Looking for ideas to help a child gain weight

joshlogan

i have 2 boys with cf, josh 14-eats like a horse and is solid and logan 13, eats like a bird and is rarly hungry. cereal is what he would live on if given the choice, logan is severly under weight. i try to add cream cheese and butter to mashed potatoes, mayo in mac n cheese just a tablespoon they dont know but it adds more fat and makes it creamier. i make homeade bread alsways adding cheeses and topped with extra butter. as far as the shakes go if you had some icecream, packet of hot chocolate(or fruit) with some protien powder it makes it yummy. try letting him help you cook. logan loves to cook with me and we try new things and add new fatty ingredients each time. i put logan on an "eat every 2 hour"schedule. and keep track of his calories so he can see hoe he is doing......

joshlogan

i have 2 boys with cf, josh 14-eats like a horse and is solid and logan 13, eats like a bird and is rarly hungry. cereal is what he would live on if given the choice, logan is severly under weight. i try to add cream cheese and butter to mashed potatoes, mayo in mac n cheese just a tablespoon they dont know but it adds more fat and makes it creamier. i make homeade bread alsways adding cheeses and topped with extra butter. as far as the shakes go if you had some icecream, packet of hot chocolate(or fruit) with some protien powder it makes it yummy. try letting him help you cook. logan loves to cook with me and we try new things and add new fatty ingredients each time. i put logan on an "eat every 2 hour"schedule. and keep track of his calories so he can see hoe he is doing......

joshlogan

joshlogan

joshlogan

joshlogan

cfmom23

As all of you know, weight gain is a vey hot topic and also one that is very frustrating to all parents of cf children. Why they have so many pills gimmicks and medical procedure to lose weight and not one that would help all kids to gain weight is beyond me. We have a 13 yr. old boy weighing in at 74 lbs. We have tried the scandishakes, bossts, carnations, and enough butter, heavy cream, and every other immaginable method to put weight on. Docs are pressuring for a Gtube but we just aren't convinced it's the answer for him. Any tips, advice or just words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

cfmom23

As all of you know, weight gain is a vey hot topic and also one that is very frustrating to all parents of cf children. Why they have so many pills gimmicks and medical procedure to lose weight and not one that would help all kids to gain weight is beyond me. We have a 13 yr. old boy weighing in at 74 lbs. We have tried the scandishakes, bossts, carnations, and enough butter, heavy cream, and every other immaginable method to put weight on. Docs are pressuring for a Gtube but we just aren't convinced it's the answer for him. Any tips, advice or just words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

cfmom23

Thanks a bunch!

cfmom23

Thanks a bunch!

cfmom23

Thanks a bunch!