Inhaled Aztreonam turned down by FDA

Lex

Doctors are often times noble and care for the patients they are helping. And they get paid accordingly.

The drug companies, however, ONLY GET PAID IF WE NEED DRUGS.

Not only are all resources pointed toward drug trials, but a cure is out there. Of course it's out there.

I'm tired of stem cell research put on the back burner because if ALL RESOURCES went toward that......holy *****! There would be a cure for HUNDREDS of problems.....

.....and then guess what.....?

These drug companies would lose BILLIONS. Sorry....ain't gonna happen.

Here's a solution: I will sign a contract with all these big drug companies and pay them 50% of every dollar I ever make (after taxes) for the rest of my life......so long as I'm cured of CF.

Silly, huh?

Lex

Doctors are often times noble and care for the patients they are helping. And they get paid accordingly.

Not only are all resources pointed toward drug trials, but a cure is out there. Of course it's out there.

I'm tired of stem cell research put on the back burner because if ALL RESOURCES went toward that......holy *****! There would be a cure for HUNDREDS of problems.....

Here's a solution: I will sign a contract with all these big drug companies and pay them 50% of every dollar I ever make (after taxes) for the rest of my life......so long as I'm cured of CF.

Silly, huh?

Lex

Silly, huh?

Lex

Silly, huh?

Lex

<br />
<br />The drug companies, however, ONLY GET PAID IF WE NEED DRUGS.
<br />
<br />Not only are all resources pointed toward drug trials, but a cure is out there. Of course it's out there.
<br />
<br />I'm tired of stem cell research put on the back burner because if ALL RESOURCES went toward that......holy *****! There would be a cure for HUNDREDS of problems.....
<br />
<br />.....and then guess what.....?
<br />
<br />These drug companies would lose BILLIONS. Sorry....ain't gonna happen.
<br />
<br />Here's a solution: I will sign a contract with all these big drug companies and pay them 50% of every dollar I ever make (after taxes) for the rest of my life......so long as I'm cured of CF.
<br />
<br />Silly, huh?

Diane

I feel the same way about not ever finding a cure. There truely isnt any money in that. I have been saying for years that we shouldnt count on a cure , but we definitely should count on them finding
a means of maintaining our health, something like insulin to a diabetic. Everyone benefits if that in specific is found, drug companies make their money( we will need a constant supply for
the remainder of our lives), Dr.s make their money ( we will still need to be followed by a cf team)
And we can maintain our health and pretty much halt progression till old age ( or something else) gets us. With that option everyone wins .

I also agree with Sonia.... When they claim to find something that they say will really help us, they make a great deal out of it,
get us all hyped up, and then it's either a wait and see thing, or it just never comes about.
This deal is getting old with me. I no longer get hyped up over anything anymore to do with this, because for a while you hear all about one thing or the other, how its helped everyone who's taken it,
blah blah blah, and then its dropped or it's forever in limbo somewhere and never surfaces.

Glutathione is the one thing i decided to try on my own because it is readily available and i
didnt feel i have forever to wait till they finish the "official" trials. We could be waiting the rest of our lives for that day. I did my research on it and decided since it has been proven our bodies can be terribly depleted of GSH (Glutathione) i gave it a try ( took it orally) and it has been a good addition to what i already do for my cf.

Diane

I feel the same way about not ever finding a cure. There truely isnt any money in that. I have been saying for years that we shouldnt count on a cure , but we definitely should count on them finding
a means of maintaining our health, something like insulin to a diabetic. Everyone benefits if that in specific is found, drug companies make their money( we will need a constant supply for
the remainder of our lives), Dr.s make their money ( we will still need to be followed by a cf team)
And we can maintain our health and pretty much halt progression till old age ( or something else) gets us. With that option everyone wins .

I also agree with Sonia.... When they claim to find something that they say will really help us, they make a great deal out of it,
get us all hyped up, and then it's either a wait and see thing, or it just never comes about.
This deal is getting old with me. I no longer get hyped up over anything anymore to do with this, because for a while you hear all about one thing or the other, how its helped everyone who's taken it,
blah blah blah, and then its dropped or it's forever in limbo somewhere and never surfaces.

Glutathione is the one thing i decided to try on my own because it is readily available and i
didnt feel i have forever to wait till they finish the "official" trials. We could be waiting the rest of our lives for that day. I did my research on it and decided since it has been proven our bodies can be terribly depleted of GSH (Glutathione) i gave it a try ( took it orally) and it has been a good addition to what i already do for my cf.

Diane

Diane

Diane

<br />a means of maintaining our health, something like insulin to a diabetic. Everyone benefits if that in specific is found, drug companies make their money( we will need a constant supply for
<br /> the remainder of our lives), Dr.s make their money ( we will still need to be followed by a cf team)
<br />And we can maintain our health and pretty much halt progression till old age ( or something else) gets us. With that option everyone wins .
<br />
<br />I also agree with Sonia.... When they claim to find something that they say will really help us, they make a great deal out of it,
<br />get us all hyped up, and then it's either a wait and see thing, or it just never comes about.
<br /> This deal is getting old with me. I no longer get hyped up over anything anymore to do with this, because for a while you hear all about one thing or the other, how its helped everyone who's taken it,
<br /> blah blah blah, and then its dropped or it's forever in limbo somewhere and never surfaces.
<br />
<br />Glutathione is the one thing i decided to try on my own because it is readily available and i
<br />didnt feel i have forever to wait till they finish the "official" trials. We could be waiting the rest of our lives for that day. I did my research on it and decided since it has been proven our bodies can be terribly depleted of GSH (Glutathione) i gave it a try ( took it orally) and it has been a good addition to what i already do for my cf.
<br />
<br />

point

CF patients/CF specific drugs represent a small portion of any money ever made for a Pharma company - when compared to other diseases. Also, many pharma/healthcare companies when listing their earnings are diversified to include other drugs and other completely different divisions; vet health, spine, stents, nutritionals, etc.

Rheumatoid arthritis went for years w/ limited treatment options (simple anti-inflammatories) and w/in the last few years novel treatments were ID'ed, went through approvals, and are now available from a few pharma companies. They are expensive drugs and they do not provide a cure. Who wouldn't hope for a cure for CF, but truthfully, what diseases have ever been 'cured'? We have illness - caused by virus, parasites, etc that are nearly erradicated, but they are not genetically linked diseases.

I understand that it is frustrating for us (CF patients). Talk of a 'cure' in the later 80's stemmed from finding the CF genes on the affected chromesome. That occurred in 1989. That was only 19 years ago. The medical community was excited, as were healthcare providers and patients therefore many were optimistic. So please note prior to 1989, they didn't even know the what, why or where of the CF genes. The disease was not even recognized until 1938 - that is 70 years ago, not even the average life span of one person. Many of us are the 'first generation' to this disease.

point

CF patients/CF specific drugs represent a small portion of any money ever made for a Pharma company - when compared to other diseases. Also, many pharma/healthcare companies when listing their earnings are diversified to include other drugs and other completely different divisions; vet health, spine, stents, nutritionals, etc.

Rheumatoid arthritis went for years w/ limited treatment options (simple anti-inflammatories) and w/in the last few years novel treatments were ID'ed, went through approvals, and are now available from a few pharma companies. They are expensive drugs and they do not provide a cure. Who wouldn't hope for a cure for CF, but truthfully, what diseases have ever been 'cured'? We have illness - caused by virus, parasites, etc that are nearly erradicated, but they are not genetically linked diseases.

I understand that it is frustrating for us (CF patients). Talk of a 'cure' in the later 80's stemmed from finding the CF genes on the affected chromesome. That occurred in 1989. That was only 19 years ago. The medical community was excited, as were healthcare providers and patients therefore many were optimistic. So please note prior to 1989, they didn't even know the what, why or where of the CF genes. The disease was not even recognized until 1938 - that is 70 years ago, not even the average life span of one person. Many of us are the 'first generation' to this disease.

point

point

point

<br />
<br />Rheumatoid arthritis went for years w/ limited treatment options (simple anti-inflammatories) and w/in the last few years novel treatments were ID'ed, went through approvals, and are now available from a few pharma companies. They are expensive drugs and they do not provide a cure. Who wouldn't hope for a cure for CF, but truthfully, what diseases have ever been 'cured'? We have illness - caused by virus, parasites, etc that are nearly erradicated, but they are not genetically linked diseases.
<br />
<br />I understand that it is frustrating for us (CF patients). Talk of a 'cure' in the later 80's stemmed from finding the CF genes on the affected chromesome. That occurred in 1989. That was only 19 years ago. The medical community was excited, as were healthcare providers and patients therefore many were optimistic. So please note prior to 1989, they didn't even know the what, why or where of the CF genes. The disease was not even recognized until 1938 - that is 70 years ago, not even the average life span of one person. Many of us are the 'first generation' to this disease.