IV Bottle

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Giggles</b></i>

Not sure about the ones you are talking about but I have had little spheres/balls and it runs on some sort of gravity. You just release the clamp and it runs into your iv. Kinda like a self pump. But there are ones that do run on a pump that is connected to a little fanny pack that you carry around. Hope that helps</end quote>

<br>The I.V. balls are basically the same thing. I've used the ones in bottles. For some reason, mine started coming inside of the bottles instead of just the ball itself. Like Jen said, it's a self pump. All you have to do is release the clamp and it automatically administers the medication...

peter

Eclipse Infusion ball

<a target="" title="Eclipse Infusion" href="http://www.iflo.com/prod_homepump.php"> http://www.iflo.com/prod_homepump.php</a>  This is the link. According to their map Africa isn't in the loop. <br>

peter

Eclipse Infusion ball

<a target="" title="Eclipse Infusion" href="http://www.iflo.com/prod_homepump.php"> http://www.iflo.com/prod_homepump.php</a> This is the link. According to their map Africa isn't in the loop. <br>

peter

Eclipse Infusion ball

<a target="" title="Eclipse Infusion" href="http://www.iflo.com/prod_homepump.php"> http://www.iflo.com/prod_homepump.php</a> This is the link. According to their map Africa isn't in the loop. <br>

TestifyToLove

I've had the best luck with using leg warmers to hold the balls or bottles. I've only once at the pharmacy want ot do anything BUT the balls/bottles. I won't use an actual pump for home IV meds. It's too difficult on M to have to drag around a pump like that. I just ask when home health is being set up and make sure the Pharmacist knows we want the balls or bottles. We're not picky, we just want him off medical devices and able to move around. I take a baby leg, a brand of leg warmers, and tuck the device into the warmer that hugs his arm and we're good to go.

TestifyToLove

I've had the best luck with using leg warmers to hold the balls or bottles. I've only once at the pharmacy want ot do anything BUT the balls/bottles. I won't use an actual pump for home IV meds. It's too difficult on M to have to drag around a pump like that. I just ask when home health is being set up and make sure the Pharmacist knows we want the balls or bottles. We're not picky, we just want him off medical devices and able to move around. I take a baby leg, a brand of leg warmers, and tuck the device into the warmer that hugs his arm and we're good to go.

TestifyToLove

CrisDopher

Jerry and I use the same home healthcare agency, Trinity, a Walgreens company. (I sound like a commercial don't I? Just wait...) They tend to supply everything they can in the home pump bottles because they are self-administering, self-regulating, don't rely on gravity or electricity, etc. They can make enough IV meds in advance for a week.

The balls used to be naked, but now they're in the bottles I think mostly for protection from puncture. The bottles are unbelievably tough. I do my IVs wherever I happen to be - I do not let IVs slow me down much - the CF has already taken care of that! I do them on the subway, at home, at work, in restaurant, etc. I just keep mine in my back pocket until it's time to flush and lock.

CrisDopher

Jerry and I use the same home healthcare agency, Trinity, a Walgreens company. (I sound like a commercial don't I? Just wait...) They tend to supply everything they can in the home pump bottles because they are self-administering, self-regulating, don't rely on gravity or electricity, etc. They can make enough IV meds in advance for a week.

The balls used to be naked, but now they're in the bottles I think mostly for protection from puncture. The bottles are unbelievably tough. I do my IVs wherever I happen to be - I do not let IVs slow me down much - the CF has already taken care of that! I do them on the subway, at home, at work, in restaurant, etc. I just keep mine in my back pocket until it's time to flush and lock.

CrisDopher

<br />
<br />The balls used to be naked, but now they're in the bottles I think mostly for protection from puncture. The bottles are unbelievably tough. I do my IVs wherever I happen to be - I do not let IVs slow me down much - the CF has already taken care of that! I do them on the subway, at home, at work, in restaurant, etc. I just keep mine in my back pocket until it's time to flush and lock.

CrisDopher

CrisDopher

CrisDopher

<br />
<br />The balls used to be naked, but now they're in the bottles I think mostly for protection from puncture. The bottles are unbelievably tough. I do my IVs wherever I happen to be - I do not let IVs slow me down much - the CF has already taken care of that! I do them on the subway, at home, at work, in restaurant, etc. I just keep mine in my back pocket until it's time to flush and lock.

D

Deb

The balls are great. Unfortunately not all meds can be put into this system. Also, I have found that insurance will not always pay for the balls because they are more costly. Whenever possible though, they are the way to go.

D

Deb

The balls are great. Unfortunately not all meds can be put into this system. Also, I have found that insurance will not always pay for the balls because they are more costly. Whenever possible though, they are the way to go.

D

Deb

jenhum

LOVE the eclipse balls. I only use home health companies who will give me at least one of my meds in them. I've been on IV's for a month, 3 weeks at home and for the first time I had both of my meds in the balls and it was great. I always do my Tobra in them, and this new pharmacy that I'm using put my Merrem in them too, even though they had to send those out every 2 days b/c they aren't as stable as some other meds in the balls. They just make it SO much easier to live your life while on IV's.