Lost

ashmomo

My 4 year old just started preschool. Small class so I am hoping she doesn't have any issues. I understand...my daughter also LOVES school and I don't know how I could take her out if problems did arise. I hope you can find an answer and keep her healthy while being able to attend school. Sorry I am not much help here! PM me if you need anyone to talk to.

ashmomo

My 4 year old just started preschool. Small class so I am hoping she doesn't have any issues. I understand...my daughter also LOVES school and I don't know how I could take her out if problems did arise. I hope you can find an answer and keep her healthy while being able to attend school. Sorry I am not much help here! PM me if you need anyone to talk to.

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

just1more

Do you have a written plan for her medical issues with the school. If not you need an <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individualized_Education_Program">IEP</a> desperately.

You can't keep her from getting sick, but there are several things you can force them to do:

*Allow enzymes, extra drinks-including in class, free restroom privledges if needed
*Allowances for absences; including providing a school-paid tutor/teacher at your house if she is out for more than X days.

You don't have to homeschool for her to get a good education and not be penalized for having CF.

In addition, have you talked to her teacher & the school nurse. They should understand the issues and the standard precautions such as hand sanitizer in the classroom that could improve her environment.

just1more

Do you have a written plan for her medical issues with the school. If not you need an <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individualized_Education_Program">IEP</a> desperately.

You can't keep her from getting sick, but there are several things you can force them to do:

*Allow enzymes, extra drinks-including in class, free restroom privledges if needed
*Allowances for absences; including providing a school-paid tutor/teacher at your house if she is out for more than X days.

You don't have to homeschool for her to get a good education and not be penalized for having CF.

In addition, have you talked to her teacher & the school nurse. They should understand the issues and the standard precautions such as hand sanitizer in the classroom that could improve her environment.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />You can't keep her from getting sick, but there are several things you can force them to do:
<br />
<br />*Allow enzymes, extra drinks-including in class, free restroom privledges if needed
<br />*Allowances for absences; including providing a school-paid tutor/teacher at your house if she is out for more than X days.
<br />
<br />You don't have to homeschool for her to get a good education and not be penalized for having CF.
<br />
<br />In addition, have you talked to her teacher & the school nurse. They should understand the issues and the standard precautions such as hand sanitizer in the classroom that could improve her environment.

yellowsmom

I have talked in length with both her teacher and nurse. They both do what they can..however its the parents who send there kids to school with a fever. Or eating in the cafeteria, playing on the play gound. There are to many variables outside the class room. She is going on 2 weeks out of school, due to swine flu and a pseudomonas infection. Just lost.

yellowsmom

I have talked in length with both her teacher and nurse. They both do what they can..however its the parents who send there kids to school with a fever. Or eating in the cafeteria, playing on the play gound. There are to many variables outside the class room. She is going on 2 weeks out of school, due to swine flu and a pseudomonas infection. Just lost.

yellowsmom

yellowsmom

yellowsmom