MAJOR stomach cramps and throwing up

lmattaway

I love corn, but corn does NOT love me!

Courtney: Be careful not to have too much fiber, it can bind you up. Make sure you're getting hydrated enough, as fiber can tend to dry you out.

lmattaway

Courtney: Be careful not to have too much fiber, it can bind you up. Make sure you're getting hydrated enough, as fiber can tend to dry you out.

lmattaway

lmattaway

lmattaway

<br />
<br />Courtney: Be careful not to have too much fiber, it can bind you up. Make sure you're getting hydrated enough, as fiber can tend to dry you out.

jimmylungz

---------------------
Does anyone out there have problems with eating corn? I noticed after I eat corn I would have a stomach ache the next day but not horrible. Well, the other night I ate a corn on the cob and woke up at 2AM with MASSIVE cramps and I was going to the bathroom (normal not diarea) and then throwing up. The cramping continued all night went away the next day but I still felt like crap and did not eat and then the cramping came back the following morning and going on now but I feel ok today.

Does anyone think it might be the corn? Help!!!

Jennifer 36 years old with CF and CFRD
----------------

Jennifer, if it were me, and you are describing something very familiar to me in terms of pain.... Try this and see if it works. Buy a product for gas problems. I don't think corn is the problem. I think that if you ate say brocolli at the same moment in time, it would cause the same discomfort. Personally DURING the issues occurance, I would take some gasex. The symtoms should reside... If not, heck the best way to prevent any gut issues is with a one a day probiotic and plenty of digestive enzymes (CF enzymes and/or over the counter brands which are higher in protease and amylase).

Check out my FB page for CF

www.facebook.com/CFfiles

jimmylungz

---------------------
Does anyone out there have problems with eating corn? I noticed after I eat corn I would have a stomach ache the next day but not horrible. Well, the other night I ate a corn on the cob and woke up at 2AM with MASSIVE cramps and I was going to the bathroom (normal not diarea) and then throwing up. The cramping continued all night went away the next day but I still felt like crap and did not eat and then the cramping came back the following morning and going on now but I feel ok today.

Does anyone think it might be the corn? Help!!!

Jennifer 36 years old with CF and CFRD
----------------

Jennifer, if it were me, and you are describing something very familiar to me in terms of pain.... Try this and see if it works. Buy a product for gas problems. I don't think corn is the problem. I think that if you ate say brocolli at the same moment in time, it would cause the same discomfort. Personally DURING the issues occurance, I would take some gasex. The symtoms should reside... If not, heck the best way to prevent any gut issues is with a one a day probiotic and plenty of digestive enzymes (CF enzymes and/or over the counter brands which are higher in protease and amylase).

Check out my FB page for CF

www.facebook.com/CFfiles