Information on CF specific grief counselling

I lost my sister in '99 from CF. I was born 6 years after her so she was already diagnosed when I was born. It wasn't about going through the diagnosis process or seeing her "normal" and then "sick", she just always had CF and there was this battle we were fighting to get her to survive thing all around me. It's all I knew.

We were very close and sometimes we weren't usually not when we were younger because I had a tendency to get jealous or bratty. But when we were older we were so tightly knit together. Even when I started having my babies she would say they were hers and I shared them with her since she couldn't have her own.

I really can't talk everyone's ear off about it so I'll try to keep it brief. She died suddenly on Memorial Day in '99 in a horrifically painful death. I didn't know until after that she'd been taken to the hospital holding Mom's hand the way there gasping. I don't want to go into it much further. She was there and then she wasn't.

I spent 2 years in a very deep depression. I actually went from a Mom that anyone would be proud to have to someone who almost lost her children during that time in my grief. I had small babies and I'd find myself staring at a wall for 45 minutes and didn't realise it at the time. It was a real struggle to get to the point of healing so I could be some type of good enough to be there full time for my girls. I considered suicide so so so many times but I refused to do that to my children. I was on no less than 15 different types of anti depressants during that time, gained 100 pounds, my house went from clean all the time to just nasty...it was horrible. My family fell apart. My Mom was cruel and didn't understand the struggle I was going through and pushed me out of her life. My brother did the same. We all stopped meeting for Christmas, holidays, birthdays, and I lost everyone when I lost her.

It's been 8 1/2 years and I'm really happy, I truly am. I still have her Christmas tree that I put up every year and though it's falling apart I refuse to replace it. It brings her there for me and that's important. I'm in a good marriage and my children who are now 9 and 11 are AB honor roll students. I'm pretty much the soccerS Mom type now.

I lost my sister in '99 from CF. I was born 6 years after her so she was already diagnosed when I was born. It wasn't about going through the diagnosis process or seeing her "normal" and then "sick", she just always had CF and there was this battle we were fighting to get her to survive thing all around me. It's all I knew.

We were very close and sometimes we weren't usually not when we were younger because I had a tendency to get jealous or bratty. But when we were older we were so tightly knit together. Even when I started having my babies she would say they were hers and I shared them with her since she couldn't have her own.

I really can't talk everyone's ear off about it so I'll try to keep it brief. She died suddenly on Memorial Day in '99 in a horrifically painful death. I didn't know until after that she'd been taken to the hospital holding Mom's hand the way there gasping. I don't want to go into it much further. She was there and then she wasn't.

I spent 2 years in a very deep depression. I actually went from a Mom that anyone would be proud to have to someone who almost lost her children during that time in my grief. I had small babies and I'd find myself staring at a wall for 45 minutes and didn't realise it at the time. It was a real struggle to get to the point of healing so I could be some type of good enough to be there full time for my girls. I considered suicide so so so many times but I refused to do that to my children. I was on no less than 15 different types of anti depressants during that time, gained 100 pounds, my house went from clean all the time to just nasty...it was horrible. My family fell apart. My Mom was cruel and didn't understand the struggle I was going through and pushed me out of her life. My brother did the same. We all stopped meeting for Christmas, holidays, birthdays, and I lost everyone when I lost her.

It's been 8 1/2 years and I'm really happy, I truly am. I still have her Christmas tree that I put up every year and though it's falling apart I refuse to replace it. It brings her there for me and that's important. I'm in a good marriage and my children who are now 9 and 11 are AB honor roll students. I'm pretty much the soccerS Mom type now.

Foody

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your tremendous journey toward healing. Reaching out for help in our darkess hours is difficult and so very necessary, especially when those around us are grieving too. May you continue to find ways to connect to her memory. She is forever a part of you.

Warmly,

Foody

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your tremendous journey toward healing. Reaching out for help in our darkess hours is difficult and so very necessary, especially when those around us are grieving too. May you continue to find ways to connect to her memory. She is forever a part of you.

Warmly,

Foody

Warmly,

Foody

Warmly,

Foody

Warmly,

LisaGreene

Thank you for sharing your story and your heart with us. You show us that there is always hope even through the darkest night. That is so hard to believe when we are in the middle of what I call the dark pit.

When our children were diagnosed with CF, I was very depressed. I think there was post-partum depression at play as well. I can relate to the horrible experience of depression, grief, and isolation. I pray that I never go there again.

But, like you, the sun did come back out and life is good. Yes, there are still very hard times but having been through the "valley of the shadow of death" and coming back out gives me confidence that I will be able to handle the darkness if and when it comes again.

May you continue to heal and share your story to others in need of hope. I hope your Christms tree holds up for a few more years. And, Happy New Year!
Lisa

LisaGreene

Thank you for sharing your story and your heart with us. You show us that there is always hope even through the darkest night. That is so hard to believe when we are in the middle of what I call the dark pit.

When our children were diagnosed with CF, I was very depressed. I think there was post-partum depression at play as well. I can relate to the horrible experience of depression, grief, and isolation. I pray that I never go there again.

But, like you, the sun did come back out and life is good. Yes, there are still very hard times but having been through the "valley of the shadow of death" and coming back out gives me confidence that I will be able to handle the darkness if and when it comes again.

May you continue to heal and share your story to others in need of hope. I hope your Christms tree holds up for a few more years. And, Happy New Year!
Lisa

LisaGreene

Lisa

LisaGreene

Lisa

LisaGreene

Lisa