Inogen One

lightNlife

Today the company who provided my oxygen concentrator dropped off what was SUPPOSED to be a portable oxygen concentrator for our trip to New York. I was absolutely horrified at what they brought! It was just as big as the concentrator in our bedroom. The only thing that made it portable was that it's on WHEELS! Oh, that and they provided a big stupid cardboard box for us to carry it in to check onto the plane. The thing was the size of my old HillRom vest. 40 lbs of disappointment.

I promptly opened my wallet, ran to the computer and looked up the Inogen One website and placed my order. It's well worth the out of pocket expense to have my own concentrator that is actually portable. The thing will run on wall power or battery; it's more energy efficient than the concentrator I have now (hooray for the environment) plus it can be used in the car, on a plane, in a boat, in the house, pretty much anywhere. Plus I got a free battery and a lifetime warranty.

Does anyone have experience with this particular item? Like I said, I already purchased the thing so I'm not going to switch to a different product. I'm looking for pros and cons mostly so I know what to expect.

lightNlife

Today the company who provided my oxygen concentrator dropped off what was SUPPOSED to be a portable oxygen concentrator for our trip to New York. I was absolutely horrified at what they brought! It was just as big as the concentrator in our bedroom. The only thing that made it portable was that it's on WHEELS! Oh, that and they provided a big stupid cardboard box for us to carry it in to check onto the plane. The thing was the size of my old HillRom vest. 40 lbs of disappointment.

I promptly opened my wallet, ran to the computer and looked up the Inogen One website and placed my order. It's well worth the out of pocket expense to have my own concentrator that is actually portable. The thing will run on wall power or battery; it's more energy efficient than the concentrator I have now (hooray for the environment) plus it can be used in the car, on a plane, in a boat, in the house, pretty much anywhere. Plus I got a free battery and a lifetime warranty.

Does anyone have experience with this particular item? Like I said, I already purchased the thing so I'm not going to switch to a different product. I'm looking for pros and cons mostly so I know what to expect.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

<br />
<br />I promptly opened my wallet, ran to the computer and looked up the Inogen One website and placed my order. It's well worth the out of pocket expense to have my own concentrator that is actually portable. The thing will run on wall power or battery; it's more energy efficient than the concentrator I have now (hooray for the environment) plus it can be used in the car, on a plane, in a boat, in the house, pretty much anywhere. Plus I got a free battery and a lifetime warranty.
<br />
<br />Does anyone have experience with this particular item? Like I said, I already purchased the thing so I'm not going to switch to a different product. I'm looking for pros and cons mostly so I know what to expect.

momtoCory

Lauren-
We just and went and picked up Cory portable oxygen concentrator. He received the ever go by respironics. We live that one because it comes with 2 batteries (on 2 liters it last 4 hours per battery. It is a little loud (almost as loud as the home one).
While we were there he did show us the inogen one. It was a little bigger than the evergo but he did state that it is a very good machine. The one downside is that the battery only last 2 hours. So if you plan on using it when it is not being plugged in, make sure you purchase plenty of extra batteries. I am not sure what liter you are on but most of the portables use 2 liters as their reference. All the portables come with a "pulse" sensor, delivering it when you breathe. If you are a mouth breather, the Sequel eclispe is the only one that I know of that has a continuous feature up to 3 liters.
Planning our trip to California, I have spent many hours researching portable compressors.
There is also is one by invacare. Seems to be the only one that comes with a carrying strap and not a wheeled cart. BUT...That one isn't listed as an approved compressor for the airlines (might be too new)

momtoCory

Lauren-
We just and went and picked up Cory portable oxygen concentrator. He received the ever go by respironics. We live that one because it comes with 2 batteries (on 2 liters it last 4 hours per battery. It is a little loud (almost as loud as the home one).
While we were there he did show us the inogen one. It was a little bigger than the evergo but he did state that it is a very good machine. The one downside is that the battery only last 2 hours. So if you plan on using it when it is not being plugged in, make sure you purchase plenty of extra batteries. I am not sure what liter you are on but most of the portables use 2 liters as their reference. All the portables come with a "pulse" sensor, delivering it when you breathe. If you are a mouth breather, the Sequel eclispe is the only one that I know of that has a continuous feature up to 3 liters.
Planning our trip to California, I have spent many hours researching portable compressors.
There is also is one by invacare. Seems to be the only one that comes with a carrying strap and not a wheeled cart. BUT...That one isn't listed as an approved compressor for the airlines (might be too new)

momtoCory

Lauren-

momtoCory

Lauren-

momtoCory

Lauren-
<br />We just and went and picked up Cory portable oxygen concentrator. He received the ever go by respironics. We live that one because it comes with 2 batteries (on 2 liters it last 4 hours per battery. It is a little loud (almost as loud as the home one).
<br />While we were there he did show us the inogen one. It was a little bigger than the evergo but he did state that it is a very good machine. The one downside is that the battery only last 2 hours. So if you plan on using it when it is not being plugged in, make sure you purchase plenty of extra batteries. I am not sure what liter you are on but most of the portables use 2 liters as their reference. All the portables come with a "pulse" sensor, delivering it when you breathe. If you are a mouth breather, the Sequel eclispe is the only one that I know of that has a continuous feature up to 3 liters.
<br />Planning our trip to California, I have spent many hours researching portable compressors.
<br />There is also is one by invacare. Seems to be the only one that comes with a carrying strap and not a wheeled cart. BUT...That one isn't listed as an approved compressor for the airlines (might be too new)

lightNlife

Thanks for the info! I got the Inogen today and am SO happy with its size. It does come with a carrying strap in addition to the little wheeled cart. My other meds will fit nicely in the pouch's pockets. Fortunately, I don't need to be on oxygen while in flight, but I do have extra batteries for the unit just in case. (Actually, they threw one in at no cost).

I was really pleased with the customer service too.

lightNlife

Thanks for the info! I got the Inogen today and am SO happy with its size. It does come with a carrying strap in addition to the little wheeled cart. My other meds will fit nicely in the pouch's pockets. Fortunately, I don't need to be on oxygen while in flight, but I do have extra batteries for the unit just in case. (Actually, they threw one in at no cost).

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

<br />
<br />I was really pleased with the customer service too.