IVs at home

shea14

Does anyone do IV's at home? If so do you do them or does a nurse come and do them for you? I am asking because I am trying to push the doctors to let my son do them at home because he has been in the hospital for two weeks and then home for two weeks for about six months now and I want my son home. He is sick of the hospital and I am afraid he will start getting depressed. I think if we can do them at home it will raise his quality of life.

shea14

Does anyone do IV's at home? If so do you do them or does a nurse come and do them for you? I am asking because I am trying to push the doctors to let my son do them at home because he has been in the hospital for two weeks and then home for two weeks for about six months now and I want my son home. He is sick of the hospital and I am afraid he will start getting depressed. I think if we can do them at home it will raise his quality of life.

shea14

shea14

shea14

Sakem

I'm sorry things are so hard right now...yes IVs can be done at home, but that may not be an option with all insurance plans or due to health status. I see from some of your prior posts, transplant or possibly removing one of the lungs were being considered, what is the current status of that?

Sakem

I'm sorry things are so hard right now...yes IVs can be done at home, but that may not be an option with all insurance plans or due to health status. I see from some of your prior posts, transplant or possibly removing one of the lungs were being considered, what is the current status of that?

Sakem

Sakem

Sakem

M

Mommafirst

We've done home IVs. They made us stay in-patient for the first 5 days and then once they knew the levels were good and we were trained with home health, we were able to leave. Its not always an option for everyone, depending on how far you live from the hospital or center, insurance, home health options, etc. But I agree, it would be great for his morale to do this. I hope they can find a way to make it work for you. (((HUGS)))

M

Mommafirst

We've done home IVs. They made us stay in-patient for the first 5 days and then once they knew the levels were good and we were trained with home health, we were able to leave. Its not always an option for everyone, depending on how far you live from the hospital or center, insurance, home health options, etc. But I agree, it would be great for his morale to do this. I hope they can find a way to make it work for you. (((HUGS)))

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

T

tammykrumrey

Ours does let us do them from home as well. Actually we just finished our last IV dosage this morning! YEAH!! Kayla stayed in the hospital for 8 days, and we finished off the rest at home. It really is great to have everyone under one roof.
I would ask about it. Like others have already said, maybe there is a reason why it hasn't been done already.
Hope things get better soon...

T

tammykrumrey

Ours does let us do them from home as well. Actually we just finished our last IV dosage this morning! YEAH!! Kayla stayed in the hospital for 8 days, and we finished off the rest at home. It really is great to have everyone under one roof.
I would ask about it. Like others have already said, maybe there is a reason why it hasn't been done already.

T

tammykrumrey

T

tammykrumrey

T

tammykrumrey

<br />I would ask about it. Like others have already said, maybe there is a reason why it hasn't been done already.
<br />Hope things get better soon...
<br />