Is there a high risk of death for her if she has pneumonia.

Duhfactor

My girlfriend could have pneumonia, her doctors say she is very healthy for someone with CF (not underweight, too skinny, too short, not actual problems) and I was told by her she may have pneumonia (I've never had it and I asked my friend) and I was told it is almost completely fatal, and I really hope that's not true, because I see a lot of people here who have survived it. She's 15 and does anyone think she has a chance? Any and all advice is helpful!

Duhfactor

My girlfriend could have pneumonia, her doctors say she is very healthy for someone with CF (not underweight, too skinny, too short, not actual problems) and I was told by her she may have pneumonia (I've never had it and I asked my friend) and I was told it is almost completely fatal, and I really hope that's not true, because I see a lot of people here who have survived it. She's 15 and does anyone think she has a chance? Any and all advice is helpful!

Duhfactor

Duhfactor

Duhfactor

JazzysMom

Its not automatically fatal, but it is serious. She would need antibiotics (probably iv ones instead of oral) to clear it up. If its left untreated it will get worse & can cause permanent lung damage!!!

JazzysMom

Its not automatically fatal, but it is serious. She would need antibiotics (probably iv ones instead of oral) to clear it up. If its left untreated it will get worse & can cause permanent lung damage!!!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

jaimers

Super Moderator
I've had pneumonia a couple times and it's definitely serious as mel said, but obviously i recovered since i'm typing this. i would say she probably needs some IV antibiotics for a few weeks, lots of airway clearance and lots of rest--with those things i bet she'll be fine

jaimers

Super Moderator
I've had pneumonia a couple times and it's definitely serious as mel said, but obviously i recovered since i'm typing this. i would say she probably needs some IV antibiotics for a few weeks, lots of airway clearance and lots of rest--with those things i bet she'll be fine

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator

busyscmom

My 16 year old daughter has had pneumonia several times. Each time she got IV antibiotics and recovered. It is several, as all respiratory infections are in CF, but with aggressive treatment, she should be fine. Hope she's feeling better!

busyscmom

My 16 year old daughter has had pneumonia several times. Each time she got IV antibiotics and recovered. It is several, as all respiratory infections are in CF, but with aggressive treatment, she should be fine. Hope she's feeling better!

busyscmom

busyscmom

busyscmom