Is it just me...or

C

Cherylwithone

I was wondering if everybody else has notice that this past year alot of people have died in the CF community. Is there
something so different from this year then the rest. Some of the people just went in for clean outs and just seemed to not make it. Are we missing something here????

The reason I ask is we keep seeing in print that people with
CF are living longer and their is all this research going on
yet, there is still so much death.

C

Cherylwithone

I was wondering if everybody else has notice that this past year alot of people have died in the CF community. Is there
something so different from this year then the rest. Some of the people just went in for clean outs and just seemed to not make it. Are we missing something here????

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

<br />something so different from this year then the rest. Some of the people just went in for clean outs and just seemed to not make it. Are we missing something here????
<br />
<br />The reason I ask is we keep seeing in print that people with
<br />CF are living longer and their is all this research going on
<br />yet, there is still so much death.

M

Mommafirst

I don't think its just you, but I've only been doing this CF life for 4 years, so I don't have a ton of perspective.

I do wonder why people are "living longer with CF" and there is now a newborn screen identifying patients earlier and yet the numbers reported of how many CFers in the world or in the country don't seem to change.

The deaths are emotionally reeling, especially when they aren't just statistics, but real people you have come to know for their wisdom, spirit, heart, and humor. Every time someone else passes, my husband questions what I'm doing to myself coming here only to be heartbroken with the losses -- but how can we not, I get way more than I lose.

M

Mommafirst

I don't think its just you, but I've only been doing this CF life for 4 years, so I don't have a ton of perspective.

I do wonder why people are "living longer with CF" and there is now a newborn screen identifying patients earlier and yet the numbers reported of how many CFers in the world or in the country don't seem to change.

The deaths are emotionally reeling, especially when they aren't just statistics, but real people you have come to know for their wisdom, spirit, heart, and humor. Every time someone else passes, my husband questions what I'm doing to myself coming here only to be heartbroken with the losses -- but how can we not, I get way more than I lose.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />I do wonder why people are "living longer with CF" and there is now a newborn screen identifying patients earlier and yet the numbers reported of how many CFers in the world or in the country don't seem to change.
<br />
<br />The deaths are emotionally reeling, especially when they aren't just statistics, but real people you have come to know for their wisdom, spirit, heart, and humor. Every time someone else passes, my husband questions what I'm doing to myself coming here only to be heartbroken with the losses -- but how can we not, I get way more than I lose.

jbrandonAW

Most CFers I know had a hard year last year -me included. The weather had been so unstable that I think its turned our health for a loop. I am def hoping for a better year this year!

jbrandonAW

Most CFers I know had a hard year last year -me included. The weather had been so unstable that I think its turned our health for a loop. I am def hoping for a better year this year!

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

Brad

I think you are correct Jessica.
The weather has kicked my butt too as well as my younger sister
who normally has little with lungs.

Heather , those Numbers reporting How many Cfer's in the world
have not changed in at least 35 years.
Logic tells me that if People are living longer the Number of People
with Cf should be much higher and I do Believe it is.

Treatments that we have today were only a dream 30 years ago.
So that number Must be higher today.

Brad

Brad

Brad

Brad

<br />The weather has kicked my butt too as well as my younger sister
<br />who normally has little with lungs.
<br />
<br /> Heather , those Numbers reporting How many Cfer's in the world
<br /> have not changed in at least 35 years.
<br /> Logic tells me that if People are living longer the Number of People
<br /> with Cf should be much higher and I do Believe it is.
<br />
<br /> Treatments that we have today were only a dream 30 years ago.
<br /> So that number Must be higher today.