MAJOR stomach cramps and throwing up

Giggles

Does anyone out there have problems with eating corn? I noticed after I eat corn I would have a stomach ache the next day but not horrible. Well, the other night I ate a corn on the cob and woke up at 2AM with MASSIVE cramps and I was going to the bathroom (normal not diarea) and then throwing up. The cramping continued all night went away the next day but I still felt like crap and did not eat and then the cramping came back the following morning and going on now but I feel ok today.

Does anyone think it might be the corn? Help!!!

Jennifer 36 years old with CF and CFRD

Giggles

Does anyone out there have problems with eating corn? I noticed after I eat corn I would have a stomach ache the next day but not horrible. Well, the other night I ate a corn on the cob and woke up at 2AM with MASSIVE cramps and I was going to the bathroom (normal not diarea) and then throwing up. The cramping continued all night went away the next day but I still felt like crap and did not eat and then the cramping came back the following morning and going on now but I feel ok today.

Giggles

Giggles

Giggles

<br />
<br />Does anyone think it might be the corn? Help!!!
<br />
<br />Jennifer 36 years old with CF and CFRD

C

Cherylwithone

Not sure if it's the corn, but have you ever heard of the corn test? GI drs will use it sometimes. Since our bodies do not digest corn they have you eat it and see how long it takes you to poop it out. It's an easy way to see if your GI track is moving slow or not. SO with that said if you are PI you body may be protesting your eating corn.

Just a thought and may having nothing to do with the corn but something else.

Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf

C

Cherylwithone

Not sure if it's the corn, but have you ever heard of the corn test? GI drs will use it sometimes. Since our bodies do not digest corn they have you eat it and see how long it takes you to poop it out. It's an easy way to see if your GI track is moving slow or not. SO with that said if you are PI you body may be protesting your eating corn.

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

<br />
<br />Just a thought and may having nothing to do with the corn but something else.
<br />
<br />Cheryl mom to Malora 15 w/cf

Solo

Odds are its not the corn, but there's always that minute possibility, there's always the chance of a corn allergy, however unlikely that is. Corn contains Niacin, and as far as I know, its not released in the GI tract, so it most likely is something else entirely.

Solo

Odds are its not the corn, but there's always that minute possibility, there's always the chance of a corn allergy, however unlikely that is. Corn contains Niacin, and as far as I know, its not released in the GI tract, so it most likely is something else entirely.

Solo

Solo

Solo

<br />

M

moxie1

It's odd that you have mentioned this.

My uncle who does not have cf, but is a diabetic had the same problem a few weeks ago. He had also had corn that night. He thinks it was the corn, but my aunt thought that was unlikely. After your experience though, it makes me wonder.

M

moxie1

My uncle who does not have cf, but is a diabetic had the same problem a few weeks ago. He had also had corn that night. He thinks it was the corn, but my aunt thought that was unlikely. After your experience though, it makes me wonder.

M

moxie1

M

moxie1

M

moxie1

<br />
<br />My uncle who does not have cf, but is a diabetic had the same problem a few weeks ago. He had also had corn that night. He thinks it was the corn, but my aunt thought that was unlikely. After your experience though, it makes me wonder.
<br />
<br />