Just curious how fundraising is going?

izemmom

Hang in there Heather. Just keep telling yourself that EVERY little bit helps! You've got a good total so far. I was helping with registration at our first walk, a few weeks ago. I have to admit I was surprised at how many people turned in less than $100. So, I think you're doing great.

We will do our second (and last for the year) walk this weekend. I lose track of how much I've turned in for each of us and for each walk...but between my husband and I (and Isabelle who raised $128 on her own!!!!) we are at approximately $7,000. Most of that is from our Improv Comedy/Silent Auction event. About $550 is from my school's jeans for genes day, and we've raised about $600 on line. I have a couple of real go-getters on my team this year, so I think when all is said and done we'll be at about $10,000.

I was very touched this year that my school staff formed a team of their own. They have about 20 walkers and set their goal at $2,000. They are having a very good time with a friendly competiton.

Many of Emily's daycare friends' families are walking with us too, as are all of her daycare teachers. Their support and fundraising efforts have been AMAZING!!!

Good luck to all the Great Striders out there! And, THANK YOU ALL!

izemmom

Hang in there Heather. Just keep telling yourself that EVERY little bit helps! You've got a good total so far. I was helping with registration at our first walk, a few weeks ago. I have to admit I was surprised at how many people turned in less than $100. So, I think you're doing great.

We will do our second (and last for the year) walk this weekend. I lose track of how much I've turned in for each of us and for each walk...but between my husband and I (and Isabelle who raised $128 on her own!!!!) we are at approximately $7,000. Most of that is from our Improv Comedy/Silent Auction event. About $550 is from my school's jeans for genes day, and we've raised about $600 on line. I have a couple of real go-getters on my team this year, so I think when all is said and done we'll be at about $10,000.

I was very touched this year that my school staff formed a team of their own. They have about 20 walkers and set their goal at $2,000. They are having a very good time with a friendly competiton.

Many of Emily's daycare friends' families are walking with us too, as are all of her daycare teachers. Their support and fundraising efforts have been AMAZING!!!

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom

<br />
<br />We will do our second (and last for the year) walk this weekend. I lose track of how much I've turned in for each of us and for each walk...but between my husband and I (and Isabelle who raised $128 on her own!!!!) we are at approximately $7,000. Most of that is from our Improv Comedy/Silent Auction event. About $550 is from my school's jeans for genes day, and we've raised about $600 on line. I have a couple of real go-getters on my team this year, so I think when all is said and done we'll be at about $10,000.
<br />
<br />I was very touched this year that my school staff formed a team of their own. They have about 20 walkers and set their goal at $2,000. They are having a very good time with a friendly competiton.
<br />
<br />Many of Emily's daycare friends' families are walking with us too, as are all of her daycare teachers. Their support and fundraising efforts have been AMAZING!!!
<br />
<br />Good luck to all the Great Striders out there! And, THANK YOU ALL!

jdprecious

This is our first year doing the walk and I decided to do it 48 hours ago, just ten days before the event. So, to say the least, our fundraising could have been better planned. However, with just a few emails to friends and family, the "Journey for Jaelyn" team has raised over $450 in less than two days.

Today is our coworkers payday so we have alot of promises that I will be following up on. And I agree with Mommafirst, my immediate family has not said one peep. It's my acquaintances and complete strangers that have really stepped up and shown their love and support for our cause. We have one week until the walk, if my own mother doesn't say a word, I will be so pi**ed!!

jdprecious

This is our first year doing the walk and I decided to do it 48 hours ago, just ten days before the event. So, to say the least, our fundraising could have been better planned. However, with just a few emails to friends and family, the "Journey for Jaelyn" team has raised over $450 in less than two days.

Today is our coworkers payday so we have alot of promises that I will be following up on. And I agree with Mommafirst, my immediate family has not said one peep. It's my acquaintances and complete strangers that have really stepped up and shown their love and support for our cause. We have one week until the walk, if my own mother doesn't say a word, I will be so pi**ed!!

jdprecious

jdprecious

jdprecious

<br />
<br />Today is our coworkers payday so we have alot of promises that I will be following up on. And I agree with Mommafirst, my immediate family has not said one peep. It's my acquaintances and complete strangers that have really stepped up and shown their love and support for our cause. We have one week until the walk, if my own mother doesn't say a word, I will be so pi**ed!!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
I'm not sure how much we have right now. Our walk is tomorrow but we have so much going on (last day of high school for Josh- prom tonight- my students art show on sunday), collecting has been put on the back burner. The National Honor Society from our school is walking with our team as well as the boys' scout troop- so I'm sure we'll do fine.

I'll give you the total on Sunday! Good luck everyone!!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
I'm not sure how much we have right now. Our walk is tomorrow but we have so much going on (last day of high school for Josh- prom tonight- my students art show on sunday), collecting has been put on the back burner. The National Honor Society from our school is walking with our team as well as the boys' scout troop- so I'm sure we'll do fine.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />I'll give you the total on Sunday! Good luck everyone!!

JosephinesMommy

Our walk is tomorrow and we have raised $2680.00.
<br />
<br />I am hoping next year to be a little more organized and set a goal of $10,000!