Is it just me...or

JenDiS

I believe the H1N1 had alot to do with it. It was definately a tough year last year for CF'ers but hopefully this year will be better now that we know what to watch out for and how to handle the virus's and flu's that are out there now and treat them when symptoms first start.

JenDiS

I believe the H1N1 had alot to do with it. It was definately a tough year last year for CF'ers but hopefully this year will be better now that we know what to watch out for and how to handle the virus's and flu's that are out there now and treat them when symptoms first start.

JenDiS

JenDiS

JenDiS

J

jennylivingston

They also stopped testing for H1N1 in our area due to the high numbers. They just assumed that everyone with flu-like symptoms had it. I was hit REALLY hard in November--down to 27%. (I've spent most of my life in the mid-to-high 90's) I've dealt with CF for 22 years, but am new to the online CF community, so I guess I didn't realize this wasn't the norm.

J

jennylivingston

They also stopped testing for H1N1 in our area due to the high numbers. They just assumed that everyone with flu-like symptoms had it. I was hit REALLY hard in November--down to 27%. (I've spent most of my life in the mid-to-high 90's) I've dealt with CF for 22 years, but am new to the online CF community, so I guess I didn't realize this wasn't the norm.

J

jennylivingston

J

jennylivingston

J

jennylivingston

MikeG83

Its the birth factor. In the late 70s and early 80s most people didn't know about CF a lot of births happen in those years and the good thing is it was an era that was very productive in the fact people were living longer born of that age group. So it seems as so theirs more but I'm willing to bet the percent is still the same only much higher birth rate.

MikeG83

Its the birth factor. In the late 70s and early 80s most people didn't know about CF a lot of births happen in those years and the good thing is it was an era that was very productive in the fact people were living longer born of that age group. So it seems as so theirs more but I'm willing to bet the percent is still the same only much higher birth rate.

MikeG83

MikeG83

MikeG83

S

sdelorenzo

Interesting what everyone has been saying. My son and daughter had N1H1 in Sept/Oct. and seemed to get over it VERY easily. But my son pft's have normally been 120% have now been 70-80% since October and nothing helps bring it up dispite IV's, etc. He hasn't been culturing bacteria either. Maybe N1H1 is the culprit?? (But my daughter's pft's are still good at 110%.)
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 8 and Jack, 6 both with cf, Grant, 15 months no cf

S

sdelorenzo

Interesting what everyone has been saying. My son and daughter had N1H1 in Sept/Oct. and seemed to get over it VERY easily. But my son pft's have normally been 120% have now been 70-80% since October and nothing helps bring it up dispite IV's, etc. He hasn't been culturing bacteria either. Maybe N1H1 is the culprit?? (But my daughter's pft's are still good at 110%.)

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 8 and Jack, 6 both with cf, Grant, 15 months no cf