Inhaled Aztreonam turned down by FDA

point

I see the response is a joke, but my question was sincere. Polio is not a genetically linked disease. It is caused by a virus. Polio still exists. It is not cured. There were still 1225 cases in 2004 (outside of the US).

I've spent a lot of time wondering what CF will be like once I am into my 40's, 50's, etc. and whether there will be a 'cure' (or at least considered not life threatening). So, I was trying to think of any diseases myself which is why I wrote out the question. Was a disease truly cured that was caused not by a virus, bacteria, parasite? Diabetes is genetically linked and it manageable and no longer life threatening, but it is not cured.

point

I see the response is a joke, but my question was sincere. Polio is not a genetically linked disease. It is caused by a virus. Polio still exists. It is not cured. There were still 1225 cases in 2004 (outside of the US).

I've spent a lot of time wondering what CF will be like once I am into my 40's, 50's, etc. and whether there will be a 'cure' (or at least considered not life threatening). So, I was trying to think of any diseases myself which is why I wrote out the question. Was a disease truly cured that was caused not by a virus, bacteria, parasite? Diabetes is genetically linked and it manageable and no longer life threatening, but it is not cured.

point

point

point

<br />
<br />I've spent a lot of time wondering what CF will be like once I am into my 40's, 50's, etc. and whether there will be a 'cure' (or at least considered not life threatening). So, I was trying to think of any diseases myself which is why I wrote out the question. Was a disease truly cured that was caused not by a virus, bacteria, parasite? Diabetes is genetically linked and it manageable and no longer life threatening, but it is not cured.

Z

zeeannie

I found one article that reports that Gilead is not releasing the reason why the FDA denied approval. That would be my question. What do they want to discover/prove in an additional clinical trial that they haven't already in the rigorous phases these things go through.

Also, I agree that pharmaceutical companies benefit from sick people, but in this case, Gilead actually came up with something and, along with the CFF, wants it to be marketed. It's the FDA getting in the way.

Z

zeeannie

I found one article that reports that Gilead is not releasing the reason why the FDA denied approval. That would be my question. What do they want to discover/prove in an additional clinical trial that they haven't already in the rigorous phases these things go through.

Also, I agree that pharmaceutical companies benefit from sick people, but in this case, Gilead actually came up with something and, along with the CFF, wants it to be marketed. It's the FDA getting in the way.

Z

zeeannie

Z

zeeannie

Z

zeeannie

<br />
<br />Also, I agree that pharmaceutical companies benefit from sick people, but in this case, Gilead actually came up with something and, along with the CFF, wants it to be marketed. It's the FDA getting in the way.
<br />
<br />

Diane

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>ladybug</b></i>

No longer life threatening is good enough for me.</end quote></div>

CERTAINLY works for me also

Diane

No longer life threatening is good enough for me.</end quote></div>

CERTAINLY works for me also

Diane