Is medicine causing manic & depression episodes?

lauren04rdh

On the topic of steroids, do most CF doctors recommend them as needed? One of my doctors puts me on them when I do antibiotic tune ups. But my CF clinic STRONGLY believes I should not be on them due to the development of osteoporosis. What is best with respect to CF????

lauren04rdh

On the topic of steroids, do most CF doctors recommend them as needed? One of my doctors puts me on them when I do antibiotic tune ups. But my CF clinic STRONGLY believes I should not be on them due to the development of osteoporosis. What is best with respect to CF????

lauren04rdh

lauren04rdh

lauren04rdh

lightNlife

Definitely it is the prednisone. You might want to talk to your doctor about being on a type of mood stabilizer like Seroquel or risperdal. Those helped me reign in all my 'roid rage.

The job situation with your husband is also a likely source of your problems. I'm so sorry that you have that added stress in your life right now. I'll be praying that things level off soon so that you can have some peace and stability in your life.

lightNlife

Definitely it is the prednisone. You might want to talk to your doctor about being on a type of mood stabilizer like Seroquel or risperdal. Those helped me reign in all my 'roid rage.

The job situation with your husband is also a likely source of your problems. I'm so sorry that you have that added stress in your life right now. I'll be praying that things level off soon so that you can have some peace and stability in your life.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

<br />
<br />The job situation with your husband is also a likely source of your problems. I'm so sorry that you have that added stress in your life right now. I'll be praying that things level off soon so that you can have some peace and stability in your life.

Skye

WOW....some scary stuff with Prednisone. I know I had a break down last spring that just came from no where. I was driving home from a function and just lost it....came home and sat on the couch and just could not stop crying. I am someone who usually crys a few times a year and it is minimal....not WEEPING like I was. My DH knew enough to just let me be. I was on Levaquin and Prednisone at the time.

Lauren.....it is sometimes a tough call on the Prednisone burst. A lot of centers do not like to do it at all. Not only because of the bone issues; but, it also weakens your immune system. So you are fighting something and then you add something in the mix that makes it harder to fight. That being said.....I am not sure doctors understand how much of a relief it provides sometimes and sometimes getting that inflammation down really helps to clear things out and get better. I think it sometimes is added to the mix if you are doing a course of abx and there is not much improvement.....they may add a steroid burst.

Skye

WOW....some scary stuff with Prednisone. I know I had a break down last spring that just came from no where. I was driving home from a function and just lost it....came home and sat on the couch and just could not stop crying. I am someone who usually crys a few times a year and it is minimal....not WEEPING like I was. My DH knew enough to just let me be. I was on Levaquin and Prednisone at the time.

Lauren.....it is sometimes a tough call on the Prednisone burst. A lot of centers do not like to do it at all. Not only because of the bone issues; but, it also weakens your immune system. So you are fighting something and then you add something in the mix that makes it harder to fight. That being said.....I am not sure doctors understand how much of a relief it provides sometimes and sometimes getting that inflammation down really helps to clear things out and get better. I think it sometimes is added to the mix if you are doing a course of abx and there is not much improvement.....they may add a steroid burst.

Skye

Skye

Skye

<br />
<br />Lauren.....it is sometimes a tough call on the Prednisone burst. A lot of centers do not like to do it at all. Not only because of the bone issues; but, it also weakens your immune system. So you are fighting something and then you add something in the mix that makes it harder to fight. That being said.....I am not sure doctors understand how much of a relief it provides sometimes and sometimes getting that inflammation down really helps to clear things out and get better. I think it sometimes is added to the mix if you are doing a course of abx and there is not much improvement.....they may add a steroid burst.