Just asthma? or could it be CF?

MIRANDAPANDA02

Thank you all for your responses. I am going to call the dr tomorrow morning and have her put in for him to be tested.
Ginaandbrea- That's the exact situation we are in! My husband is Active Navy and my son has only seen a civilian dr once a few years ago. I hate that we arent given a choice in what dr's we see. Thank you all for taking the time to respond to me, now I don't feel like I'm just making too much of it. I hope the dr listens to me.

MIRANDAPANDA02

Thank you all for your responses. I am going to call the dr tomorrow morning and have her put in for him to be tested.
Ginaandbrea- That's the exact situation we are in! My husband is Active Navy and my son has only seen a civilian dr once a few years ago. I hate that we arent given a choice in what dr's we see. Thank you all for taking the time to respond to me, now I don't feel like I'm just making too much of it. I hope the dr listens to me.

MIRANDAPANDA02

MIRANDAPANDA02

MIRANDAPANDA02

mom4holly

I'm sorry that you are having to go through this. My daughter was DX with Asthma when she was about 20 mths old also. She had several other sickness but never even figured CF because my pcp could not refer us to a pulm dr because i had state funded insurance. I finally got a job with insurance & got a pulm & she was DX after that. Good luck. I hope it gets better.

mom4holly

I'm sorry that you are having to go through this. My daughter was DX with Asthma when she was about 20 mths old also. She had several other sickness but never even figured CF because my pcp could not refer us to a pulm dr because i had state funded insurance. I finally got a job with insurance & got a pulm & she was DX after that. Good luck. I hope it gets better.

mom4holly

mom4holly

mom4holly

LilMaevesMom

I sure hope you get the answers you need soon.
I just wanted to say, DON'T kick yourself over declining the screen during pregnancy. I DID get screened, was told by my nurse practioner that it was negative (it wasn't), and then Maeve was diagnosed after her newborn screen showed elevated levels.
Just saying, no reason to beat yourself up over it.

LilMaevesMom

I just wanted to say, DON'T kick yourself over declining the screen during pregnancy. I DID get screened, was told by my nurse practioner that it was negative (it wasn't), and then Maeve was diagnosed after her newborn screen showed elevated levels.

LilMaevesMom

LilMaevesMom

LilMaevesMom