>lilywing</b></i>

I'm having a port installed on Wed morning. I'm quite anxious about it, mostly about being somewhat cognisant during the procedure. Any thoughts/tips?

Kelly</end quote></div>

I hope the port goes well and you have an easier time because of it. I was actually talking to my doc today about it and MAY be getting one in the near future. I asked and the nurse said I'd be "out" during the procedure. Is there a reason you'd be cognizant? Perhaps others could share their experiences, cause as far as I know, you aren't awake during it.

Good luck, and YES, we DO have a connection as CFers... All the friends I've made on this site (and other CF sites) are truly forever friends, even if we never meet face to face. I think they know me better than anyone!

ladybug

I'm having a port installed on Wed morning. I'm quite anxious about it, mostly about being somewhat cognisant during the procedure. Any thoughts/tips?

Kelly</end quote></div>

I hope the port goes well and you have an easier time because of it. I was actually talking to my doc today about it and MAY be getting one in the near future. I asked and the nurse said I'd be "out" during the procedure. Is there a reason you'd be cognizant? Perhaps others could share their experiences, cause as far as I know, you aren't awake during it.

Good luck, and YES, we DO have a connection as CFers... All the friends I've made on this site (and other CF sites) are truly forever friends, even if we never meet face to face. I think they know me better than anyone!

ladybug

Kelly</end quote></div>

ladybug

Kelly</end quote>

ladybug

<br />
<br />I'm having a port installed on Wed morning. I'm quite anxious about it, mostly about being somewhat cognisant during the procedure. Any thoughts/tips?
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Kelly</end quote>
<br />
<br />I hope the port goes well and you have an easier time because of it. I was actually talking to my doc today about it and MAY be getting one in the near future. I asked and the nurse said I'd be "out" during the procedure. Is there a reason you'd be cognizant? Perhaps others could share their experiences, cause as far as I know, you aren't awake during it.
<br />
<br />Good luck, and YES, we DO have a connection as CFers... All the friends I've made on this site (and other CF sites) are truly forever friends, even if we never meet face to face. I think they know me better than anyone!
<br />
<br />

C

cfsucks

cf is rough. some days i try not to have a care in the world... but then the reality of it all sets in sometimes. normally winter weather bums me out big time, because in the summer i generally feel great. right now though, i'm in not so good feeling mode. hanging out with friends, going to the gym, helps me make it through the day, but when i'm alone is when i start thinking about the negative things.

i can't say anything to make you feel any better, but we all have those days where nothing seems to be on the up and up. (even those not sick, but i'm sure we have more)

anyways one thing that really helps me is music. listening to music i enjoy... that pumps me up really helps me. even writing can help me. sometimes i will write out what i'm angry about and it makes me feel better.

good luck and get better... show cf who's the boss.

C

cfsucks

cf is rough. some days i try not to have a care in the world... but then the reality of it all sets in sometimes. normally winter weather bums me out big time, because in the summer i generally feel great. right now though, i'm in not so good feeling mode. hanging out with friends, going to the gym, helps me make it through the day, but when i'm alone is when i start thinking about the negative things.

i can't say anything to make you feel any better, but we all have those days where nothing seems to be on the up and up. (even those not sick, but i'm sure we have more)

anyways one thing that really helps me is music. listening to music i enjoy... that pumps me up really helps me. even writing can help me. sometimes i will write out what i'm angry about and it makes me feel better.

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

<br />
<br />i can't say anything to make you feel any better, but we all have those days where nothing seems to be on the up and up. (even those not sick, but i'm sure we have more)
<br />
<br />anyways one thing that really helps me is music. listening to music i enjoy... that pumps me up really helps me. even writing can help me. sometimes i will write out what i'm angry about and it makes me feel better.
<br />
<br />good luck and get better... show cf who's the boss.

lilywing

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>ladybug</b></i>

Kelly</end quote></div>

Good luck, and YES, we DO have a connection as CFers... All the friends I've made on this site (and other CF sites) are truly forever friends, even if we never meet face to face. I think they know me better than anyone!</end quote></div>

Hey ladybug,
I guess when they put the port in, I'm under a local anesthetic, sedated, but still able to respond if, for example, they need me to turn my head or move to the right, etc. I'm not sure how that works!

All I know is that I am a nervous wreck!!! Right now I am receiving an IVIG infusion to make sure that my platelets are at a satisfactory level for the procedure (ideally, above 50!) (I have ITP).
My nursing care has SUCKED today, as I should have had this 3.5 hour infusion 8 hours earlier, in order to allow the IVIG to do its job. They kept putting it off all day long because there was always something else to do, like going for a coffee break. I am so frustrated, anxious, nervous and angry, I think I'm going to lose it.

Kelly

lilywing

Kelly</end quote></div>

Good luck, and YES, we DO have a connection as CFers... All the friends I've made on this site (and other CF sites) are truly forever friends, even if we never meet face to face. I think they know me better than anyone!</end quote></div>

Hey ladybug,
I guess when they put the port in, I'm under a local anesthetic, sedated, but still able to respond if, for example, they need me to turn my head or move to the right, etc. I'm not sure how that works!

All I know is that I am a nervous wreck!!! Right now I am receiving an IVIG infusion to make sure that my platelets are at a satisfactory level for the procedure (ideally, above 50!) (I have ITP).
My nursing care has SUCKED today, as I should have had this 3.5 hour infusion 8 hours earlier, in order to allow the IVIG to do its job. They kept putting it off all day long because there was always something else to do, like going for a coffee break. I am so frustrated, anxious, nervous and angry, I think I'm going to lose it.

Kelly

lilywing

Kelly</end quote></div>

Hey ladybug,

Kelly

lilywing

Kelly</end quote>

Good luck, and YES, we DO have a connection as CFers... All the friends I've made on this site (and other CF sites) are truly forever friends, even if we never meet face to face. I think they know me better than anyone!</end quote>

Hey ladybug,

Kelly

lilywing

<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>lilywing</b></i>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I'm having a port installed on Wed morning. I'm quite anxious about it, mostly about being somewhat cognisant during the procedure. Any thoughts/tips?
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Kelly</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />I hope the port goes well and you have an easier time because of it. I was actually talking to my doc today about it and MAY be getting one in the near future. I asked and the nurse said I'd be "out" during the procedure. Is there a reason you'd be cognizant? Perhaps others could share their experiences, cause as far as I know, you aren't awake during it.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Good luck, and YES, we DO have a connection as CFers... All the friends I've made on this site (and other CF sites) are truly forever friends, even if we never meet face to face. I think they know me better than anyone!</end quote>
<br />
<br />Hey ladybug,
<br />I guess when they put the port in, I'm under a local anesthetic, sedated, but still able to respond if, for example, they need me to turn my head or move to the right, etc. I'm not sure how that works!
<br />
<br />All I know is that I am a nervous wreck!!! Right now I am receiving an IVIG infusion to make sure that my platelets are at a satisfactory level for the procedure (ideally, above 50!) (I have ITP).
<br />My nursing care has SUCKED today, as I should have had this 3.5 hour infusion 8 hours earlier, in order to allow the IVIG to do its job. They kept putting it off all day long because there was always something else to do, like going for a coffee break. I am so frustrated, anxious, nervous and angry, I think I'm going to lose it.
<br />
<br />Kelly