Is medicine causing manic & depression episodes?

A

Aspiemom

I know that some of you have reported feeling very manic when on Prednisone. I remember being like that when I first started it about 20 years ago, but don't remember it over the years.

Right now I'm tapering and just went to 10mg. (I have a hard time tolerating Pred. because of joints, itching & abdominal bloating so they did 30/4days, 20/4days, 10/4days.)

I have been feeling such <u>extreme depression </u>and very <u>manic</u> over the last couple of days and wondered if it could be the Prednisone. Or from the taper being too fast, or the new Abx- Azactam. I'm doing Tobramycin & Azactam. I looked up the Az. online and didn't see a side effect to this nature.

Any ideas? I am so exhausted and worn down physically and that might aid what's going on. Also, my husband is on the verge of changing jobs AGAIN and I am terribly upset about that.

A

Aspiemom

I know that some of you have reported feeling very manic when on Prednisone. I remember being like that when I first started it about 20 years ago, but don't remember it over the years.

Right now I'm tapering and just went to 10mg. (I have a hard time tolerating Pred. because of joints, itching & abdominal bloating so they did 30/4days, 20/4days, 10/4days.)

I have been feeling such <u>extreme depression </u>and very <u>manic</u> over the last couple of days and wondered if it could be the Prednisone. Or from the taper being too fast, or the new Abx- Azactam. I'm doing Tobramycin & Azactam. I looked up the Az. online and didn't see a side effect to this nature.

Any ideas? I am so exhausted and worn down physically and that might aid what's going on. Also, my husband is on the verge of changing jobs AGAIN and I am terribly upset about that.

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

<br />
<br />Right now I'm tapering and just went to 10mg. (I have a hard time tolerating Pred. because of joints, itching & abdominal bloating so they did 30/4days, 20/4days, 10/4days.)
<br />
<br />I have been feeling such <u>extreme depression </u>and very <u>manic</u> over the last couple of days and wondered if it could be the Prednisone. Or from the taper being too fast, or the new Abx- Azactam. I'm doing Tobramycin & Azactam. I looked up the Az. online and didn't see a side effect to this nature.
<br />
<br />Any ideas? I am so exhausted and worn down physically and that might aid what's going on. Also, my husband is on the verge of changing jobs AGAIN and I am terribly upset about that.
<br />

JazzysMom

I have never used Azactam so I cant comment on that. I never had such issues with Tobra, but boy did I with the Pred.

I would presume (not assume) its the Pred....

HUGS to you to help you through this!

JazzysMom

I have never used Azactam so I cant comment on that. I never had such issues with Tobra, but boy did I with the Pred.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I would presume (not assume) its the Pred....
<br />
<br />HUGS to you to help you through this!

Landy

Yep, the Prednisone does that to me (makes me feel blue). I hated that feeling! Maybe you'll notice that lifting when you're done with the Prednisone.

I sure hope all of the meds help you feel <b>much</b> better!

Hugs

Landy

Yep, the Prednisone does that to me (makes me feel blue). I hated that feeling! Maybe you'll notice that lifting when you're done with the Prednisone.

Hugs

Landy

Hugs

Landy

Hugs

Landy

<br />
<br />I sure hope all of the meds help you feel <b>much</b> better!
<br />
<br />Hugs