Krill Oil- Great for my lungs

Avadar

<P>Hello All, <BR><BR>As a lay nutritionist who has helped many people through the years, I have some constructive suggestions to make and I am not a distributor of any of the products I am to address here. <BR><BR>First off, Krill oil is good but always read the label. Make sure that the product is of a high quality. You can determine this by seeing things like "independently tested for purity" and "distilled for purity" on the label. Don't get your vitamins at a discount supermarket or convenience store. Always go to an upscale vitamin store like Wegmans, Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods, etc. In my opinion and experience, to have an FDA approved seal on a vitamin bottle is meaningless.Many believe that theFDA and the pharmaceutical companies are in bed with one another. Go figure. <BR><BR>Secondly, the omegas in Flaxseed oil are not enough. For upscale fish oil, there is nothing better than the products of Nordic Naturals. <BR><BR>Nordicnaturals.com <BR><BR>Upscale fish oil has two major facets: EPA and DHA. EPA is for heart health, muscle health, skin health, lung health, and fights stress. DHA is for preventing and treating neurological disorders. EPA has a little DHA in it and vice versa. <BR><BR>EPA/DHA also treats and prevents post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). <BR><BR>Next... <BR><BR>It is important to take a Vitamin E supplement daily. As we age, our blood pressure naturally raises. Vitamin E serves to counteract this process. But you have to start out slowly. If you take too much of it too soon it will make your blood pressure drop suddenly and cause dizziness. Start out with 100 IU a day and over a period of months slowly raise it until you get to two gel caps of 400 IU a day. <BR><BR>By the way, doctors espouse that 800 IU of Vitamin E a day is what women who have a propensity toward breast cancer should be taking daily. <BR><BR>My mother used to suffer from "white coat syndrome." Every time she went to see her doctor, the stress and anxiety would raise her blood pressure. So what she did was take a Vitamin E capsule just before walking out the door to a doctor's appointment - in addition to her regular supplementation. Then when the nurse took her blood pressure it always checked out fine. *LOL* <BR><BR>Next... <BR><BR>Someone in this thread inquired about an immune system booster. There is an inexpensive immune system booster called Vitamin D3, which is more potent than regular Vitamin D. <BR><BR>A study was conducted at a hospital. Doctors and nurses were surrounded by patients with influenza. They each took 2,000 IU's of Vitamin D a day. The result: none of them came down with the flu. <BR><BR>I tested this hypothesis with myself and my wife. We have been taking 2 to 5,000 IU's of Vitamin D3 a day since 2009 and have not only avoided the annual flu shot but also have not come down with any influenza whatsoever. The annual flu shot is plagued with problems because of the harsh chemicals and poor quality of the inoculations. For example, there are cases of children having seizures after getting the annual flu shot. Avoid that. Intead, take Vitamin D3 every day. <BR><BR>You can get Vitamin D3 in gel cap form in many places, e.g., at Wegmans (the store brand). <BR><BR>Next... <BR><BR>The most important mineral in the body is Calcium. Not only is it crucial for bone and teeth health, but it also fights stress (better than a glass of warm milk) and has myriad other benefits to the body. <BR><BR>The best calcium supplement on the planet (independently verified) is Brazilian Coral Calcium. One reason for this is because the purification process is cold pressed. <BR><BR>Brazillivecoral.com <BR><BR>My mother had Type 2 Diabetes and two minor strokes. The various medications she was prescribed beat the living hell out of her body and in my opinion hastened her death (August of 2009). Anyway, many months before she passed, she noticed that the drugs she was taking daily - like the blood thinner known as warfarin/coumadin, an ingredient in rat poison - was really sucking the calcium out of her body. She knew this because her front teeth started to become transparent (sic). Being the smart gal that she was, she decided to double up on her Coral Calcium intake. Instead of taking three small white capsules a day, the recommended dosage, she took six. Consequently, her teeth went back to normal. <BR><BR>Another anecdote... <BR><BR>Recommended by my Kaiser Permanente doctor on June 15, 2010, I allowed a KP nurse to administer a TDAP shot in my left arm, specifically into my left deltoid muscle. It was even painful going in. A decision I will always regret. It resulted in my getting Fibromyalgia. Weeks later I began to feel like a cripple in my left arm - directly in the site of the injection - and had so much pain that I couldn't sleep at night. Mobility in that arm had greatly reduced. <BR><BR>After many months of investigation and experimentation, the ONLY thing that I found to successfully treat the Fibro was an up-and-coming supplement called NOPALEA. <BR><BR>http://www.trivita.com/Web/us/default.aspx <BR><BR>You take six tablespoons (or more) spread out during the day. Only after I delved into the second bottle did I notice the beginning of a reduction in the pain and inflammation in my left deltoid muscle, and the mobility slowly return. <BR><BR>I am now about 95% cured of Fibromyalgia in my left arm. </P>
<P></P>
<P>Nopalea may also help treat Cystic Fibrosis.<BR><BR>Finally... <BR><BR>There is a website that is a wealth of information on nutritional supplements and preventative medicine. <BR><BR>Naturalnews.com <BR><BR>Check it out. <BR><BR>Take Care & God Bless! <BR><BR>Yours In Service To The Light, <BR>Avadar <BR></P>

L

lizlas

Im.anxious to try krill oil.  but there can be a serious side effect to fish oils . If you  suffer from hemoptysis please be careful on the amounts of these oils you are taking as they can inhibit your clotting factors .   people in the northern regions of canada who do eat alot of fish as a staple in their diet have been reporterd to have very serious nosebleeds.  my mom had to stop taking her fishoil as it was very difficult to regulate and she was experiencing prolonged nosebleeds as well....just something to consider.

L

lizlas

Im.anxious to try krill oil. but there can be a serious side effect to fish oils . If you suffer from hemoptysis please be careful on the amounts of these oils you are taking as they can inhibit your clotting factors . people in the northern regions of canada who do eat alot of fish as a staple in their diet have been reporterd to have very serious nosebleeds. my mom had to stop taking her fishoil as it was very difficult to regulate and she was experiencing prolonged nosebleeds as well....just something to consider.

L

lizlas

<BR>Im.anxious to try krill oil. but there can be a serious side effect to fish oils . If you suffer from hemoptysis please be careful on the amounts of these oils you are taking as they can inhibit your clotting factors . people in the northern regions of canada who do eat alot of fish as a staple in their diet have been reporterd to have very serious nosebleeds. my mom had to stop taking her fishoil as it was very difficult to regulate and she was experiencing prolonged nosebleeds as well....just something to consider.

L

lizlas

my post for some reason is not being listed....be careful with the krill oil and any omegas and fish oils not to overdo...it thins the blood thats why it is good for heartattacks aND STROKES ETC.  so if you have hemoptysis be careful with the amounts you are taking.  my mom had severe nosebleeds from taking a small amount and had to stop taking it...

L

lizlas

my post for some reason is not being listed....be careful with the krill oil and any omegas and fish oils not to overdo...it thins the blood thats why it is good for heartattacks aND STROKES ETC. so if you have hemoptysis be careful with the amounts you are taking. my mom had severe nosebleeds from taking a small amount and had to stop taking it...

L

lizlas

<BR>my post for some reason is not being listed....be careful with the krill oil and any omegas and fish oils not to overdo...it thins the blood thats why it is good for heartattacks aND STROKES ETC. so if you have hemoptysis be careful with the amounts you are taking. my mom had severe nosebleeds from taking a small amount and had to stop taking it...

littletaylor

http://www.hiddenpondllc.com/content/4556

i believe this might be the tonic water that was referred to in the beginning of the conversation, in case it was still needed by anyone. :)

littletaylor

i believe this might be the tonic water that was referred to in the beginning of the conversation, in case it was still needed by anyone. :)

littletaylor