Low Blood Sugar

CheerColl

I had the 3 hr OGTT and the at the last blood draw my blood sugar plummeted to 39. My CF NP who got the results just called to tell me that while the test showed no diabetes, this number meant I was hypoglycemic. She then directed me to mycysticfibrosiscom where they have some articles about CF and Hypoglycemia.

She also suggested that to avoid this happening, I should not eat a meal or snack containing only carbs - there should be other macronutrients (protein or fat). This way, my blood sugar will stay at a more constant level, rather than severely dropping a few hours after I eat.

CheerColl

I had the 3 hr OGTT and the at the last blood draw my blood sugar plummeted to 39. My CF NP who got the results just called to tell me that while the test showed no diabetes, this number meant I was hypoglycemic. She then directed me to mycysticfibrosiscom where they have some articles about CF and Hypoglycemia.

She also suggested that to avoid this happening, I should not eat a meal or snack containing only carbs - there should be other macronutrients (protein or fat). This way, my blood sugar will stay at a more constant level, rather than severely dropping a few hours after I eat.

CheerColl

CheerColl

CheerColl

<br />
<br />She also suggested that to avoid this happening, I should not eat a meal or snack containing only carbs - there should be other macronutrients (protein or fat). This way, my blood sugar will stay at a more constant level, rather than severely dropping a few hours after I eat.

MicheleGazelle

I was severely hypoglycemic for a long time. Fats and protein help but so do complex carbohydrates. Generally speaking, whole grains are better than white flour. Also, I recently began buying organic turbinado sugar and as long as I don't eat cake on an empty stomach right before bedtime, it doesn't seem to screw up my blood sugar the way white sugar always did.

MicheleGazelle

I was severely hypoglycemic for a long time. Fats and protein help but so do complex carbohydrates. Generally speaking, whole grains are better than white flour. Also, I recently began buying organic turbinado sugar and as long as I don't eat cake on an empty stomach right before bedtime, it doesn't seem to screw up my blood sugar the way white sugar always did.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

Sakem

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>saveferris2009</b></i>

great site, Colleen, thanks for the referral. who runs it, do you know?</end quote></div>

Read the terms and conditions before I signed up

"Sponsorship
Axcan Pharmatm supports this Site and its services through an educational grant"

Sakem

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>saveferris2009</b></i>

great site, Colleen, thanks for the referral. who runs it, do you know?</end quote></div>

"Sponsorship
Axcan Pharmatm supports this Site and its services through an educational grant"

Sakem

"Sponsorship

Sakem

great site, Colleen, thanks for the referral. who runs it, do you know?</end quote>

"Sponsorship

Sakem

<br />
<br />great site, Colleen, thanks for the referral. who runs it, do you know?</end quote>
<br />
<br />Read the terms and conditions before I signed up
<br />
<br />"Sponsorship
<br />Axcan Pharmatm supports this Site and its services through an educational grant"