IV Port on Arm vs. Chest?

sorry for the late reply i just checked this tonight. ill email the photos asap along with a message. :]
<br />and thank you Sherri!
<br />

L

lizlas

<P>2 roses/sherry</P>
<P>Hi</P>
<P>so wht decision did your daughter finally make weith regards to port placement?</P>
<P>I was considering the upper arm as well, but now that s not sounding so great...</P>
<P> </P>
<P>also Tamara I sent you a pm...thanks liz</P>

L

lizlas

<P>2 roses/sherry</P>
<P>Hi</P>
<P>so wht decision did your daughter finally make weith regards to port placement?</P>
<P>I was considering the upper arm as well, but now that s not sounding so great...</P>
<P></P>

L

lizlas

<P><BR>2 roses/sherry</P>
<P>Hi</P>
<P></P>

2roses

Thanks for the pictures, Tamara! I really appreciate you being willing to do that. You're right, the port is hardly noticeable once healed (and not bad at all during healing) and IMO a great way to make IVs easier and reduce the scarring from PICC lines (we counted at least 20 PICC scars on my daughter's arms). I've gotten more feedback about arm vs. chest and the chest seems to be winning. I was also wondering why our hospital routinely does the chest ports, but not really the arm ones. I'm deducing that if the arm placement is so great, why aren't they doing more of those. That could partly be from the popularity of PICC lines now. Anyway, I'm thinking the chest port is the way to go. HOWEVER, with the passage of time, my daughter got nervous and decided to hold off on it. My husband's not too big of a fan of this either, so it looks like I'm the lone flag waver for now. I think she'll change her mind ... maybe next hospitalization.

Thanks again everyone for posting! Soooooo helpful!

2roses

Thanks for the pictures, Tamara! I really appreciate you being willing to do that. You're right, the port is hardly noticeable once healed (and not bad at all during healing) and IMO a great way to make IVs easier and reduce the scarring from PICC lines (we counted at least 20 PICC scars on my daughter's arms). I've gotten more feedback about arm vs. chest and the chest seems to be winning. I was also wondering why our hospital routinely does the chest ports, but not really the arm ones. I'm deducing that if the arm placement is so great, why aren't they doing more of those. That could partly be from the popularity of PICC lines now. Anyway, I'm thinking the chest port is the way to go. HOWEVER, with the passage of time, my daughter got nervous and decided to hold off on it. My husband's not too big of a fan of this either, so it looks like I'm the lone flag waver for now. I think she'll change her mind ... maybe next hospitalization.

Thanks again everyone for posting! Soooooo helpful!

2roses

<br />
<br />Thanks again everyone for posting! Soooooo helpful!

your welcomee! and no problem at all. i love my port mine was just a matter of no veins left and picc lines were just such a horrible experience for me.
i hope that she chooses it but if not dont worry time will tell and she might eventually want one.
hope things go well <3

your welcomee! and no problem at all. i love my port mine was just a matter of no veins left and picc lines were just such a horrible experience for me.
i hope that she chooses it but if not dont worry time will tell and she might eventually want one.
hope things go well <3

<br />i hope that she chooses it but if not dont worry time will tell and she might eventually want one.
<br />hope things go well <3