Low Blood Sugar

LeneSouthAfrica

Agree with everyone else, just a suggestion: anyone who gets low blood sugar should get their own glucose meter and test a few different meals at home using shorter intervals after eating (20 mins, 40 mins, 60 mins etc) to see how different food affects them. The typical glucose tolerance test (that only tests before and after 2 or 3 hrs) may completely miss your 'peak' and that your sugars are skyrocketing before dropping - because it may just pick up the low at the end, and you may actually have CFRD. If you find your sugars rise too high, document this and show to your doctor next time. (btw Cereal has the worst effect on my sugars, ironic as we are likely to eat cereal first thing in the morning. Now I swop my meals around and try to eat 'real food' for breakfast like leftovers, salads, meat, veggies and rather have the fruit and cereal as an afternoon snack)

LeneSouthAfrica

Agree with everyone else, just a suggestion: anyone who gets low blood sugar should get their own glucose meter and test a few different meals at home using shorter intervals after eating (20 mins, 40 mins, 60 mins etc) to see how different food affects them. The typical glucose tolerance test (that only tests before and after 2 or 3 hrs) may completely miss your 'peak' and that your sugars are skyrocketing before dropping - because it may just pick up the low at the end, and you may actually have CFRD. If you find your sugars rise too high, document this and show to your doctor next time. (btw Cereal has the worst effect on my sugars, ironic as we are likely to eat cereal first thing in the morning. Now I swop my meals around and try to eat 'real food' for breakfast like leftovers, salads, meat, veggies and rather have the fruit and cereal as an afternoon snack)

LeneSouthAfrica

LeneSouthAfrica

LeneSouthAfrica