Joint pain with CF?

Allie

RY had all kinds of Cf arthritis. We found one of the things that helped (besides the obvious drugs route) was massage. I got really good at giving massages, let me tell you.

Allie

RY had all kinds of Cf arthritis. We found one of the things that helped (besides the obvious drugs route) was massage. I got really good at giving massages, let me tell you.

Dea

I am 32 and have had joint pain since about the age of 9. I have terrible "flare-ups" to where I cant even go to the bathroom by myself. I have seen a rheumatologist and it is a form of arthritis. My CF doc says they are finding more CF patients with arthritis because there are more living longer lives so more probs are arising. I have actually been diagnosed with adult Still's disease which is a rare form of arthritis. Anti-inflammatories are good though...at least they helped me for a while. I've had the problems so long now that only prednisone helps me. But if the problems get so bad...ask to be referred to a rheumatologist...there are many arthritis meds out there.
Good Luck!
Dea
32 w/CF

Dea

I am 32 and have had joint pain since about the age of 9. I have terrible "flare-ups" to where I cant even go to the bathroom by myself. I have seen a rheumatologist and it is a form of arthritis. My CF doc says they are finding more CF patients with arthritis because there are more living longer lives so more probs are arising. I have actually been diagnosed with adult Still's disease which is a rare form of arthritis. Anti-inflammatories are good though...at least they helped me for a while. I've had the problems so long now that only prednisone helps me. But if the problems get so bad...ask to be referred to a rheumatologist...there are many arthritis meds out there.
Good Luck!
Dea
32 w/CF

JennifersHope

I get joint pain real bad too. In fact I am having a flare up of it at the moment and nothing helps it really.. I want to take the medicine my doctor gave me, but then I am a vegtable all day... It is Flexaril, which just makes my mind and body totally numb.... I have only taken it twice

....Mel.. I know just what you mean when you say you could cry about it..I feel that way to.. because sometimes just using toilet paper hurts my arm and shoulder, At church a few weeks ago, I was holding a brand new baby... and my arms got a sharp pain in it, and I almost dropped the baby....No one knows, I didn't drop the baby and I am still horrified by it..

. Sometimes when I get a flare up, it is indictive of an infection coming. I also have avasular necrosis from all the steroids I take.. The orthopedic doctor told me, almost everyone who is on chronic steroids gets it. It is a side effect of the steorids.... I haven't had joint pain in a few weeks and it was wonderful....

CIPRO causes a major flare up of joint/body pain for me, then one day I was talking about it at work, and one of the doctors told me that class of antibiotice is famous for causing muscle/ligament/joint pain....

Hope you feel better

Jennifer

JennifersHope

I get joint pain real bad too. In fact I am having a flare up of it at the moment and nothing helps it really.. I want to take the medicine my doctor gave me, but then I am a vegtable all day... It is Flexaril, which just makes my mind and body totally numb.... I have only taken it twice

....Mel.. I know just what you mean when you say you could cry about it..I feel that way to.. because sometimes just using toilet paper hurts my arm and shoulder, At church a few weeks ago, I was holding a brand new baby... and my arms got a sharp pain in it, and I almost dropped the baby....No one knows, I didn't drop the baby and I am still horrified by it..

. Sometimes when I get a flare up, it is indictive of an infection coming. I also have avasular necrosis from all the steroids I take.. The orthopedic doctor told me, almost everyone who is on chronic steroids gets it. It is a side effect of the steorids.... I haven't had joint pain in a few weeks and it was wonderful....

CIPRO causes a major flare up of joint/body pain for me, then one day I was talking about it at work, and one of the doctors told me that class of antibiotice is famous for causing muscle/ligament/joint pain....

Hope you feel better

Jennifer

65rosessamurai

I was beginning to think my knee problems, joints in my feet and hands, (shoulder, too) was all related to my numourous injuries. If it's true that it's an early arthritis, I'm in trouble!! I need my knees to keep me in Iaido, or I end up not seeing anything past fifth dan (or even make it to that level).
Right now, I get pain in my right knee (from a Judo injury) when the weather changes drastically, or just before it starts to rain.
Though, I think the joints might be improving due to the fact I'm not as malnurished as I was 2 years ago. The wife feeds me a TON of vitamins, etc. every morning!
Still, I'm kinda wondering if Advil, or some mild pain relief medicine (for arthritis) might help out. Sometimes, I can't walk, when the knees hurt so much!! Though I also suspect the reason why I had recently been dropping things (esp. from my left hand), is because the muscles, or something, just go out a sec, and there goes whatever I was holding in my hand!

I often feel like an 80 year old in a 30 year old body, with a 40 year old birth certificate, Vampy!!

Allie, I had also learned about massage during my Aikido days, and even got a book on 'Shiatsu', which is a Japanese Style Massage, using pressure on the "Tsubo", or pressure points, to improve blood circulation, thus illeviating the pain and discomfort. My wife is good at the massage, as well!

65rosessamurai

I was beginning to think my knee problems, joints in my feet and hands, (shoulder, too) was all related to my numourous injuries. If it's true that it's an early arthritis, I'm in trouble!! I need my knees to keep me in Iaido, or I end up not seeing anything past fifth dan (or even make it to that level).
Right now, I get pain in my right knee (from a Judo injury) when the weather changes drastically, or just before it starts to rain.
Though, I think the joints might be improving due to the fact I'm not as malnurished as I was 2 years ago. The wife feeds me a TON of vitamins, etc. every morning!
Still, I'm kinda wondering if Advil, or some mild pain relief medicine (for arthritis) might help out. Sometimes, I can't walk, when the knees hurt so much!! Though I also suspect the reason why I had recently been dropping things (esp. from my left hand), is because the muscles, or something, just go out a sec, and there goes whatever I was holding in my hand!

I often feel like an 80 year old in a 30 year old body, with a 40 year old birth certificate, Vampy!!

Allie, I had also learned about massage during my Aikido days, and even got a book on 'Shiatsu', which is a Japanese Style Massage, using pressure on the "Tsubo", or pressure points, to improve blood circulation, thus illeviating the pain and discomfort. My wife is good at the massage, as well!

thelizardqueen

I used to suffer from very bad knee pain when I was younger, but I suppose I grew out of it. At this point my wrists get very sore from time to time, and I have to wear wrist braces when it gets too bad. Other then that, I notice that my bones crack and pop a lot, especially in my hips and lower back.

thelizardqueen

I used to suffer from very bad knee pain when I was younger, but I suppose I grew out of it. At this point my wrists get very sore from time to time, and I have to wear wrist braces when it gets too bad. Other then that, I notice that my bones crack and pop a lot, especially in my hips and lower back.