Ladies Only - Your Cycle and Your CF

leothelioness26

I have really bad cramps and sometimes get diarrhea. My GYN told me that a lot of people with CF can have worse PMS and periods than other people. One reason is because our mucus is a lot thicker. Are you on any kind of birth control? The doctor put me on b/c to help with my symptoms. I have a bad problem with getting cysts on my overies. Does anyone else have that problem? I had to have one of my flopean tubes taken out as a teenager. I was having severe ab pain, so they decided to look around. They found the tube stuck to scar tissue which was stuck to bowel. The tube was also stopped up, which is not uncommon for us CFers. I hope you can get that under control.

coltsfan715

I have always had horrendous cramps.

When I was in my early teens my periods were normally 2 weeks long or so. Then after a few years they lessened time wise but not in regards to cramps. For me my tell tale sign is that I get nauseating cramps about a day before my period starts. I never really noticed my breathing or lung function in relation to my period but I know that on days that my cramps are horrible my daily PFTs are lower now post transplant because I can't stand to force anything with my stomach.

Cramps wise I get nausea, occassionally have gotten vommiting. I get upper leg and groin cramps that have actually caused me to almost fall over when walking. I get horrible stomach cramps and major back pain. At times I get headaches too and I most always get diarrhea. Thank GOD those things do not last my ENTIRE period but they normally last at least 2 days. All of that is WHILE on Birth Control. I have been taking birth control for the past 6-7 years. My gyn has checked most things out and all of my paps have come back normal, so my official diagnosis is just "dysmennorhea" I think is how you spell it - fancy word for severe cramps lol.

As for my period and being sick I know for me anytime I was on my period when I got sick - and thus had to start IVs my period would stop the day I started IVs .. even if I had literally just started the day before (my periods last a typical 5-7 days usually). When I started IVs my period would vanish and it would not return until about 2 months after my IVs ended. I never really understood why, but maybe just my nutritional status while sick .. who knows.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

When I was in my early teens my periods were normally 2 weeks long or so. Then after a few years they lessened time wise but not in regards to cramps. For me my tell tale sign is that I get nauseating cramps about a day before my period starts. I never really noticed my breathing or lung function in relation to my period but I know that on days that my cramps are horrible my daily PFTs are lower now post transplant because I can't stand to force anything with my stomach.

Cramps wise I get nausea, occassionally have gotten vommiting. I get upper leg and groin cramps that have actually caused me to almost fall over when walking. I get horrible stomach cramps and major back pain. At times I get headaches too and I most always get diarrhea. Thank GOD those things do not last my ENTIRE period but they normally last at least 2 days. All of that is WHILE on Birth Control. I have been taking birth control for the past 6-7 years. My gyn has checked most things out and all of my paps have come back normal, so my official diagnosis is just "dysmennorhea" I think is how you spell it - fancy word for severe cramps lol.

As for my period and being sick I know for me anytime I was on my period when I got sick - and thus had to start IVs my period would stop the day I started IVs .. even if I had literally just started the day before (my periods last a typical 5-7 days usually). When I started IVs my period would vanish and it would not return until about 2 months after my IVs ended. I never really understood why, but maybe just my nutritional status while sick .. who knows.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

S

SeeEff

when I get really bad cramps I don't do my vest - all that bouncing and squeezing - forget it!!!!

S

SeeEff

when I get really bad cramps I don't do my vest - all that bouncing and squeezing - forget it!!!!

S

SeeEff

S

SeeEff

S

SeeEff

krisgabes

my GYN always comments about the thicker mucus. i've had 2 ruptured ovarian cysts before, i don't know if thats more common. otherwise the cramps are ridiculously painful. i used to be on birth control and that helped lots, but i'm not on one right now.

krisgabes

my GYN always comments about the thicker mucus. i've had 2 ruptured ovarian cysts before, i don't know if thats more common. otherwise the cramps are ridiculously painful. i used to be on birth control and that helped lots, but i'm not on one right now.

krisgabes

krisgabes

krisgabes

J

Juniper

I haven't noticed that i get any hungrier before but my blood sugar is always low too! I get really bad cramps before and for the first few days and my periods are really heavy. Who'd be a woman ??? LOL!!!!!

J

Juniper

I haven't noticed that i get any hungrier before but my blood sugar is always low too! I get really bad cramps before and for the first few days and my periods are really heavy. Who'd be a woman ??? LOL!!!!!

J

Juniper

J

Juniper