Low oxygen saturation, good pft's?

Brad

I have the opposite also Leah, Reece and I have even more in Common.
One being we both have only one lung.
My O2 Sat has been 97 for about 2 years now, I started Rehab last week
where my o2 sat went to 99-100% right after the 6 min walk.

My Older Brother on the other had ,He is a 60 yr old CFer .
He put off night time O2 for a cpl of years, He went on night O2
a year ago because his sata were high 80s.
But Now He is having heart problems and is on full time O2.
So I wonder if Him putting off the Night O2 caused or added to
his now heart problems.

He is back in the hospital again. 10th time since Christmas
He also has had 2 small heart attacks in the last 4 weeks.

I Check my O2 Sats in daily , I also have O2 at the ready
I will use it if my Sats get low.
I think Piper is correct, We watch our lungs very close
but forget about or rather ignore the signs that there other
issues going on.....

Brad

his now heart problems.

issues going on.....

Brad

his now heart problems.

issues going on.....

Brad

his now heart problems.

issues going on.....

Brad

<br /> One being we both have only one lung.
<br /> My O2 Sat has been 97 for about 2 years now, I started Rehab last week
<br /> where my o2 sat went to 99-100% right after the 6 min walk.
<br />
<br /> My Older Brother on the other had ,He is a 60 yr old CFer .
<br /> He put off night time O2 for a cpl of years, He went on night O2
<br /> a year ago because his sata were high 80s.
<br /> But Now He is having heart problems and is on full time O2.
<br /> So I wonder if Him putting off the Night O2 caused or added to
<br /> his now heart problems.
<br />
<br /> He is back in the hospital again. 10th time since Christmas
<br /> He also has had 2 small heart attacks in the last 4 weeks.
<br />
<br /> I Check my O2 Sats in daily , I also have O2 at the ready
<br /> I will use it if my Sats get low.
<br /> I think Piper is correct, We watch our lungs very close
<br /> but forget about or rather ignore the signs that there other
<br /> issues going on.....
<br />

stillkicking

I'm more aligned with the opposites. Low PFT's but my sats stayed pretty good till about a year and a half ago when they started dropping at night. Still I resisted the O2, until just last Christmas. They were bad during the day as well by then. I just wanted to say don't wait. I couldn't believe the difference at night. I actually slept, I mean really slept, for the first time in ages. I started crying the next morning cause I'd forgotten what that felt like. I woke up with energy and didn't look like a corpse anymore. Oxygen can be a pain, I now have to wear it during the day most days, but it's also a big help.

stillkicking

I'm more aligned with the opposites. Low PFT's but my sats stayed pretty good till about a year and a half ago when they started dropping at night. Still I resisted the O2, until just last Christmas. They were bad during the day as well by then. I just wanted to say don't wait. I couldn't believe the difference at night. I actually slept, I mean really slept, for the first time in ages. I started crying the next morning cause I'd forgotten what that felt like. I woke up with energy and didn't look like a corpse anymore. Oxygen can be a pain, I now have to wear it during the day most days, but it's also a big help.

stillkicking

stillkicking

stillkicking

Tumbleweed

i am also opposite. my pfts are 33% fev1 last clinic visit and my sats were at 100%. i have not yet needed oxygen during the day or at night. i asked my doctor about this. he said he wasn't surprised at my low pfts/good oxegen saturation.... i guess people just vary alot.

Tumbleweed

i am also opposite. my pfts are 33% fev1 last clinic visit and my sats were at 100%. i have not yet needed oxygen during the day or at night. i asked my doctor about this. he said he wasn't surprised at my low pfts/good oxegen saturation.... i guess people just vary alot.

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

beccasmom

My daughter is 2 and has been on nighttime oxygen for 18 months, because she has sleep apnea with her CF causing low sats. According to our pulmonologist sleep apnea is common in CF, so maybe that is your issue too. She is to little to measure PFTs yet, but her lung function seems ok

beccasmom

My daughter is 2 and has been on nighttime oxygen for 18 months, because she has sleep apnea with her CF causing low sats. According to our pulmonologist sleep apnea is common in CF, so maybe that is your issue too. She is to little to measure PFTs yet, but her lung function seems ok

beccasmom

beccasmom

beccasmom