Inciid for the heart Scholarship

Lamp

I haven't posted for awhile on here but thought I'd check with you gals about something we have received. We received a scholarship for IVF through Inciid.com. THere and infertility website that offers support for people going through infertility and adoption.

Part if this scholarship though says you have to raise $3000 for Inciid fundraising to be matched with a center. And even then your not gaurenteed a cycle. Does that mean you won't be mated, no. But there are extenuating circumstances that can keep you from getting it and there not liable for your cycle and you do not get the money back you raised.

So I'm wondering have any of you received this, went through with it and had it be successful. We personally feel like were being duped. THey have forums on there website and people that have posted they were pregnant because of the IVF cycle they received from the scholarship. But how do you know there really people and not a fake. I can tell you I have purple hair on here and you won't know the difference. See what I'm saying? ANyways looking for advice or thoughts on this.

Much appreciated,
Laura

Lamp

I haven't posted for awhile on here but thought I'd check with you gals about something we have received. We received a scholarship for IVF through Inciid.com. THere and infertility website that offers support for people going through infertility and adoption.

Part if this scholarship though says you have to raise $3000 for Inciid fundraising to be matched with a center. And even then your not gaurenteed a cycle. Does that mean you won't be mated, no. But there are extenuating circumstances that can keep you from getting it and there not liable for your cycle and you do not get the money back you raised.

So I'm wondering have any of you received this, went through with it and had it be successful. We personally feel like were being duped. THey have forums on there website and people that have posted they were pregnant because of the IVF cycle they received from the scholarship. But how do you know there really people and not a fake. I can tell you I have purple hair on here and you won't know the difference. See what I'm saying? ANyways looking for advice or thoughts on this.

Much appreciated,
Laura

Lamp

Much appreciated,
Laura

Lamp

Much appreciated,
Laura

Lamp

<br />
<br />Part if this scholarship though says you have to raise $3000 for Inciid fundraising to be matched with a center. And even then your not gaurenteed a cycle. Does that mean you won't be mated, no. But there are extenuating circumstances that can keep you from getting it and there not liable for your cycle and you do not get the money back you raised.
<br />
<br />So I'm wondering have any of you received this, went through with it and had it be successful. We personally feel like were being duped. THey have forums on there website and people that have posted they were pregnant because of the IVF cycle they received from the scholarship. But how do you know there really people and not a fake. I can tell you I have purple hair on here and you won't know the difference. See what I'm saying? ANyways looking for advice or thoughts on this.
<br />
<br />Much appreciated,
<br />Laura

Lamp

We've actually refused the scholarship. If we do IVF we want to do it on our timing so we can plan around exacerbation and such. Stinks no one here knew of anyone. But maybe thats a good thing that we refused it. Well, knew anyone other than Julie who was pregnant with triplets when she got accepted!! =)

Lamp

We've actually refused the scholarship. If we do IVF we want to do it on our timing so we can plan around exacerbation and such. Stinks no one here knew of anyone. But maybe thats a good thing that we refused it. Well, knew anyone other than Julie who was pregnant with triplets when she got accepted!! =)

Lamp

Lamp

Lamp

julie

I'm pretty sure they's work around any CF related issues you are having, i've been a member of INCIID for about 5 years now and have never experienced or heard anything but wonderful thigns about them. I'm really shocked you would turn down the scholarship...

The one thing that is different than when I was selected was that you didn't have to raise any money yourself. The one thing I'd ask them if I were you is if that the 3k you raise is considered tax deductible? also, do you know for certain that if something comes up and you can't do the cycle that you forefit the money? That just doesn't sound "inciid-like" to me...

I know at my IVF clinic, they do about 4 INCIID cycles a year. If you are still really wanting to talk to someone who has been through INCIID and done the IVF, let me know and I will ask my IVF doctor to put me in touch with one of those ladies.

julie

I'm pretty sure they's work around any CF related issues you are having, i've been a member of INCIID for about 5 years now and have never experienced or heard anything but wonderful thigns about them. I'm really shocked you would turn down the scholarship...

The one thing that is different than when I was selected was that you didn't have to raise any money yourself. The one thing I'd ask them if I were you is if that the 3k you raise is considered tax deductible? also, do you know for certain that if something comes up and you can't do the cycle that you forefit the money? That just doesn't sound "inciid-like" to me...

I know at my IVF clinic, they do about 4 INCIID cycles a year. If you are still really wanting to talk to someone who has been through INCIID and done the IVF, let me know and I will ask my IVF doctor to put me in touch with one of those ladies.

julie

julie

julie

<br />
<br />The one thing that is different than when I was selected was that you didn't have to raise any money yourself. The one thing I'd ask them if I were you is if that the 3k you raise is considered tax deductible? also, do you know for certain that if something comes up and you can't do the cycle that you forefit the money? That just doesn't sound "inciid-like" to me...
<br />
<br />I know at my IVF clinic, they do about 4 INCIID cycles a year. If you are still really wanting to talk to someone who has been through INCIID and done the IVF, let me know and I will ask my IVF doctor to put me in touch with one of those ladies.

Lamp

Julie,
I know, I know. Its sounds crazy. But upon what we had to sign&notarize, this is the impression I got. I went on to ask a couple questions and the responses I got made me feel like I was being ungrateful. Also our center here, told us, if they could get us a sample of the drug, they could do the IVF for around $6-$8,000. And with having to travel with the scholarship for 2 weeks we figured we'd spend approx. $2000. Also my husband is going to have a hard time getting 2 weeks off and with the economy the way it is, we didn't want to push it. So we figured our center might be a couple grand more but eh, it was worth it to us. If we choose to go through with IVF. I've already notified Inciid that we passed, but thanks for wanting to help find recipients for us to talk to!! I appreciate it. =)

Lamp

Julie,
I know, I know. Its sounds crazy. But upon what we had to sign&notarize, this is the impression I got. I went on to ask a couple questions and the responses I got made me feel like I was being ungrateful. Also our center here, told us, if they could get us a sample of the drug, they could do the IVF for around $6-$8,000. And with having to travel with the scholarship for 2 weeks we figured we'd spend approx. $2000. Also my husband is going to have a hard time getting 2 weeks off and with the economy the way it is, we didn't want to push it. So we figured our center might be a couple grand more but eh, it was worth it to us. If we choose to go through with IVF. I've already notified Inciid that we passed, but thanks for wanting to help find recipients for us to talk to!! I appreciate it. =)

Lamp

Julie,

Lamp

Julie,

Lamp

Julie,
<br />I know, I know. Its sounds crazy. But upon what we had to sign&notarize, this is the impression I got. I went on to ask a couple questions and the responses I got made me feel like I was being ungrateful. Also our center here, told us, if they could get us a sample of the drug, they could do the IVF for around $6-$8,000. And with having to travel with the scholarship for 2 weeks we figured we'd spend approx. $2000. Also my husband is going to have a hard time getting 2 weeks off and with the economy the way it is, we didn't want to push it. So we figured our center might be a couple grand more but eh, it was worth it to us. If we choose to go through with IVF. I've already notified Inciid that we passed, but thanks for wanting to help find recipients for us to talk to!! I appreciate it. =)