MAJOR stomach cramps and throwing up

pnhuffman

I don't have cf but i sometimes get really bad stomach aches after eating corn too. This is good to know in case Austin experiences this.

pnhuffman

I don't have cf but i sometimes get really bad stomach aches after eating corn too. This is good to know in case Austin experiences this.

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

mamerth

Oh, man... that could explain why my digestive issues. I love popcorn (eating it quite a bit lately) and I have been getting "plugged" more often lately as well. I will try eliminating from my diet for a while and see if that helps things.

mamerth

Oh, man... that could explain why my digestive issues. I love popcorn (eating it quite a bit lately) and I have been getting "plugged" more often lately as well. I will try eliminating from my diet for a while and see if that helps things.

mamerth

mamerth

mamerth

CourtneyC

Wow I can't believe I may finally be getting an answer to the one real issue I have had with CF all my life - my stomach problems! I was born with Meconium Ileus and as I have gotten older the cramping has gotten even worse. My most recent episode left me throwing up for about 18 hours and my stomach cramps were so bad my mom said it reminded her of someone in labour! I also was in the hospital a couple of months ago with the NG tube and it was not a pleasant experience.

My family was also wondering if eating a lot of fiber could possibly be attribute to the cramps...i eat a lot of flaxseed & oatmeal, and am not sure if this has anything to do with it. Other than corn & popcorn, does anyone have any other foods that they have had reactions to?

CourtneyC

Wow I can't believe I may finally be getting an answer to the one real issue I have had with CF all my life - my stomach problems! I was born with Meconium Ileus and as I have gotten older the cramping has gotten even worse. My most recent episode left me throwing up for about 18 hours and my stomach cramps were so bad my mom said it reminded her of someone in labour! I also was in the hospital a couple of months ago with the NG tube and it was not a pleasant experience.

My family was also wondering if eating a lot of fiber could possibly be attribute to the cramps...i eat a lot of flaxseed & oatmeal, and am not sure if this has anything to do with it. Other than corn & popcorn, does anyone have any other foods that they have had reactions to?

CourtneyC

CourtneyC

CourtneyC

<br />
<br />My family was also wondering if eating a lot of fiber could possibly be attribute to the cramps...i eat a lot of flaxseed & oatmeal, and am not sure if this has anything to do with it. Other than corn & popcorn, does anyone have any other foods that they have had reactions to?

bagged2drag

It does seem that the causes of obstructions do vary some. It does sound like corn could be causing an obstruction in your case, as others seem to experience obstructions from vegetables as well. When I had my last surgery for an obstruction in December (had 3 surgeries already, and get obstructions almost monthly), the docs suspected it was because of undigested fruit or vegetables-they said that is the most common cause. In my case though, meat is the only correlating item in my diet that I know causes obstructions. If I eat a lot of meat, I am sure to get an obstruction. Not fun, so I limit what I eat. Vegetables, on the other hand, pass right through me---quite literally. Of course, if I didn't chew adequately, I could see where they would cause an obstruction as well. I guess my only suggestion, chew well, and watch closely to see if corn causes the same problem all the time. Also, is there any food you ate with the corn that is the same as the last couple times? Sometimes someone may pay attention to one food without paying attention to what else they are eating. For me, baked potatoes will sometimes cause problems as well...as does anything else I eat. Heck, even soup plugs me up!!! Sounds crazy, but, the broth goes right through me (within minutes), then I often get obstructed after.

bagged2drag

It does seem that the causes of obstructions do vary some. It does sound like corn could be causing an obstruction in your case, as others seem to experience obstructions from vegetables as well. When I had my last surgery for an obstruction in December (had 3 surgeries already, and get obstructions almost monthly), the docs suspected it was because of undigested fruit or vegetables-they said that is the most common cause. In my case though, meat is the only correlating item in my diet that I know causes obstructions. If I eat a lot of meat, I am sure to get an obstruction. Not fun, so I limit what I eat. Vegetables, on the other hand, pass right through me---quite literally. Of course, if I didn't chew adequately, I could see where they would cause an obstruction as well. I guess my only suggestion, chew well, and watch closely to see if corn causes the same problem all the time. Also, is there any food you ate with the corn that is the same as the last couple times? Sometimes someone may pay attention to one food without paying attention to what else they are eating. For me, baked potatoes will sometimes cause problems as well...as does anything else I eat. Heck, even soup plugs me up!!! Sounds crazy, but, the broth goes right through me (within minutes), then I often get obstructed after.

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

bagged2drag