IVF update

high22class

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Lamp</b></i>

So have they already received the sperm and retrieved the eggs? Have you already done the procedure and now your just waiting for the eggs to implant?? </end quote></div>

Hi! Yes - my husband had to go in for his sperm retrieval(In July) - since IVF is such an invasive and expensive procedure - they wanted to make sure his body produced sperm before we started IVF. His sperm is being forzen as we speak. I am still in the process of taking my shots - once I am done with the shots, I will will have egg retrieval(around Nov. 6th) - and that is when they fertilize my eggs with his sperm. Around November 11th they will transfer the fertilized eggs back in my body and we wait for our positive pregnancy test(around nov. 21st).

Hope this helps!!!

high22class

So have they already received the sperm and retrieved the eggs? Have you already done the procedure and now your just waiting for the eggs to implant?? </end quote></div>

Hi! Yes - my husband had to go in for his sperm retrieval(In July) - since IVF is such an invasive and expensive procedure - they wanted to make sure his body produced sperm before we started IVF. His sperm is being forzen as we speak. I am still in the process of taking my shots - once I am done with the shots, I will will have egg retrieval(around Nov. 6th) - and that is when they fertilize my eggs with his sperm. Around November 11th they will transfer the fertilized eggs back in my body and we wait for our positive pregnancy test(around nov. 21st).

Hope this helps!!!

high22class

Hope this helps!!!

high22class

So have they already received the sperm and retrieved the eggs? Have you already done the procedure and now your just waiting for the eggs to implant?? </end quote>

Hope this helps!!!

high22class

<br />
<br />So have they already received the sperm and retrieved the eggs? Have you already done the procedure and now your just waiting for the eggs to implant?? </end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />Hi! Yes - my husband had to go in for his sperm retrieval(In July) - since IVF is such an invasive and expensive procedure - they wanted to make sure his body produced sperm before we started IVF. His sperm is being forzen as we speak. I am still in the process of taking my shots - once I am done with the shots, I will will have egg retrieval(around Nov. 6th) - and that is when they fertilize my eggs with his sperm. Around November 11th they will transfer the fertilized eggs back in my body and we wait for our positive pregnancy test(around nov. 21st).
<br />
<br />Hope this helps!!!

CFcarebear

Sara,

I am excited for you and your husband! My husband (29 w/CF) and I are starting the same thing right now! Our "target date" for the egg and sperm retrieval is Jan. 7th or 8th.

On a personal note, may I ask how your husband's disease has progressed? Is it well under control? My husband is on IVs every 3-6 months (he has a port) and he is getting much weaker. He does treatments a few times a day and his FEV1 is around 2.00 L.

We are both really excited about the IVF, but scared at the same time. I guess the thought of having kids and then him getting a transplant, etc. is scary for both of us. Also, as you know it is VERY expensive!!!!

What do you and your husband do for careers? We both teach, but my husband is looking into a new career path in the business world (less germs and he won't be as exhausted at the end of the day!) He has a business degree, so hopefully it will come in handy.

Do you provide health insurance for him or is he insured? Are you planning on working when you have kids?

Sorry for so many questions. We will be praying for you!

CFcarebear

Sara,

I am excited for you and your husband! My husband (29 w/CF) and I are starting the same thing right now! Our "target date" for the egg and sperm retrieval is Jan. 7th or 8th.

On a personal note, may I ask how your husband's disease has progressed? Is it well under control? My husband is on IVs every 3-6 months (he has a port) and he is getting much weaker. He does treatments a few times a day and his FEV1 is around 2.00 L.

We are both really excited about the IVF, but scared at the same time. I guess the thought of having kids and then him getting a transplant, etc. is scary for both of us. Also, as you know it is VERY expensive!!!!

What do you and your husband do for careers? We both teach, but my husband is looking into a new career path in the business world (less germs and he won't be as exhausted at the end of the day!) He has a business degree, so hopefully it will come in handy.

Do you provide health insurance for him or is he insured? Are you planning on working when you have kids?

CFcarebear

Sara,

CFcarebear

Sara,

CFcarebear

Sara,
<br />
<br />I am excited for you and your husband! My husband (29 w/CF) and I are starting the same thing right now! Our "target date" for the egg and sperm retrieval is Jan. 7th or 8th.
<br />
<br />On a personal note, may I ask how your husband's disease has progressed? Is it well under control? My husband is on IVs every 3-6 months (he has a port) and he is getting much weaker. He does treatments a few times a day and his FEV1 is around 2.00 L.
<br />
<br />We are both really excited about the IVF, but scared at the same time. I guess the thought of having kids and then him getting a transplant, etc. is scary for both of us. Also, as you know it is VERY expensive!!!!
<br />
<br />What do you and your husband do for careers? We both teach, but my husband is looking into a new career path in the business world (less germs and he won't be as exhausted at the end of the day!) He has a business degree, so hopefully it will come in handy.
<br />
<br />Do you provide health insurance for him or is he insured? Are you planning on working when you have kids?
<br />
<br />Sorry for so many questions. We will be praying for you!

high22class

Hi Angela,

Please feel free to email me(in my siggy) and I can send you an invite to my blog. I keep it updated. We have just finished IVF and get our results on November 21st!

My husbands CF has basically stayed the same over the years. He is 25 and a half. His PFT's are normally in the high 80's to mid 90's. He has been on IV's once during his deviated septum surgery a few years ago. The disease really hasn't hit us too hard and although we both hope it never does - I am prepared for whatever cards we are handed.

My husband is also teacher and a year round tennis coach at a high school(he owes his good health to constantly running around the tennis courts). The germ issue does bother me as well, but he seems to be okay with it. I would like for him to explore other options within his career that doesn't expose him to germy kids all day - but he is happy where he is now - so we are just taking it one day at a time.

He is insured under his own health plan - which has been great for CF but not for IVF.

My job(I am in the fashion industry) was cut. So, thankfully in Ohio all you need is a bachelors degree to be a substitute teacher - which is what I am doing now. We bought our first home on one income, so that will afford us a little time for me to take off of work to take care of children. I do plan on starting to interview sometime next year.

I hope I got to all of your questions. This is so exciting you are starting the IVF process. Please send me an email if you would like, I would love to keep in touch with you!

high22class

Hi Angela,

Please feel free to email me(in my siggy) and I can send you an invite to my blog. I keep it updated. We have just finished IVF and get our results on November 21st!

My husbands CF has basically stayed the same over the years. He is 25 and a half. His PFT's are normally in the high 80's to mid 90's. He has been on IV's once during his deviated septum surgery a few years ago. The disease really hasn't hit us too hard and although we both hope it never does - I am prepared for whatever cards we are handed.

My husband is also teacher and a year round tennis coach at a high school(he owes his good health to constantly running around the tennis courts). The germ issue does bother me as well, but he seems to be okay with it. I would like for him to explore other options within his career that doesn't expose him to germy kids all day - but he is happy where he is now - so we are just taking it one day at a time.

He is insured under his own health plan - which has been great for CF but not for IVF.

My job(I am in the fashion industry) was cut. So, thankfully in Ohio all you need is a bachelors degree to be a substitute teacher - which is what I am doing now. We bought our first home on one income, so that will afford us a little time for me to take off of work to take care of children. I do plan on starting to interview sometime next year.

I hope I got to all of your questions. This is so exciting you are starting the IVF process. Please send me an email if you would like, I would love to keep in touch with you!

high22class

Hi Angela,

high22class

Hi Angela,

high22class

Hi Angela,
<br />
<br />Please feel free to email me(in my siggy) and I can send you an invite to my blog. I keep it updated. We have just finished IVF and get our results on November 21st!
<br />
<br />My husbands CF has basically stayed the same over the years. He is 25 and a half. His PFT's are normally in the high 80's to mid 90's. He has been on IV's once during his deviated septum surgery a few years ago. The disease really hasn't hit us too hard and although we both hope it never does - I am prepared for whatever cards we are handed.
<br />
<br />My husband is also teacher and a year round tennis coach at a high school(he owes his good health to constantly running around the tennis courts). The germ issue does bother me as well, but he seems to be okay with it. I would like for him to explore other options within his career that doesn't expose him to germy kids all day - but he is happy where he is now - so we are just taking it one day at a time.
<br />
<br />He is insured under his own health plan - which has been great for CF but not for IVF.
<br />
<br />My job(I am in the fashion industry) was cut. So, thankfully in Ohio all you need is a bachelors degree to be a substitute teacher - which is what I am doing now. We bought our first home on one income, so that will afford us a little time for me to take off of work to take care of children. I do plan on starting to interview sometime next year.
<br />
<br />I hope I got to all of your questions. This is so exciting you are starting the IVF process. Please send me an email if you would like, I would love to keep in touch with you!