Judging Hurts

Cojean62

So I'm a freshmen in high school and I'm learning one thing, people could care less about how you feel. At my school, popularity is everything. Being me at my school is pretty hard. Everyone makes fun of me because I'm so small and I can't do things like other people. Girls say that I'm single because I have small breasts and butt. But I can honestly say that having CF has made me strong and I'm able to handle more stressful things. Can anyone here relate to all this? Possibly give me some tips on how to handle more things as I head into my sophomore year?

Cojean62

So I'm a freshmen in high school and I'm learning one thing, people could care less about how you feel. At my school, popularity is everything. Being me at my school is pretty hard. Everyone makes fun of me because I'm so small and I can't do things like other people. Girls say that I'm single because I have small breasts and butt. But I can honestly say that having CF has made me strong and I'm able to handle more stressful things. Can anyone here relate to all this? Possibly give me some tips on how to handle more things as I head into my sophomore year?

Cojean62

lexygirl97

Don't worry...I'm right there with ya. I get picked on alot too, about the same stuff. My advice to you is to just not let them bother you...thats all I can really say.

lexygirl97

Don't worry...I'm right there with ya. I get picked on alot too, about the same stuff. My advice to you is to just not let them bother you...thats all I can really say.

lexygirl97

lexygirl97

lexygirl97

lexygirl97

biz

im sorry to hear you going thru this. i dont have cf my son does and hes 5. so no picking on going on yet. but i will tell you when i was in high school i too was small. i was a gymnast and gymnast develop later in life. at least not as fast as other girls. anyway i had no, and i mean no chest. flat as a board. i was all skin and bones. and of course muscle cause im an athlete and i got picked on so bad. by boys so much and the girls were aweful too. the teasing alone was terrible. i know how you feel ugh being a feshman sucks so bad.

advice i can give you is your high school years fly by they zip right thru i knw it feels like forever in that school but believe me its not. when i became a sophmore i was more comfortable in school knew my way around and the kind of people i didnt want to associate with. if u find just that one friend who truly connects with you it makes all the difference.

oh and im almost 20 years out of high school now and i dont even have contact with a very large portion of the people i was forced to see those four years. and no one is any better then the other now. but the ones i am in contact with now are the ones who were with me thru the good, bad, and ugly. hope this helps a little good luck!!!!!
------------------------------------------
Elizabeth

biz

im sorry to hear you going thru this. i dont have cf my son does and hes 5. so no picking on going on yet. but i will tell you when i was in high school i too was small. i was a gymnast and gymnast develop later in life. at least not as fast as other girls. anyway i had no, and i mean no chest. flat as a board. i was all skin and bones. and of course muscle cause im an athlete and i got picked on so bad. by boys so much and the girls were aweful too. the teasing alone was terrible. i know how you feel ugh being a feshman sucks so bad.

advice i can give you is your high school years fly by they zip right thru i knw it feels like forever in that school but believe me its not. when i became a sophmore i was more comfortable in school knew my way around and the kind of people i didnt want to associate with. if u find just that one friend who truly connects with you it makes all the difference.

oh and im almost 20 years out of high school now and i dont even have contact with a very large portion of the people i was forced to see those four years. and no one is any better then the other now. but the ones i am in contact with now are the ones who were with me thru the good, bad, and ugly. hope this helps a little good luck!!!!!
------------------------------------------
Elizabeth

biz

<br />
<br />advice i can give you is your high school years fly by they zip right thru i knw it feels like forever in that school but believe me its not. when i became a sophmore i was more comfortable in school knew my way around and the kind of people i didnt want to associate with. if u find just that one friend who truly connects with you it makes all the difference.
<br />
<br />oh and im almost 20 years out of high school now and i dont even have contact with a very large portion of the people i was forced to see those four years. and no one is any better then the other now. but the ones i am in contact with now are the ones who were with me thru the good, bad, and ugly. hope this helps a little good luck!!!!!
<br />------------------------------------------
<br />Elizabeth
<br />

Cojean62

Thank you guys. It has gotten a little worse because everyone found out in my Biology class that I have CF. We were studying genetic diseases and my teacher used me as an example. Everyone thought it was 'cool' during class but then when we got out they started picking on me. Some were like 'do I need to carry your books since you're so weak?' or 'I'm glad I don't have to go through what you have to' It's pretty hard...

Cojean62

Thank you guys. It has gotten a little worse because everyone found out in my Biology class that I have CF. We were studying genetic diseases and my teacher used me as an example. Everyone thought it was 'cool' during class but then when we got out they started picking on me. Some were like 'do I need to carry your books since you're so weak?' or 'I'm glad I don't have to go through what you have to' It's pretty hard...

Cojean62

biz

OMG sweetie im so sorry to hear this. i cant believe how aweful it is for teenage cfers. did u tell ur parents the teacher used u as an example. in my opinion as a mom i would not be happy about that at all especially since the struggles you hav been having. have you talked to your parents about homeschooling? that might be better for you
-------------------------------------
Elizabeth

biz

OMG sweetie im so sorry to hear this. i cant believe how aweful it is for teenage cfers. did u tell ur parents the teacher used u as an example. in my opinion as a mom i would not be happy about that at all especially since the struggles you hav been having. have you talked to your parents about homeschooling? that might be better for you
-------------------------------------
Elizabeth

biz

<br />-------------------------------------
<br />Elizabeth

Cojean62

I do not want to be home schooled. In fact, my doctor advised against it. He said I need to go to public school or private because it would do me some good. Plus I have three very close friends who help me through all the problems. I did tell her about what my teacher did but I tried to laugh it off. Mom has a lot on her plate and I don't want her to have to worry about my school life so much. I want to try handling it on my own, you know? But it feels good to know I have other CF teens to talk to.

Cojean62

I do not want to be home schooled. In fact, my doctor advised against it. He said I need to go to public school or private because it would do me some good. Plus I have three very close friends who help me through all the problems. I did tell her about what my teacher did but I tried to laugh it off. Mom has a lot on her plate and I don't want her to have to worry about my school life so much. I want to try handling it on my own, you know? But it feels good to know I have other CF teens to talk to.