IUI

blondelawyer

The post about IUI got me thinking...is IUI a possibility when the dad is the one with CF?

We are still very much on the fence about deciding what do about about children. I have this incredible urge to be pregnant and go that route. My husband is much more of the mindset that there are so many children that need homes, so we should adopt. So...I am still researching the different options so that we can make a decision on what the best course of action will be.

Thanks!

blondelawyer

The post about IUI got me thinking...is IUI a possibility when the dad is the one with CF?

We are still very much on the fence about deciding what do about about children. I have this incredible urge to be pregnant and go that route. My husband is much more of the mindset that there are so many children that need homes, so we should adopt. So...I am still researching the different options so that we can make a decision on what the best course of action will be.

Thanks!

blondelawyer

Thanks!

blondelawyer

Thanks!

blondelawyer

Thanks!

Hannah

Men with CF have to get the sperm through the testicals because they have an absence of the vas deferance. It is in the Vas deferance that the sperm matures. Because the sperm arnt mature they cant break through the egg by themselves so the next step is they have to take a needles and fertalize the egg. Hopefully I explained that... although I'm sure I spelled a whole lot wrong. Anyways I'm not sure if I explained that real well, but when Julie gets on I'm sure she'll be able to explain a whole lot better. Hope I helped.

Hannah

Men with CF have to get the sperm through the testicals because they have an absence of the vas deferance. It is in the Vas deferance that the sperm matures. Because the sperm arnt mature they cant break through the egg by themselves so the next step is they have to take a needles and fertalize the egg. Hopefully I explained that... although I'm sure I spelled a whole lot wrong. Anyways I'm not sure if I explained that real well, but when Julie gets on I'm sure she'll be able to explain a whole lot better. Hope I helped.

Hannah

Hannah

Hannah

julie

In a man with CF, the sperm are retained within the testicles but the vas deferens is missing. Because the sperm only move around the testicles, they are not considered motile. Because of this lack of movement, they are "lazy" and are not strong enough to penetrate an egg on their own, if they were to even able to swim up to the egg through the cervix (which would be nearly impossible for them to do).

That is why with CF males, IVF WITH ICSI is the only successful way. Hope that helps...

julie

In a man with CF, the sperm are retained within the testicles but the vas deferens is missing. Because the sperm only move around the testicles, they are not considered motile. Because of this lack of movement, they are "lazy" and are not strong enough to penetrate an egg on their own, if they were to even able to swim up to the egg through the cervix (which would be nearly impossible for them to do).

That is why with CF males, IVF WITH ICSI is the only successful way. Hope that helps...

julie

julie

julie