its been a while

rubiesmom

Hello everyone, it has been a while since my last post. My daughter Rubie was dx feb07, it has been a very difficult year for my family. Right now we are living in the chicago area and Rubie is always sick. As soon as she gets rid of one cold she gets another one. This summer we are moving to Tampa, Florida. My question to you all is if a warmer climate is better for CFers? I notice that in the summer time she does much better. I hope you all are doing well. Thanks
Liz

rubiesmom

Hello everyone, it has been a while since my last post. My daughter Rubie was dx feb07, it has been a very difficult year for my family. Right now we are living in the chicago area and Rubie is always sick. As soon as she gets rid of one cold she gets another one. This summer we are moving to Tampa, Florida. My question to you all is if a warmer climate is better for CFers? I notice that in the summer time she does much better. I hope you all are doing well. Thanks
Liz

rubiesmom

Liz

rubiesmom

Liz

rubiesmom

<br />Liz

coltsfan715

I think it is very individual as to what kind of weather bothers you and what doesn't. There are some that I know that can't handle the heat very well - and they even live in Florida. It just makes for a horrid summer for them.

As for me I personally do/did better in warmer weather. I was born in Maryland and my parents lived in Virginia at the time. We were there for 2 winters - one was before my diagnosis and the other after. The first winter is when I started having major issues and the second one my parents realized that the weather was compounding the problems I was having so we moved to Florida as well. I did relatively well until a few years ago when I just had some issues, but for me I feel the weather was better for me here in Florida than other places - even if I was just visiting.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

I think it is very individual as to what kind of weather bothers you and what doesn't. There are some that I know that can't handle the heat very well - and they even live in Florida. It just makes for a horrid summer for them.

As for me I personally do/did better in warmer weather. I was born in Maryland and my parents lived in Virginia at the time. We were there for 2 winters - one was before my diagnosis and the other after. The first winter is when I started having major issues and the second one my parents realized that the weather was compounding the problems I was having so we moved to Florida as well. I did relatively well until a few years ago when I just had some issues, but for me I feel the weather was better for me here in Florida than other places - even if I was just visiting.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />As for me I personally do/did better in warmer weather. I was born in Maryland and my parents lived in Virginia at the time. We were there for 2 winters - one was before my diagnosis and the other after. The first winter is when I started having major issues and the second one my parents realized that the weather was compounding the problems I was having so we moved to Florida as well. I did relatively well until a few years ago when I just had some issues, but for me I feel the weather was better for me here in Florida than other places - even if I was just visiting.
<br />
<br />Lindsey

zoe4life

Liz,

Florida is a great place to live, I have talked to several cf'ers and they all seem to do well here. Just have to take precautions in the heat because they dehydrate very quickly. Tampa has a great cf center though! I have heard really good stats for that clinic. We live in Jacksonville and love it here!

Good luck to you!

zoe4life

Liz,

Florida is a great place to live, I have talked to several cf'ers and they all seem to do well here. Just have to take precautions in the heat because they dehydrate very quickly. Tampa has a great cf center though! I have heard really good stats for that clinic. We live in Jacksonville and love it here!

Good luck to you!

zoe4life

Liz,

Good luck to you!

zoe4life

Liz,

Good luck to you!

zoe4life

<br />Liz,
<br />
<br />Florida is a great place to live, I have talked to several cf'ers and they all seem to do well here. Just have to take precautions in the heat because they dehydrate very quickly. Tampa has a great cf center though! I have heard really good stats for that clinic. We live in Jacksonville and love it here!
<br />
<br />Good luck to you!
<br />

M

MeasureInLove

I moved to FL from MN about four years ago. I had to adjust some of my treatments, as the summer humidity can be tough. But during those months I get my exercise indoors at the gym. I also wear sunblock everyday no matter the season (I don't sit out in the sun, people often tease that I'm the only person in FL without a tan), and drink lots of water. While I still get sick as I did when I was up North, I am certainly enjoying many days of sunshine - this certainly helps to keep spirits up. And you can't beat being able to drive 30 minutes to the beach!

M

MeasureInLove

I moved to FL from MN about four years ago. I had to adjust some of my treatments, as the summer humidity can be tough. But during those months I get my exercise indoors at the gym. I also wear sunblock everyday no matter the season (I don't sit out in the sun, people often tease that I'm the only person in FL without a tan), and drink lots of water. While I still get sick as I did when I was up North, I am certainly enjoying many days of sunshine - this certainly helps to keep spirits up. And you can't beat being able to drive 30 minutes to the beach!

M

MeasureInLove

M

MeasureInLove

M

MeasureInLove