IS IT CF?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I would also ask if they could test your daughter as well. There are several people on this site, my son included, who had normal sweat tests.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I would also ask if they could test your daughter as well. There are several people on this site, my son included, who had normal sweat tests.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

kaylasdad

Yes there are mild cases of cf. And you are right some people are dx later in life. You can have twins both with cf with the same genes with very diffrent outcomes.
I would have them check for all 1500 mutations
and like Liza said i would have them test your daughter.
I hope you get answers soon. You came to the right place there are alot of wonderful people here to answer any question you might have.

kaylasdad

Yes there are mild cases of cf. And you are right some people are dx later in life. You can have twins both with cf with the same genes with very diffrent outcomes.
I hope you get answers soon. You came to the right place there are alot of wonderful people here to answer any question you might have.

kaylasdad

kaylasdad

kaylasdad

<br />I would have them check for all 1500 mutations
<br />and like Liza said i would have them test your daughter.
<br />I hope you get answers soon. You came to the right place there are alot of wonderful people here to answer any question you might have.

H

Happy1

Thanks so much for all the useful information.It is great to have a place to come and have people answer your questions. Doctors just look at you like your crazy. I will update as soon as I know something. We are hopeful that it is not CF but will be glad to get a clear diagnosis so we can all be doing the right thing and live the most productive lives possible.

H

Happy1

Thanks so much for all the useful information.It is great to have a place to come and have people answer your questions. Doctors just look at you like your crazy. I will update as soon as I know something. We are hopeful that it is not CF but will be glad to get a clear diagnosis so we can all be doing the right thing and live the most productive lives possible.

H

Happy1

H

Happy1

H

Happy1

Alyssa

I just want to say ditto on a few things - full genetic sequencing is the very best option...yes there are over 1500 genes and as Stacy said testing you for only 25 is inadequate. Sweat tests can definately be misleading, many people with normal sweat test numbers have genetically confirmed cases. Yes, again there are mild cases and people being diagnosed in their adult years -- the term "mild" catches a lot of flack for other reasons, but for the purpose of what you are asking/trying to determine, the answer is yes - it is entirely possible one or both of your kids have a "mild" case of CF.

One of the key points you want to make in your argument for pushing full genetic testing is that they are both displaying CF symptoms. You will probably have to settle for sweat tests first and possibly only genetic screenings of 97 genes or less....just keep asking for complete genetic sequencing... change doctors if you have to...getting in touch with a Certified CF clinic is best too. To find the closest clinic to you go to cff.org

Best wishes, and please keep us posted on what you find out.

Alyssa

I just want to say ditto on a few things - full genetic sequencing is the very best option...yes there are over 1500 genes and as Stacy said testing you for only 25 is inadequate. Sweat tests can definately be misleading, many people with normal sweat test numbers have genetically confirmed cases. Yes, again there are mild cases and people being diagnosed in their adult years -- the term "mild" catches a lot of flack for other reasons, but for the purpose of what you are asking/trying to determine, the answer is yes - it is entirely possible one or both of your kids have a "mild" case of CF.

One of the key points you want to make in your argument for pushing full genetic testing is that they are both displaying CF symptoms. You will probably have to settle for sweat tests first and possibly only genetic screenings of 97 genes or less....just keep asking for complete genetic sequencing... change doctors if you have to...getting in touch with a Certified CF clinic is best too. To find the closest clinic to you go to cff.org

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

<br />
<br />One of the key points you want to make in your argument for pushing full genetic testing is that they are both displaying CF symptoms. You will probably have to settle for sweat tests first and possibly only genetic screenings of 97 genes or less....just keep asking for complete genetic sequencing... change doctors if you have to...getting in touch with a Certified CF clinic is best too. To find the closest clinic to you go to cff.org
<br />
<br />Best wishes, and please keep us posted on what you find out.