Low Blood Sugar

Asexyblond23

So we all know the nasty stuff that we have to drink to have our blood glucose test done to make sure that we are not diabitic or close. Well I did the normal fasting over night and went in around 10 drank the stuff then went back at 12 to draw the blood. Well The nurse called me asking if I was ok, I said yes, why should I not be? She was just kind of shocked that my blood sugar was at 50 at 10 am. She said that is a very low number and was surprised that it was so low. Anyone else have sugars on the low side?

Asexyblond23

So we all know the nasty stuff that we have to drink to have our blood glucose test done to make sure that we are not diabitic or close. Well I did the normal fasting over night and went in around 10 drank the stuff then went back at 12 to draw the blood. Well The nurse called me asking if I was ok, I said yes, why should I not be? She was just kind of shocked that my blood sugar was at 50 at 10 am. She said that is a very low number and was surprised that it was so low. Anyone else have sugars on the low side?

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

Sakem

Yes, that is a bit low, but what time did u last eat/drink the night before? If your blood was not drawn until 10am and u had not eaten since dinner the night before, i could see it being this low.

Sakem

Yes, that is a bit low, but what time did u last eat/drink the night before? If your blood was not drawn until 10am and u had not eaten since dinner the night before, i could see it being this low.

Sakem

Sakem

Sakem

CheerColl

I had the 3 hr OGTT and the at the last blood draw my blood sugar plummeted to 39. My CF NP who got the results just called to tell me that while the test showed no diabetes, this number meant I was hypoglycemic. She then directed me to mycysticfibrosiscom where they have some articles about CF and Hypoglycemia.

She also suggested that to avoid this happening, I should not eat a meal or snack containing only carbs - there should be other macronutrients (protein or fat). This way, my blood sugar will stay at a more constant level, rather than severely dropping a few hours after I eat.

CheerColl

I had the 3 hr OGTT and the at the last blood draw my blood sugar plummeted to 39. My CF NP who got the results just called to tell me that while the test showed no diabetes, this number meant I was hypoglycemic. She then directed me to mycysticfibrosiscom where they have some articles about CF and Hypoglycemia.

She also suggested that to avoid this happening, I should not eat a meal or snack containing only carbs - there should be other macronutrients (protein or fat). This way, my blood sugar will stay at a more constant level, rather than severely dropping a few hours after I eat.

CheerColl

CheerColl

CheerColl

<br />
<br />She also suggested that to avoid this happening, I should not eat a meal or snack containing only carbs - there should be other macronutrients (protein or fat). This way, my blood sugar will stay at a more constant level, rather than severely dropping a few hours after I eat.