Make a Wish

just1more

The ONLY requirement for MAW is a disease that is considered 'life shortening'.

CF qualifies, if they told you otherwise you need to push them a bit if you want the trip.

There is no reason to deny someone their trip. Though I would wonder if $$ is affecting things. We went last spring and at that point the GA/AL chapter of MAW was out of cash due to the economy.

It might be that they are only granting the dire cases right now??? Either way, CF qualifies, FYI went to Disney and there were 2 CF families there the week we went.

just1more

CF qualifies, if they told you otherwise you need to push them a bit if you want the trip.

There is no reason to deny someone their trip. Though I would wonder if $$ is affecting things. We went last spring and at that point the GA/AL chapter of MAW was out of cash due to the economy.

It might be that they are only granting the dire cases right now??? Either way, CF qualifies, FYI went to Disney and there were 2 CF families there the week we went.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />CF qualifies, if they told you otherwise you need to push them a bit if you want the trip.
<br />
<br />There is no reason to deny someone their trip. Though I would wonder if $$ is affecting things. We went last spring and at that point the GA/AL chapter of MAW was out of cash due to the economy.
<br />
<br />It might be that they are only granting the dire cases right now??? Either way, CF qualifies, FYI went to Disney and there were 2 CF families there the week we went.

pnhuffman

My son was granted his wish through the MAW when he was 5 and he is now 8. At that time they had an article in the newspaper about another child that just received his wish and he also had CF. And then another girl with CF received her wish the same year Austin did.

pnhuffman

My son was granted his wish through the MAW when he was 5 and he is now 8. At that time they had an article in the newspaper about another child that just received his wish and he also had CF. And then another girl with CF received her wish the same year Austin did.

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

Jane

Digital opinion leader
I agree the information you were given is incorrect. The severity of the disease is not a factor (except to provide safety during a wish trip), only the diagnosis.

Have your clinic social worker call to make the referral. Ours did for us.

My boys each received wishes. Jesse went to Hawaii and Josh had a room makeover. Both boys were in the 60-70 range for lung function.

This drives me crazy. MAW will honor a wish for a kid with cancer <i>in remission</i>,but not a kid whose disease is incurable? It sounds like all the MAW branches need to synchronize their policy.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
I agree the information you were given is incorrect. The severity of the disease is not a factor (except to provide safety during a wish trip), only the diagnosis.

My boys each received wishes. Jesse went to Hawaii and Josh had a room makeover. Both boys were in the 60-70 range for lung function.

This drives me crazy. MAW will honor a wish for a kid with cancer <i>in remission</i>,but not a kid whose disease is incurable? It sounds like all the MAW branches need to synchronize their policy.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />Have your clinic social worker call to make the referral. Ours did for us.
<br />
<br />My boys each received wishes. Jesse went to Hawaii and Josh had a room makeover. Both boys were in the 60-70 range for lung function.
<br />
<br />This drives me crazy. MAW will honor a wish for a kid with cancer <i>in remission</i>,but not a kid whose disease is incurable? It sounds like all the MAW branches need to synchronize their policy.

debs2girls

Also, when we were discussing a MAW for Chey..they (MAK of OK) said not to wait too long because we didnt want her to be too sick to enjoy it.

debs2girls

Also, when we were discussing a MAW for Chey..they (MAK of OK) said not to wait too long because we didnt want her to be too sick to enjoy it.

debs2girls

debs2girls

debs2girls