insufficient amount of sweat collected :(

sheilaherbst

Got our results today...insufficient amount of sweat collected...has this happended to anyone else? My poor daughter was bundled up like a blizzard (undershirt, shirt, sweatshirt, sweatpants, winter coat, hat, gloves, and a big blanket) speed walking through the hospital, going up and down stairs for a 1/2 hour! Her head was sweaty...why do they collect on the forearm anyway???
Sheila

sheilaherbst

Got our results today...insufficient amount of sweat collected...has this happended to anyone else? My poor daughter was bundled up like a blizzard (undershirt, shirt, sweatshirt, sweatpants, winter coat, hat, gloves, and a big blanket) speed walking through the hospital, going up and down stairs for a 1/2 hour! Her head was sweaty...why do they collect on the forearm anyway???
Sheila

sheilaherbst

Sheila

sheilaherbst

Sheila

sheilaherbst

<br />Sheila

M

Mommafirst

ugh! Sorry! We had many insufficient sweats, but my dd was an infant at the time. Beg the docs to run a blood test to look at genetics!!!!

M

Mommafirst

ugh! Sorry! We had many insufficient sweats, but my dd was an infant at the time. Beg the docs to run a blood test to look at genetics!!!!

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

Mom2Max

We had that problem as well, but Max was only 2 weeks old at the time. How awful that you had to agonize for so many days before you found that out ... we were told within about 30 minutes of the test that enough sweat had not been collected. Something else that I heard (after-the-fact) is that you shouldn't put any lotion on your child for, I believe, 24 hours before the test. I was fortunate that my clinic gave me the option to do the blood test that same day, which of course I did.

Mom2Max

We had that problem as well, but Max was only 2 weeks old at the time. How awful that you had to agonize for so many days before you found that out ... we were told within about 30 minutes of the test that enough sweat had not been collected. Something else that I heard (after-the-fact) is that you shouldn't put any lotion on your child for, I believe, 24 hours before the test. I was fortunate that my clinic gave me the option to do the blood test that same day, which of course I did.

Mom2Max

Mom2Max

Mom2Max